Dani Alves (65 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Yes I totally agree and we have been living it every summer now. It's about time we change our policies now that we are in the highlight. Maybe this helped us reach where we are but now we need a new way of shrewdness to stay here and move even further.
We need Moggi back to lock them all up and slap them into place.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
It also doesn't help our bargaining position either. To me, it sends the signal that the only reason why we are selling a player is because he doesn't want to be here anymore. If I am the purchasing club, I would use that as leverage, taking into consideration that the player could be a problem for us to have to deal with if we don't sell him.
Us being respectful towards players wishes is exactly why we have succeed with so many bargain deals - and this have been one of the reasons why bosman players have preferred us instead of other clubs.
We don't have history of forcing players to the stands like other clubs - and the players and their representatives knows this; hence why they may favor us.

I am pretty sure that is what the management want to convey to future players, and if you ask me, this attitude has been one of the factors for our steady growth since 2011.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Us being respectful towards players wishes is exactly why we have succeed with so many bargain deals - and this have been one of the reasons why bosman players have preferred us instead of other clubs.
We don't have history of forcing players to the stands like other clubs - and the players and their representatives knows this; hence why they may favor us.

I am pretty sure that is what the management want to convey to future players, and if you ask me, this attitude has been one of the factors for our steady growth since 2011.
Respectful? No we are their bitch, and ain't no respect in that

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
On a serious note though the days of Moggi are long gone, you can't do what he did anymore. The power has shifted to agents. A sporting director controlling a player agency, lol.
Elaborate - what powers do player agents have to overthrow legal contracts? Like what leverage did Alves have on Beppe to make Beppe terminate his contract for free?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Elaborate - what powers do player agents have to overthrow legal contracts? Like what leverage did Alves have on Beppe to make Beppe terminate his contract for free?
Alves' termination is nothing to do with his agent, Beppe said he didn't want unmotivated players here. He's 34 years old and worth next to nothing with a year on his contract.

Agents have the power to advise players to make immoral, poor sporting or greedy decisions. Before the clubs and managers/directors decided the terms of transfer fees or if a player was even to be sold, somewhere along the line agents became more and more powerful, probably because of the influx of money and increased competition for the same players, allowing agents to build up empires and stables of players and become rich and influential enough to play clubs off against each other. Now you either play ball with them or you lose access to top players.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Alves' termination is nothing to do with his agent, Beppe said he didn't want unmotivated players here. He's 34 years old and worth next to nothing with a year on his contract.

Agents have the power to advise players to make immoral, poor sporting or greedy decisions. Before the clubs and managers/directors decided the terms of transfer fees or if a player was even to be sold, somewhere along the line agents became more and more powerful, probably because of the influx of money and increased competition for the same players, allowing agents to build up empires and stables of players and become rich and influential enough to play clubs off against each other. Now you either play ball with them or you lose access to top players.
We already have no access to top players cos they are out of our financial reach. Our only chance to have them is to develop promising players and to keep them once they hit WC level. And we can't do that if we get bent out of long term contracts for nebulous reasons. That's the irony.

And regarding Alves, the way Beppe handled that affair will go down in history as one of the weakest moves he has ever called. It will damage Juventus more than losing a 34yo fullback would imply.

Any half-respectable club will have a player like this rot in the stands and fined into submission, unless his new club comes to bail him out with a 10mil € fee. ManC sheikh earns that cash per minute

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)