Dammit Real just got better (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
I still cannot understand how they could just show the door to Hierro. I mean he was with them for ages and is/was a captain ... I'm sure they could wait for another year, after that he would retaire anyway. They are really heartless. It's like we would say Thanks for everything and Ciao to Conte or Ferarra ... I cannot imagine Juve doing it. Never!

It was planned that Hierro would stay at Real for two more seasons .. but something happened during the title celebrations .. sort of a bust-up between him and Valdano so Perez decided to show him the door for that ..

Buy on AliExpress.com

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
Capello or any good coach wont even bother taking up the post.

They need a person that will field all of the "stars" and still win. Del Bosque did an amasing job considering th circumstances.

They will probably bring is some "low-profile" coach.

I agree, but if Capello where to take the job then I would truely believe that Real would be unstopable .. but as you explained that won't happen .. Capello himslef recently indicated that he is not interested in taking over Real ..

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
I'm copying this from XT real madrid forum....

Posting this from a Liverpool site I'm a member of - from their Spanish correspondent who is impeccably connected and scooped most of Europe with the beckham agreeing to join Madrid story I posted here in April ......

"Phoned xxxx last night to congratulate him on Madrid winning the Liga and to find out just exactly why Florentino had kicked out Del Bosque and Hierro when it was agreed and accepted up to Sunday night that both would continue; Del Bosque for a year and Hierro for two.

The decision not to renew Del Bosques contract was taken during the Board meeting yesterday after a three hour discussion - the original plan was to offer him a year's extension on the same wage as before - 2 million Euros plus bonuses.

What effectively turned the Board against Del Bosque was the fact that he had hired an ex-vice president, Juan Onieva, as his lawyer to negotiate a pay rise. Onieva was ousted by Florentino at the time of the arrival of Figo. Onieva is one of the most hated enimies of Florentino. Del Bosque knew this and was playing with fire when he hired the lawyer.

The other reason not to continue with del Bosque mentioned in the Board meeting was that he had allowed the players too much leeway. This also ties in with the events post Athletico Bilbao and Hierro.

As I told you a couple of months ago Florentino and Hierro had come to a gentleman's agreement that gave the player a further two years at the club and then a testimonial.

This is what xxxx told me last night.

The celebration of the 29th Liga title cost Hierro his head. Instead of a big party it was a disaster. Long faces, dropped heads and insults were the norm during the after match dinner.

According to xxxx, the news of Beckham's arrival in the week that the team had to play the decisive Liga game was the last straw for some of the players, lead by Hierro. Hierro had turned Guti against the club and Beckham according to the
xxxx's insiders. Hierro had previously attempted a player's revolution just before the Supercup in Monaco in response to the director's treatment of Morientes. The situation between the players and the Board had also grown tense over the renewals of Guti and Solari, as well as Hierro's own renewal. Up until
Sunday evening the relationship had been cold, but correct, on Sunday correctness went out of the window.

Everything started when the players refused to do a second lap of honour around the grass in the Bernabeau. The excuse given by the players was that there were too many press reporters and photographers on the pitch. But everything had been prepared beforehand. It was the players manner of protesting against the club. Valdano went down to the dressing room to see what was going on. he asked the players to go back up onto the pitch. Hierro told him in blunt terms what he could do with his celebration. xxxx had placed one of his reporters inside
the dressing room with the permission of Florentino. The reporter was dressed as a waterboy/groundsman and was a first hand witness to what went on.

Valdano told Hierro to stop being an arsehole and the players then refused to go to the Cibeles fountain to do the traditional celebration and they also
refused to go to the celebratory ceremonies held yesterday in the town hall and cathedral. Valdano phoned Florentino, who didn't want to answer the call, because he guessed what was happening in the dressing room. Eventually, he
answered and told valdano to tell the players that they had to go to the Cibeles and the club dinner.

At the Cibeles fountain, the police refused to let the players "crown" the statue of the Godess, but it seemed as if the players had calmed down by the time they got to the restaurant.

In the Mesón Txistu, (the restaurant where they always eat after winning something), with xxxx amongst the limited number of guests, things started to go off the rails. At two in the morning the players started chanting "China, china, china" in reference to the planned pre-season tournament of China and
Japan. Hierro as spokesman had voiced their refusal to start their pre-season on the Far East on various occasions.

Valdano was forced to call the club capitans, Hierro, Figo and Raul away from the tables and he told them to put their house in order. Time and time again for an hour and a half Hierro and company were told to leave their tables and
speak to Valdano, much to the surprise of their wives and girlfriends.

The result of these comings and goings was that the players refused point blank to celebrate the Liga title infront of their fans the following day. The motive - the growing distance and coolness in the relations between the president and
the Board of directors and the players.

