Dani Alves (9 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He hasn't been poor at all defensively for us.

The one match we actually were badly outplayed and conceded twice from crosses was against Inter, and Licht played the 90 minutes there.
If that's what you think, fine. To me he looks like my granny could beat him.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Alves against pretty much all teams we come up against, because most of the time they park the bus and we struggle to score, but against a team like Real or Barca - yes, i'd always go with Licht, simply because he is the better defender in my book and a match vs inter won't change my opinion.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
B81, you truly are the biggest moron on this forum. But keep posting this nonsense. It gives a good laugh to read it.

- - - Updated - - -

If that's what you think, fine. To me he looks like my granny could beat him.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Alves against pretty much all teams we come up against, because most of the time they park the bus and we struggle to score, but against a team like Real or Barca - yes, i'd always go with Licht, simply because he is the better defender in my book and a match vs inter won't change my opinion.
Licht who gave up that penalty against Chievo with terrible positioning?

I love Lichtsteiner, and think he was definitely a better defender by a very clear margin in the past, but Dani Alves has played very well for us at both ends of the pitch. Teams have hardly created anything from his side of the pitch when he has played.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
B81, you truly are the biggest moron on this forum. But keep posting this nonsense. It gives a good laugh to read it.

- - - Updated - - -

Licht who gave up that penalty against Chievo with terrible positioning?

I love Lichtsteiner, and think he was definitely a better defender by a very clear margin in the past, but Dani Alves has played very well for us at both ends of the pitch. Teams have hardly created anything from his side of the pitch when he has played.
You know you have a weak argument when you have to resort to pathetic name calling to justify your opinions. I prefer to engage in discussions with intelligent individuals who don't feel the need to call others idiots and morons at every possible opportunity. I see a pattern in your posts. You suck up to certain posters and can't help but criticize others (mock them and resort to petulant name calling) to feel good about yourself. It truly shows what kind of person you are. I sincerely hope you have a healthy existence in the real world, but I envisage you as someone who was probably bullied as a child, and those ugly insecurities have stuck with you through adulthood.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Licht is not the player he used to be. He's been regressing for some time now. It's come to the point we've got no real use of him anymore besides an odd Serie A game. He's been fantastic for us there past 5 years though.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Jesus fukkin christ the reason why most of the clasicos in recent memory have gone Barca's way is because Dani Alves has absolutely nullified Ronaldo!
Jesus fukkin christ good for you! But thanks, I have my own opinion.

Btw. Was it Barca or Dani Alves who nullifield Ronaldo? Cause you do that by cutting off his support.

How old is most of the footage used in the vid btw.? He won lot's of the battles because he was quick as fuck, but he isn't anymore and i can't say the same about ronaldo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes, please keep showing up the minute a slightly poor performance is put in by the team to parade your poignant analysis as to the disastrous future of our club. It's very intelligent. Our midfield sucks. Dani Alves sucks. Pjanic sucks. Khedira sucks. Etc etc etc.

Dani Alves forward runs and crosses haven't been very effective...? Yeah. He hasn't created a ton of chances with accurate crosses. Doesn't have 2 assists from them, doesn't have 2 goals already, did not create a third own goal. What a terrible RWB/RB to only have 2 goals-2 assists, plus the own goal, from 1000 minutes this season. And that little back heel that set Cuadrado free yesterday to set up Khedira's near miss was pathetic.

And we've been so terrible defensively with Alves playing every match for us in CL. I mean, in 5 matches, conceding all of 2 goals, both from set pieces. Alves must be an awful defender.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes, please keep showing up the minute a slightly poor performance is put in by the team to parade your poignant analysis as to the disastrous future of our club. It's very intelligent. Our midfield sucks. Dani Alves sucks. Pjanic sucks. Khedira sucks. Etc etc etc.

Dani Alves forward runs and crosses haven't been very effective...? Yeah. He hasn't created a ton of chances with accurate crosses. Doesn't have 2 assists from them, doesn't have 2 goals already, did not create a third own goal. What a terrible RWB/RB to only have 2 goals-2 assists, plus the own goal, from 1000 minutes this season. And that little back heel that set Cuadrado free yesterday to set up Khedira's near miss was pathetic.

