Da Vinci Code (1 Viewer)

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Seven said:
IIRC he stated on the first page that everything that would follow was the truth. I might not remember correctly though.

Anyway, the book sucks. It's as simple as that. But you *don't* want to touch the Bernini mystery. It's supposed to be a difficult whodunnit, but I knew who did 250 pages before the ending. Boy, did it suck realising I was right, I lost an entire day.
That's my point
Actually he said that he did a investigation about Jesus, and his "family"

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #42
    Seven said:
    IIRC he stated on the first page that everything that would follow was the truth. I might not remember correctly though.
    But who would actually believe that? :confused2

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    Sadly the book didn't contain one single original idea, and, it was poorly writen as well...I don't have high hopes for the movie...and Martin, I like your avatar...it's magic

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Roverbhoy said:
    Sadly the book didn't contain one single original idea, and, it was poorly writen as well...I don't have high hopes for the movie...and Martin, I like your avatar...it's magic
    Did you notice that at certain places that paragraphs has been repeated?
    Did you notice that in a certain way, he got paid for the number of words he has written?

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    Jeeks said:
    Did you notice that in a certain way, he got paid for the number of words he has written?

...hehe...about fifty grand a word at the latest count...

but yeah...it was a materclass in the art of rehashing other peoples concepts, creating a scenario in which to bring everything together, and sitting back and watching the big bucks roll in...and I say good luck to him, wish it was me.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Roverbhoy said:
    fair play to the man i say... A guy who cant write, has little imagination but has created a worldwide phenomenon and made a fortune... well done to him

Whilst the book was trash ( though it is in the fiction section and doesnt pretend to be a literary work of art)... I quite enjoyed the film... unfortunately it is round the wrong way, in that it slows in the second half rather than the slow start and exciting ending... But in my mind it is an interesting subject and holds out ok...

Its not great but reasonably decent... tom hanks makes you wonder all over again how he ever won oscars... but bettany and mac were great...

I'd recommend it

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    Respaul said:
    ...but bettany and mac were great...
    Bettany rocks...great talent...what was that brit film he was in again... Gangster Nr one?...he scared the bejezuz out of me in that one...and Mackellan, a true master

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Roverbhoy said:
    Bettany rocks...great talent...what was that brit film he was in again... Gangster Nr one?...he scared the bejezuz out of me in that one...and Mackellan, a true master
    Yeah.. 'gangster number 1' ... Fine film indeed

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #51
    Roverbhoy said:
    The question is what will they come up with for the sequel? ;)

We'll need all the magic we can get to go past the group stage.. :lazy:

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    Martin said:
    The question is what will they come up with for the sequel? ;):

Pick any six conspiracy theories, any three euro capitals, drink three quarters of a bottle of whisky, and start writting:agree:

Martin said:
    We'll need all the magic we can get to go past the group stage.. :lazy:
    ...He's the man...I think he'll have a great WC...some of his goals for Celtic this year were superb:D

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    I didnt find it bad, it was a good movie, had me wondering what was going to happend all the time (I didnt read the book)

Now, the movie is good but only if you go and watch it like it is, just a movie, if you go and want to watch some "revelation" movie, then you are gonna get dissapointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)