Raúl told the other players and Valdano told Florentino of the players decision. Florentino was dumbstruck. It was four in the morning and he decided
to take control of the situation. Standing up Florentino spoke to everyone in the restaurant:

“Good evening, ladies, gentlemen and children (referring to the players). I ask that tomorrow, although many of you don't want to do it, because of what happened in the Cibeles, we put on your best suits and we go and do our duty
with the Institutions, the people and the thousands and thousands of madrileños who will be waiting for us in La Almudena, in the Town Hall and in the Community. To turn this into a scandal between grown ups in the best club
of the 20th century does not make any sense. And I also want, each time we win a title, to see happy faces because this is the second title that we have celebrated with expresions and moods that do not fit in with winning the Liga.
I ask that you show respect for the millions of our fans and that you act like grown ups once and for all. Finally remember this, take it as you like. In this club I'm the boss, not the players!"

At half past four Florentino, valdano and the directors left the restaurant. A little later they were followed by Ronaldo, then Mcmanaman with Robbie Fowler. The players had decided to go to the celebrations after an hour of debating.

(steve d adds: Fowler was over as guest - McManaman was later to have a bust up with his wife and miss the traditional celebrations no doubt over the fact that his old drinking companion from Liverpool was over).

Florentino had breakfast with xxxx on Monday morning at eleven thirty - he told xxxx, off the record, that "Hierro has opened his mouth for the last time..." and that "we need someone who can kick them (the players) up the arse from time
to time..."

As reported in the press the only candidate atm is the 2nd coach at Man Yoo - that's one of the reasons why Figo was called into the Board meeting - Figo is pals with Quieros and the club want him to be an intermediary. Figo was also
told to buck up and it was made clear that he was not untouchable.

More later .....

..... an addendum. Wenger was offered the post a number of weeks back at the
infamous Paris meeting but was rejected after he demanded (rather than asked) for more power at Madrid. If he changed his stance the job would be his in one
phone call.
Real Madrid Just got better....or worse?;)

Sep 28, 2002
whow

either someone's got a really good fantasy, or..

or this this true. i would like to believe so.

lesson to all of you, do not sell del piero, do not destabilse team from the inside. real will play like barca next season.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++
I'm copying this from XT real madrid forum....

Real Madrid Just got better....or worse?;)
Thanks a lot aca, that is easily the best football article that I have ever seen!:extatic:. Talking about quite off the public chairman...I must give Perez :kiss: for doing splendid job. Should we try Raul?;):p

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
look, i can not vouch that this is 100 % true, as i said, i just copied something someone else posted ;)

but something is going on in the background in Madrid. Will they manage to cover it and keep the stability in the team is a big question.

My guess is that they'll pull it off. Too many interests are involved...

...and next year, i believe, Real has an election for the president..;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Wow,, i friend of mine (madrid´s fan), told me the incidents about the cibeles fountain,,but she said that the whole problem was too long tu talk in the chat,,,,so in a couple hours she will make a phone call to me and tell the the whole thing.

This artccle could be true with no doubt.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
From soccer (gossip :D) Age

Hierro Booted Out Of Madrid After Party Celebrations Turn Sour

06/24/2003. Real Madrid's decision to release their captain Fernando Hierro doesn't appear to be down to footballing reasons, but due to a bust-up with director of sport Jorge Valdano.

It was announced last night that Hierro, as well as manager Vicente Del Bosque, would be leaving the Spanish giants.

The veteran Spanish defender has widely been criticised for some of his performances this season and the general consensus has been that he needs to be replaced, however it was believed that he'd be staying at the Bernabeu, possible for the next two seasons.

However, when Real were supposed to celebrating their 29th league title cracks began forming between the players and management at the biggest football club in the World.

Reports have claimed that Hierro was instigating a players revolt after becoming increasingly disillusioned with the clubs treatment of some of their players, namely Fernando Morientes and Guti, who have both suffered as a result of President Florentino Perez's lavish spending in the transfer market.

Relations between Hierro and Valdano are understood to have also been tense for some time, but the pressure-cooker atmosphere at the Bernabeu on Sunday evening saw the problems reach boiling point.

Hierro, who as captain represented the players during their celebrations, repeatedly clashed with Valdano throughout the evening, as he tried to ensue the club undertook their traditional post-championship rituals.

Perez, unhappy at the gloomy atmosphere on what should have been a glorious night, consequently decided to end Hierro's glorious career at Madrid prematurely, presumably in order to remove what he felt to be the root of the ill feeling in the camp, but surely has only made matters worse?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Something did happen, cos the bust up was caught live on radio as per other thread in the Transfer Talk forum.

I really hope this bust up happened, not cos I odn't like RM or anything, but cos it could pave the way for Raul our of Madrid ;)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Something did happen, cos the bust up was caught live on radio as per other thread in the Transfer Talk forum.

I really hope this bust up happened, not cos I odn't like RM or anything, but cos it could pave the way for Raul our of Madrid ;)
Raul, Alex, Nedved attacking trio,:eek:, move out of our way!:D. Realistically though, I can't see Perez selling Raul under what circumstance even if the burst up happened. He knows there is a election next year, and selling Raul would be unforgivable sin in the eyes of Real supporters, and would easily wipe out and add much more damage to his election campaign than positives he gamed from his coup of buying Beckam.
Nonetheless, it is nice dream to have. I, too, am dreaming right now.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)