Dani Alves (68 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Buffon: Ballon d’Or a fairy-tale!
By Football Italia staff

Juventus’ Gianluigi Buffon confesses winning the Ballon d’Or after the Champions League would be “a happy ending to a fairy-tale.”

“Cristiano Ronaldo is a sporting example for everyone, young and old, fans of football and sport in general,” he continued at a Press conference.

“I will say that at the age of 39, I thought I had nothing more to learn in terms of emotion and the sensations a teammate can give you.

“To be perfectly honest, this year by talking to Dani Alves I’ve learned a great deal and it’s been a long time since I’ve felt that.

“He showed me why players like Dani, Ronaldo and Messi are able to always win and never be satisfied.

“It takes the humility to put yourself up for discussion and soak up what is there to be learned.

“Dani Alves? When he signed for us, I sent him the message: Teach us how to win the Champions League!

“Dani Alves is very much like me, he’s very optimistic and believed we’d get there.

“He’s been a revelation for me, not as a player, because we all know what can do, but behind the scenes, that part people don’t know and in my view makes a bigger impact than what you see on the pitch.

“How does it feel to still be playing? If you’ve been lucky enough to play alongside or against great champions, you can come to the end and become a Coach.

“I am not surprised to see him on the Real Madrid bench, as he maintained the pedigree he had as a player now that he’s a Coach. He hasn’t lost that winning mentality.

“It’s also true he didn’t always win in life, he tasted some defeat, and I hope that happens tomorrow! It wouldn’t change his career path.

“Football is a metaphor for life and there’s nothing more mortifying than boredom.

“Ballon d’Or between Buffon and Ronaldo? We have such different roles that there can be no comparison. I must exclusively defend and he must spend most of his time attacking.

“All I can do is not concede goals. He can make a much bigger impact. I’m happy with the talk of this, but it doesn’t change my inner balance.

“I find the Ballon d’Or to be gratifying, but secondary, in all honesty. The only thing that counts is winning tomorrow.

“If it happens in future, I’ll be up for the game, but until then it’s irrelevant.

“Keylor Navas has won more Champions League trophies than me, while he’s been doing well since the 2014 World Cup.

“You can have one good year at Real Madrid, but a series of good campaigns is special.

“Considering the players out there, you can’t help but think of Messi and Ronaldo for the Ballon d’Or. If you are thinking about the trophies won, then that’s another matter.

“I’m sure everyone who has been in sport will recognise the emotions of a young lad, as Dani Alves calls me, and many see themselves in my history of spending many years at Juventus. I did a great deal for the club and received even more.

“It’d be almost a perfect finale and people love a happy ending to a fairy-tale.”

- - - Updated - - -

Dani Alves - our best buy this year easily and cost us nothing :delpiero:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Everything, but his professionalism on the field, is annoying.
Buffon: Ballon d’Or a fairy-tale!
By Football Italia staff

Juventus’ Gianluigi Buffon confesses winning the Ballon d’Or after the Champions League would be “a happy ending to a fairy-tale.”

“Cristiano Ronaldo is a sporting example for everyone, young and old, fans of football and sport in general,” he continued at a Press conference.

“I will say that at the age of 39, I thought I had nothing more to learn in terms of emotion and the sensations a teammate can give you.

“To be perfectly honest, this year by talking to Dani Alves I’ve learned a great deal and it’s been a long time since I’ve felt that.

“He showed me why players like Dani, Ronaldo and Messi are able to always win and never be satisfied.

“It takes the humility to put yourself up for discussion and soak up what is there to be learned.

“Dani Alves? When he signed for us, I sent him the message: Teach us how to win the Champions League!

“Dani Alves is very much like me, he’s very optimistic and believed we’d get there.

“He’s been a revelation for me, not as a player, because we all know what can do, but behind the scenes, that part people don’t know and in my view makes a bigger impact than what you see on the pitch.

“How does it feel to still be playing? If you’ve been lucky enough to play alongside or against great champions, you can come to the end and become a Coach.

“I am not surprised to see him on the Real Madrid bench, as he maintained the pedigree he had as a player now that he’s a Coach. He hasn’t lost that winning mentality.

“It’s also true he didn’t always win in life, he tasted some defeat, and I hope that happens tomorrow! It wouldn’t change his career path.

“Football is a metaphor for life and there’s nothing more mortifying than boredom.

“Ballon d’Or between Buffon and Ronaldo? We have such different roles that there can be no comparison. I must exclusively defend and he must spend most of his time attacking.

“All I can do is not concede goals. He can make a much bigger impact. I’m happy with the talk of this, but it doesn’t change my inner balance.

“I find the Ballon d’Or to be gratifying, but secondary, in all honesty. The only thing that counts is winning tomorrow.

“If it happens in future, I’ll be up for the game, but until then it’s irrelevant.

“Keylor Navas has won more Champions League trophies than me, while he’s been doing well since the 2014 World Cup.

“You can have one good year at Real Madrid, but a series of good campaigns is special.

“Considering the players out there, you can’t help but think of Messi and Ronaldo for the Ballon d’Or. If you are thinking about the trophies won, then that’s another matter.

“I’m sure everyone who has been in sport will recognise the emotions of a young lad, as Dani Alves calls me, and many see themselves in my history of spending many years at Juventus. I did a great deal for the club and received even more.

“It’d be almost a perfect finale and people love a happy ending to a fairy-tale.”

- - - Updated - - -

Dani Alves - our best buy this year easily and cost us nothing :delpiero:
@Ocelot @igortudor @DAiDEViL

Another brilliant jinx by me. I still hates his videos, though.

Jan 22, 2016
What a player. What a GOAT.the best RB we have had as far as i remember. and i don't think we will find another RB close to him for decades .
When i watched him at barca i never thought we would have to wait until this guy comes to us and helps us win the Champions League.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Dani :heart: :heart:
Fuck everyone that hated on him earlier, he was always our most impressive signing of the season. I still can't believe he's playing for us
I did. He looked like a hack in 2016 and I asked some members here (who praised him, when we signed him) why they hyped him so much. But they were right. He has been a world class beast, when it mattered. It might have to do with how Allegri changed the setup of the team. Almost every player have improved.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The way he bailed buffon in the interview when buffon turned into a bag of nerves was astounding.

I mean, we are not talking about a rookie...we are talking about fukcin buffon!!!

alves is just too boss

enzo

May 14, 2012
This can only be a rumor. I doubt he would leave for England. After all, he said that he had a hard time to settle in Italy.
He has "arrived" at Juventus and will play next season for us. I'm pretty confident about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)