Daniele Rugani (19 Viewers)

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #2,106
    And what happens if one of our three defenders gets injured, which is likely to happen due to Barzagli and Chiellini's injury records?

We need to rotate him to be ready to replace one of them at any time.

His confidence and play will improve with more playing time.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    And what happens if one of our three defenders gets injured, which is likely to happen due to Barzagli and Chiellini's injury records?

If it was a different position, I'd agree, but I don't like to rotate CBs a lot. And I repeat, this situation we're in is very delicate. Any lost point matters.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011

You do realize that, including today, every game we've played since our atrocioua start has been a desperate must win? That is not the time to rotate what is working, despite short term damage to a talented prospect.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    You do realize that, including today, every game we've played since our atrocioua start has been a desperate must win? That is not the time to rotate what is working, despite short term damage to a talented prospect.
    exactly. I like having young prospects but theyre not nearly important enough to play if it risks the teams success.

Rugani should rot on the bench if its best for the team

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    This.

If this was the Juventus of last season and the seasons before, sure, play him as much as possible to get him used to our system and his new teammates. But we lost way too many points in the opening 10 rounds of the season for us to go experimenting with kids.

Apr 19, 2007
    He will slowly get playing time due to injuries and fatigue but no reason to rush him into anything. At the beginning of the season our team were under a lot of pressure. Guys that have handled media scrutiny and bad runs of form personally and in their team need to be the ones on the field. I think thats why Evra, Mandzukic,Barza,Chiellini,Bonucci, Marchisio etc need to be on the field even if they might not be as good as other players. I think it worked out too and now we are tarting to really progress as a team

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Except that some people have already came to the conclusion he's the next best thing while he showed absolutely nothing for us yet and continuously nagging about his lack of playing time.
    How is he supposed to show something when he has mere 120 mins of footie in half year? (it happening in same week too) :D Also when has he ever nagged about lack of playing time? Tho if he did, it would been somewhat warranted, considering today, the 20th December, was his debute in the league :)

No one is saying he should be starting. Sitautions like today is completely fine, you are leading by 2 goals and you give 30 mins to your rarely played backup defender who needs to gell/improve, can only do that with little more time. Barzagli is 34 and could use a 30 min breather here or there. Certainly can afford it when we are up couple of goals vs minnows. And the kid wasnt the one fucking up twice in this game either anyways.

Please dont become a hater just because you want to be contranian to others who annoy you elsewhere.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    How is he supposed to show something when he has mere 120 mins of footie in half year? (it happening in same week too) :D Also when has he ever nagged about lack of playing time? Tho if he did, it would been somewhat warranted, considering today, the 20th December, was his debute in the league :)

No one is saying he should be starting. Sitautions like today is completely fine, you are leading by 2 goals and you give 30 mins to your rarely played backup defender who needs to gell/improve, can only do that with little more time. Barzagli is 34 and could use a 30 min breather here or there. Certainly can afford it when we are up couple of goals vs minnows. And the kid wasnt the one fucking up twice in this game either anyways.

Please dont become a hater just because you want to be contranian to others who annoy you elsewhere.
    I'm not a hater. This is simply not the right time for him. It's pretty clear.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Right time to start? If they are healthy, no, except for when rotation is a must, in coppa's or lesser Serie A games before and after CL games. But if its for being subbed in when you are leading and your nonstop playing older defender could use a breather, while you need time to play and improve, then it makes sense. Besides being outdone in one instance where he went down fishing for fk ala Chiellini, he was mostly alright today.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Right time to start? If they are healthy, no, except for when rotation is a must, in coppa's or lesser Serie A games before and after CL games. But if its for being subbed in when you are leading and your nonstop playing older defender could use a breather, while you need time to play and improve, then it makes sense. Besides being outdone in one instance where he went down fishing for fk ala Chiellini, he was mostly alright today.
    The season is long. He'll play enough.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I tought that was a good thing.

Every game was a must win, we never were comfortably leading. He got a chance in the coppa, there was an opportunity now and he got 30mins.

I think thats reasonable ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)