Dani Alves (25 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He's right though, a top player should try to maximize the size and diversity of trophies in his cabinet. Theoretically speaking had we won the treble, I'd even let him go for free if he wanted to go win an EPL title.
The insinuation of what Ferdinand said wasnt that Juve is a better place to be but if you won everything then City makes sense. His insinuation was that he is still too good for Juve and should go to City because City is better.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LEONIDAS

Apr 12, 2017
Yep. He said exactly that in Portuguese...that Dybala need to "change of club" to develop.
Change of club to develop = Real/Barca.

I'LL TELL YOU GUYS THE TRUTH: 1 - Brazilians will never be 100% loyal to your european clubs..
Other South Americans are obsessed with the opinion of the europeans, but not the Brazilians.
Brazilians are obsessed with the United States and care a lot about what the americans think, for OBVIOUS reasons.

2 - Only the above-average Brazilian players will be 100% loyal to an european club.
Alex Sandro for example.
Its counterintuitive for us.
Any top Brazilian player: Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Neymar, etc, they will care about their own interests in first place.

3 - Brazilians will never change. I have no idea why people expect another thing.
You dont need to sign Brazilian players; its not like in the 80s; there are talent everywhere around the world now.

4 - Brazilians culture will be the same thousand years in the future..we dont want to change.
We dont need to change. Europe have an economic advantage NOW, but it was different in the past and probably will be different in the future.
Well, there's a reason why we have 35 million Italian descendants in Brazil..and 10 million German descendants, 2 millions of Polish; 2 millions from the rest of East Europe, 6 millions of Lebanese, 2 millions of Japanese...but guess what: they can't change us, and we dont want to change them..we like the way they are and they're welcomed.

5 - We're not like those small european countries where if you "import" 10.000 people from other part of the world, they can obliterate completely the identity of your cities..why?? You're WEAK and dont have your own culture anymore.

So stop saying things like : "Brazilians being Brazilians".
You're all nihilists, you live on a cultural limbo; and someone only need to take a look in your demographic projections, do the math, to realize what's gonna happen in the near future..

Você pode banir a sua mãe também, garoto.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The insinuation of what Ferdinand said wasnt that Juve is a better place to be but if you won everything then City makes sense. His insinuation was that he is still too good for Juve and should go to City because City is better.
He meant Premier league in general not City. Was a dick statement but seems like he's going to get this one right in the end.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He meant Premier league in general not City. Was a dick statement but seems like he's going to get this one right in the end.
IIRC the conversation was about Man City but yes he said Mancity is an EPL club and that was sufficient in his mind.

Still I dont see any EPL club as being a more attractive destination than Juve, even Chelsea who actually won the damn league and will probably only get better with time. He wasnt making a money argument either.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
IIRC the conversation was about Man City but yes he said Mancity is an EPL club and that was sufficient in his mind.

Still I dont see any EPL club as being a more attractive destination than Juve, even Chelsea who actually won the damn league and will probably only get better with time. He wasnt making a money argument either.
I remember that conversation. Lineker asked him if Dani would go to the PL next season and Rio replied by saying yes and when asked why he just said 'because it's the Premier league'. He wasn't angling at any club in particular.

It was just a good old premier league hype job statement from an English pundit.

And Alves was linked to Spurs at the time btw.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I see, whatever floats his boat tbh. The top dogs in the PL will always be perceived as bigger and more attractive destination then us, it's a sad reality.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yep. He said exactly that in Portuguese...that Dybala need to "change of club" to develop.

I'LL TELL YOU GUYS THE TRUTH: 1 - Brazilians will never be 100% loyal to your european clubs..
Other South Americans are obsessed with the opinion of the europeans, but not the Brazilians.
Brazilians are obsessed with the United States and care a lot about what the americans think, for OBVIOUS reasons.

2 - Only the above-average Brazilian players will be 100% loyal to an european club.
Alex Sandro for example.
Any top Brazilian player: Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Neymar, etc, they will care about their own interests in first place.

