Dani Alves (14 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol you don't fluke 200 goals as a CM, it was more like he figured it's high procentile chance for success to shoot hard and low no matter what and make defenders make it harder for their goalie.

Deco too used to score plenty of deflected shots too. After a while it cant all be coincidence.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That was his goal, text book deflection, it's own goal only if it wasn't going in if it wasn't touched mostly. While this just changing direction towards goal. Very lucky but regular.

OP
Bianconero_Aus

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #605
    That was his goal, text book deflection, it's own goal only if it wasn't going in if it wasn't touched mostly. While this just changing direction towards goal. Very lucky but regular.

I've seen similar goals given as own goals, as @Alen said, even UEFA didn't know who to award the goal to until later on.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    He's very lucky to get that. His free-kick seemed to be going wide, and then the keeper made a save which ended up virtually pushing the ball into the goal. Normally in that scenario you'd have defender OG or keeper OG before the attacker.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

The way Alves kicks those, i like it. Either it goes trough the wall, at quite some but on target, and you'll have a good chance its in, or corner, or blocked back into play (with Higuain in the box, good luck defence).

But its central when it enters above the wall with curve, so anything that it hits will completely alter its trajectory. so you can get all kind of stuff going.

I'd like to see players run straight behind the wall immediatly to take advantage of this

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    He's very lucky to get that. His free-kick seemed to be going wide, and then the keeper made a save which ended up virtually pushing the ball into the goal. Normally in that scenario you'd have defender OG or keeper OG before the attacker.
    Agree, ive seen many given as own goal in these type of scenarios.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

the keeper kinda boxed it in, looks like an own goal from him imo

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Ball would have gone in if he didnt touch it. Arent owngoals changing the trajectory of a ball that wouldnt have gone in otherwise
    Its pretty hard to tell where that ball was going to end up if there was no wall. You could award the goal to the defender, since his header forced goalie to punch it into his own net :D

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    He plays like a midfielder when we have the ball. It's strange that Dybala and Khedira end up having to occupy the right flank as if they themselves were the fullback.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    He plays like a midfielder when we have the ball. It's strange that Dybala and Khedira end up having to occupy the right flank as if they themselves were the fullback.
    There was a scene yesterday where he somehow found himself at the position a LW would normally occupy, had to watch twice to make sure it's really him :D

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
    Takes too many chances and needs to stay focused the whole 90 minutes. Holds the ball too much and when he remains out of options he either shoots, put a bad cross or puts his teammates on the spot with a risky back-pass. Not to mention the useless back-heels and other flashy things that rarely work. Also his positioning is really off, at some point he wandered between our back three and stood there until Barzagli waved and told him to get back on ther right. Now I'm not saying he's bad, it's just that his timing is usually off and he needs to improve his decision-making. Ideally he's the opposite of Lichtsteiner, an offensive wing-back that adds a lot in attack but is shaky in defence. But the trade-off isn't worth it yet. And he should overlap way more, like AS does. What happens is, the ball usually gets to him on the right. Instead of passing it and making a run behind the defence, he tries to dribble around a player or two, gets stuck there down on the wing and at that point Dybala needs to come from the penalty box to help him, if he's still in possession at that point. I don't get why Khedira isn't doing it instead, we're only left with Higuain up front and I think it's why Dybala has been playing so far away from goal lately. It worked for Alves at Barca, but they still had Neymar and Suarez there when Messi dropped deep to help.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    I'd even go as far as say that he's the main reason we struggled so bad, both at the back and in the middle. He's all over the place, and usually not in a good way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)