Dammit Real just got better (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Luis Figo on Beckham's arrival:

"We’ll all benefit from the arrival of a player like Beckham. He will be welcomed like I was."

"There is great harmony in our side and there are no motives to suggest that it will be any different next year."

:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #44
    Hmmm I think he talking generally, and I don't think Beckham's arrival had anything to do with Hierro and Vinc's leaving. If it was someone like Guti or Morientes, that'd be a different story...

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #45
    Real unveil Queiroz

REAL MADRID have unveiled Carlos Queiroz as their new coach.
    Queiroz wasted no time in agreeing the move on Wednesday morning, quickly negotiating the terms of his contract with Madrid's director of sport Jorge Valdano.

United's early reticence to let their able assistant leave after just a year quickly evaporated, and Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitted they could not stop the Portuguese tactician from taking over one of the elite football clubs.

"First of all I would like to give my thanks for being granted this immense honour," said Queiroz.

"As the president says this is a club with greatest success in the world, and has constructed a great part of the history of world-wide soccer.

"This gives me the desire and inspiration to live up to the objectives and ambitions of all the fans of Real Madrid.

"This is not the time to make promises, but instead to show the commitment and work that can thank Real Madrid for the confidence they have shown in me.

"I want to thank president Jorge Valdano for all the conversations we have had."

Queiroz takes over at El Santiago Bernabeu from Vicente Del Bosque who was dismissed from the post despite leading Real to their 29th Primera title.

The coach will have fellow countryman Luis Figo in his side, as well as David Beckham, who he coached last season at Old Trafford.

Queiroz also reserved special praise for Ferguson, who green-lighted his move to Real.

"He is a man of magnitude," added Queiroz. "After talking to him I can say he is a man of football.

"Without a great man such as Sir Alex I would not have learnt as much, and been as prepared for this challenge."

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I'm not to familiar with him but he can't be any worse than DelBosque. I mean, you have to be a pretty stupid coach to have a team like that and NOT win every trophee imaginable season after season!

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #47
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    I'm not to familiar with him but he can't be any worse than DelBosque. I mean, you have to be a pretty stupid coach to have a team like that and NOT win every trophee imaginable season after season!
    One thing I thought Del Bosque did okay was to not let all the egos boil over. I'm surprised some of the players don't have catfights and refuse to pass to each other. I don't think Lippi could handle having so many egos in one team.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

One thing I thought Del Bosque did okay was to not let all the egos boil over. I'm surprised some of the players don't have catfights and refuse to pass to each other. I don't think Lippi could handle having so many egos in one team.
    I heard there was something like a "locker room policy" then. All the players could fight like crap in the locker room but they were not allowed to say anything affecting the club's reputation elsewhere. And Hierro was the mediator then.

Now EVEYTHING has changed and I'm dying to see what's going to happen:cool:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    they already seem to have problems...."too many cooks spoil the broth" :D

but i think getting a new coach is the step in the right direction for them :down: he did wounders with Porto and he could do a hell of a lot more damage with the players at his disposal.

hopefully real won't secure a good defender!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)