3 - Brazilians will never change. I have no idea why people expect another thing.
You dont need to sign Brazilian players; its not like in the 80s; there are talent everywhere around the world now.

4 - Brazilians culture will be the same thousand years in the future..we dont want to change.
We dont need to change. Europe have an economic advantage NOW, but it was different in the past and probably will be different in the future.
Well, there's a reason why we have 35 million Italian descendants in Brazil..and 10 million German descendants, 2 millions of Polish; 2 millions from the rest of East Europe, 6 millions of Lebanese, 2 millions of Japanese...but guess what: they can't change us, and we dont want to change them..we like the way they are and they're welcomed.

5 - We're not like those small european countries where if you "import" 10.000 people from other part of the world, they can obliterate completely the identity of your cities..why?? You're WEAK and dont have your own culture anymore.

You're all nihilists, you live on a cultural limbo; and someone only need to take a look in your demographic projections, do the math, to realize what's gonna happen in the near future..

Shit, this is deep. I'm woke

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I hope the EPL gets embroiled in a huge tax fraud and embezzlement scandal, and all the officials are indicted in some pedophilia case to boot. EPL teams gets banned from Europe indefinitely, and only delusional Engerlanders with questionable dental hygiene, beer bellies, and chrome domes care about that sad sack of shit league. The world will be a wonderful place then.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I hope the EPL gets embroiled in a huge tax fraud and embezzlement scandal, and all the officials are indicted in some pedophilia case to boot. EPL teams gets banned from Europe indefinitely, and only delusional Engerlanders with questionable dental hygiene, beer bellies, and chrome domes care about that sad sack of shit league. The world will be a wonderful place then.
:agree:

I want a scandal that would put calciopoli to shame.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006

Alex Sandro for example.

You explain how Brazilians only value money above everything else, they are not loyal, do not want to change and then go on to call us nihilists living in cultural limbo!!? Even the gypsies are smarter and more reliable than you and your compatriots, you an imbecile. I am begging you not to change.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I agree. It's just one part where I disagree and imo why we lost a CL: our midfield has become weaker as we're still missing Vidal.

- - - Updated - - -

So in the end it's gonna be 5-6mln that we'll earn from the transfer, yeah, that's seriously a lot of money like everyone mentioned lol.
:tup:

I still think we're missing one top CM. I said so last summer, and I'll continue to say it. Even if we continue with 2 CMs, we need 1 more top CM to rotate with Pjanic, Marchisio, Khedira, and so we have the ability to easily field a 3 man mid at times, a 2nd young one with better potential and upside than guys like Lemina, Stu, Rincon. 1 top established CM to be a starter, or at least fight for a starting spot, and 1 young guy with big upside.

Perhaps the management and Max wanted to see what they could turn Sturaro or Lemina into, but it hasn't worked out, so it's time to move on from at least 1 of them, if not both.

- - - Updated - - -

What a ridiculous statement

Reminds me when you said Pogba is miles above Verratti and Iniesta before we sold him
The last 3-4 months of 15-16 for us, Pogba played like the best CM in football, bar Modric. I still believe that.

I have no doubt he'll have periods like that for ManU in the future too, however much I hope he doesn't. His ceiling is best CM in football.

I already told the Bayern fan that was a bit of hyperbole, obviously. It doesn't change the fact we've had a better 3 seasons under Allegri than either of those clubs, as far as trophies won, and CL progress. 3 straight domestic doubles, +2 CL finals. Bayern is 3/3 league titles, 1/3 domestic cup, and no CL finals. Atletico is 0/3 league titles, 0/3 domestic cups, and 1 CL final.

So I'd say it's pretty fucking obvious that outside Barca and Real we've had the best 3 year period. The time period Allegri has been coach.

It's also pretty fucking obvious Bayern has had a far better decade, because of the CL title.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)