Dani Alves (45 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Argentines and brazilians are indeed very different, Argentines for the most part see themselves as Europeans and looked down on the rest of South americans, while most south america bar brazil are cultural vassels of spain, Argentina sees itself as an equal. Juventus gets a lot of respect in Argentina actually, way more than the rest of SA.
Great info, thanks.

One part where i always saw parallels between Argentine and Italy is to 'do whatever is neccecary'
Many dont think argentina like this today, as they remember Messi, Maradonna. But in fact, look at Simeone.

Italy isnt afraid to make professional fauls when it needs to be done, they defend in number if it needs to. Hoof it if it needs to. Attack key players if it needs to (Scirea -> maradonna)

Argentina is actually similar in that mindset. Do anything to win. Grind down the play and play slow with sudden changes in pace is what they prefer ? Fine. Do anything to keep the pace out of the game.
Athletico is a fine example. Make those pesky fauls. Or groteque fauls. Wind up players and go full mandzukic. Do anything to keep the play like you want it to. Make the fauls and get the cards when it needs to. Butcher if it needs to.

I always liked both Argentina (before messi hype) and Italy the most. Teams that combined "exitus acta orbat" in defence, and had marvellous offensive players to attack.

You might have notived for me lavishly adoring Mascherano and Redondo (who arent actual butchers) and Ortega .

- - - Updated - - -

(Altho i do think Riquelme is much more Saviola)

OP
Bianconero_Aus

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #2,665
    Great info, thanks.

One part where i always saw parallels between Argentine and Italy is to 'do whatever is neccecary'
    Many dont think argentina like this today, as they remember Messi, Maradonna. But in fact, look at Simeone.

Italy isnt afraid to make professional fauls when it needs to be done, they defend in number if it needs to. Hoof it if it needs to. Attack key players if it needs to (Scirea -> maradonna)

Argentina is actually similar in that mindset. Do anything to win. Grind down the play and play slow with sudden changes in pace is what they prefer ? Fine. Do anything to keep the pace out of the game.
    Athletico is a fine example. Make those pesky fauls. Or groteque fauls. Wind up players and go full mandzukic. Do anything to keep the play like you want it to. Make the fauls and get the cards when it needs to. Butcher if it needs to.

I always liked both Argentina (before messi hype) and Italy the most. Teams that combined "exitus acta orbat" in defence, and had marvellous offensive players to attack.

You might have notived for me lavishly adoring Mascherano and Redondo (who arent actual butchers) and Ortega .

- - - Updated - - -

(Altho i do think Riquelme is much more Saviola)
    Well culturally, genetically and historically they are almost the same people. 60% (I think) of the population have Italian ancestry.

And Messi is an Italian surname. His wife (Antonella Roccuzzo) has a name that's about Southern Italian as it gets :D

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    Well culturally, genetically and historically they are almost the same people. 60% (I think) of the population have Italian ancestry.

And Messi is an Italian surname. His wife (Antonella Roccuzzo) has a name that's about Southern Italian as it gets :D
    Not to mention, the Argentinian Spanish has an Italian intonation to it. It almost sounds Italian.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    I've always preferred Argentines at Juve to Brazilians. One player I always wanted as a kid was Batistuta. Couldn't believe he stayed with those Rats for so long.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
    Why we let this clown go on a free, I will never know. We could have at least 5m for him, maybe 10. Whats the point in bickering over 5m for Costa and then donating this fucker for free?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)