And we've been so terrible defensively with Alves playing every match for us in CL. I mean, in 5 matches, conceding all of 2 goals, both from set pieces. Alves must be an awful defender.
I never said that. All I said was that he has been disappointing, and relative to expectations, that is a fair assessment. Pjanic has been the worst, relative to his value. Higuain has scored his fair share of goals, and Pjaca has yet to play (so I can't judge him).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I never said that. All I said was that he has been disappointing, and relative to expectations, that is a fair assessment. Pjanic has been the worst, relative to his value. Higuain has scored his fair share of goals, and Pjaca has yet to play (so I can't judge him).
We clearly disagree. Pjanic creates more chances for us per 90 than anyone else. And while he's been terribly inconsistent he's been nowhere near as poor as some are making him out to be, and will likely improve massively once our team settles on a set of tactics and a formation. As others have said, he's a good times player who functions best when the team is in top form, as seen by the games he has played well in, which have generally been those the entire team played better in. Add to that his 4 goals - 3 assists thus far, and he's been decent for us. Same deal with Khedira.

Where both of those two have been very poor for us, is big matches, and that is both disappointing and worrying, though we certainly have quite a number of players who can step up instead, but as we progress in the CL, I certainly do hope those two can improve, and Allegri can find tactics that maximize their effectiveness on the pitch. The Khedira of the first 3 matches of this season against Viola, Lazio, Sassuolo was excellent, making smart, well-timed runs, getting involved in the build-up play, positioning himself intelligently, even winning tackles... Then he vanished down a black hole of poor form. Hopefully he gets back his mojo. Pjanic I always expect to be somewhat inconsistent, but Dybala and Higuain both playing should help him provide more of a link between midfield and attack, Allegri needs to have him play further up the pitch so Dybala doesn't always have to drop so deep, and so our team can take advantage of his fantastic through ball ability, which Higuain has always been a master of getting on the end of.

Alves has been good for me. Surprisingly solid defensively, and one of our main chance creators going forward. My biggest problem with him was his tendency to drift inward to the midfield, during the first few games here and push Dybala out to the wing. But he stopped doing that so much in the couple games before Dybala was injured, and now seems to be improving at staying out wide. He has also shown to combine best with Dybala out of all our new signings, which is promising. It would be nice to see Higuain and Pjanic figure out how to combine well with anyone but each other, as so far they seem to have developed a good understanding, but no idea how to play with the rest of the team.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair - I kinda expect us to keep a clean sheet against the teams we came up so far.
So do I. And we have. Outside our inexplicable inability to defend set-piece plays... But I don't expect much from Alves in terms of defending set-pieces.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Disappointing? So what were you expectations? Honestly I don't see what else he could do. He's a very technical player which helps us a lot in possession and when the defense is under pressure. Licht always just kicks it away, carelessly. Alves at least tries to keep it which is what top teams do/want to do. Defensively he's been good enough. In the locker room he definitely has a positive impact on the team's mentality (just like Evra does). What else then?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
If Lichtsteiner has anything over Dani Alves it's his runs in behind defenses. Rather than provide width, Dani Alves prefers to loaf around with the ball. I'm not sure what it was about Barcelona that allowed him to thrive playing in such an unorthodox way, but it's not working at Juve.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
If Lichtsteiner has anything over Dani Alves it's his runs in behind defenses. Rather than provide width, Dani Alves prefers to loaf around with the ball. I'm not sure what it was about Barcelona that allowed him to thrive playing in such an unorthodox way, but it's not working at Juve.
Except for the fact Licht runs behind defenses 2 or 3 times a season, and when he does it, he fucks the crossing up..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's lost that extra step he had in the past, kills a lot of his penetration game so he plays in front of the defender instead.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Disappointing? So what were you expectations? Honestly I don't see what else he could do. He's a very technical player which helps us a lot in possession and when the defense is under pressure. Licht always just kicks it away, carelessly. Alves at least tries to keep it which is what top teams do/want to do. Defensively he's been good enough. In the locker room he definitely has a positive impact on the team's mentality (just like Evra does). What else then?
Really? It's what i like about our players. We do NOT try to keep it at all costs. If a situation is dangerous, just kick it out. Keep it simple instead if conceding a stupid goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)