Dammit Real just got better (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm not talking about Beckham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLANETFOOTBALL.COM

REAL MADRID have sacked coach Vicente Del Bosque, just one day after the tactician led the capital club to La Liga title.
The club decided at a board meeting on Monday that Del Bosque would be relieved of his coaching duties at the Santiago Bernabeu.

It would appear that Real are looking to clear the decks, as defensive lynchpin Fernando Hierro has also been informed that his contract will not be renewed.

Del Bosque led the club to a final day victory over Athletic Bilbao which brough the Spanish title back to Santiago Bernabeu, but it was not enough for the Real board.

Defeat in the Champions League at the semi-final stage was plainly not good enough for a team capable of fielding super-talents like Raul, Ronaldo, Zinedine Zidane, Roberto Carlos and Luis Figo.

Real have said that they will look to unveil a new coach as quickly as possible.

Bernabeu sporting director Jorge Valdano said: "It is time for a new cycle and a change in the organisation.

"Our task is to find a new trainer, but I am not going to comment on specific individuals at the moment."

The Spanish media are claiming that England Sven Goran Eriksson is the early frontrunner, but whether he will quit his post with the FA at this stage is debateable.

Manchester United assistant coach Carlos Quieroz and Porto chief Jose Mourinho are two other names in the frame.

The news comes on the same day that Real`s bitter rivals Barcelona unveiled Frank Rijkaard as their new coach.

Real spokesman Enrique Sanchez confirmed that Hierro will also follow Del Bosque out of the exit door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That last part's bad news for Europe...they might actually buy a defender :dazed:

Buy on AliExpress.com

bongo10

Jun 11, 2003
they'll probably spent some large money on a defender
its no surprise if a big name defender who is not on a market pops out

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by bongo10 ] ++
they'll probably spent some large money on a defender
its no surprise if a big name defender who is not on a market pops out
like?? is there anyone that's not on the market but unsettled.

2. Mexes (he could be a free agent soon so the team that can pay the higher wage would be the most likely, so i dont really see anyone turning down real madrid :down: )

2. Lucio (not in CL and not well financially aas all other german teams at the moment) are up for grabs.

3. Chivu (Madrid could snub inter as juve snubbed Roma)

who else?!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
If Capello will be their new coach, this might pave the way for Samuel.

Anyway just read that apparently there were some internal fights between Valdano and Raul, and either one of them is not going to stay with Real.

This fight was broadcast on spanish radio, and even Ronaldo was in it cos apparently he called Valdano a son of a *****.

My source? Nothing official, just some spanish people who were listening to this radio program. Obviously Real will say all is well today.

PS Wouldn't mind if Raul was exchanged with DP ;)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
Capello or any good coach wont even bother taking up the post.

They need a person that will field all of the "stars" and still win. Del Bosque did an amasing job considering th circumstances.

They will probably bring is some "low-profile" coach.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
apparantly they are after carlos queiroz man u's assistant manager. I agree with martin though this was a silly move. Hierro, yes, Del Bosque no.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What remains for us is to wish them good luck and hope they crash and burn next season. :D I have my fingers crossed that twice world champion and overall football god Ronaldo will never win a CL title :devil:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Del Bosque Unhappy With Madrid

Vicente Del Bosque was clearly unhappy after dismissal as coach of Real Madrid following the club's decision not to renew his contract this summer.
After winning seven trophies with the Bernabeu outfit, the ex-Madrid player has reason to feel aggrieved at the move that came only a day after he won the league title.
"A lot of abstract words have been used to explain my dismissal," he explained in his first interview following the news.
"It's been called the end of a cycle at the club but they're just empty words."
Madrid's sporting director Jorge Valdano justified the action by claiming that the club thought it was best to make changes while it was enjoying success.
But Del Bosque does not believe that his removal was justified and vowed to bounce back elsewhere.
"I don't want a year off and I'll try to find something that appeals to me," he said.
"I'll never coach Atletico Madrid or Barcelona, though."

soccerage

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Samuel
My first thought too. If they get him that's going to be a problem, the same with Mexes.

And I agree that Del Bosque did a good job. They can never get a "real" coach with their team, and I think they're going to struggle with his replacement.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++

They will probably bring is some "low-profile" coach.
Like Del Bosque?

I can't see why they sacked him, perhaps they had expected better results.

I doubt that we will see Sven-Göran Eriksson on Bernabeau, I just think he is too defensive.
Capello would be great for them.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Are you kidding? Capello lasted one season at Real and Perez wasn't even in charge then. Don Fabio isn't the type to follow orders.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
Imagine Capello being told that he has to play this guy or that guy. Imagine Capello putting up with new suprestars and changing his tactics to suit the marketing plan of Peres rather than what's needed on the field?

If Capello goes there and takes over, it will be under condition that Real doesnt mandle in who plays on the field, who's a starter, who's a sub...

I cant see that happeneing

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
Imagine Capello being told that he has to play this guy or that guy. Imagine Capello putting up with new suprestars and changing his tactics to suit the marketing plan of Peres rather than what's needed on the field?

If Capello goes there and takes over, it will be under condition that Real doesnt mandle in who plays on the field, who's a starter, who's a sub...

I cant see that happeneing
It will be hard for Real to find a coach that can follow orders from above and still do good results. I am convinced that Capello would do miracles with Real but perhaps he wouldn't do it the way Peres wants him to.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I still cannot understand how they could just show the door to Hierro. I mean he was with them for ages and is/was a captain ... I'm sure they could wait for another year, after that he would retaire anyway. They are really heartless. It's like we would say Thanks for everything and Ciao to Conte or Ferarra ... I cannot imagine Juve doing it. Never!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)