Da Vinci Code (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
I thought the movie was boring and if it were up to me I would have left the cinema.

On the other hand though, I didn't quite follow what was going on. Ignorance.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I was yesterday in the cinema, the film was Ok.. they have changed some details from the book.. my question is: Is sauniere the grandpa of sophie or not??

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
mikhail said:
The film got laughed at in Cannes, and the critics' concensus seems to be "boring".

it's too long... The build up was great and took a great portion of the movie's length, so the director had to wrap it up in a similar way.. but unfortunatly the wrapping up wasn't as exciting or grasping as the begining.. you can almost feel that this movie can be divided into two..

Sophie was the weakest link in my opinion ... there are lots of french actresses out there who could've done it better....

i've seen Tom Hanks in better movies.. this wasnt his best...

the best im my opinion was Ian Mc, who looked focused and more into the movie... the guy who played Salis was good as well.. he added another dimention to movie.. without him the movie could've been even worse.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
all i no is i seen the movie and it was great...........i like it, then again if your not fimilar with the bible or dont have any knowledge of it you will be kind of lost.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
I hate this movie, I hate the book, I hate Dan Brown for beeing a pathetic writer who take a adventage about the ignorance of the people who doesn't read about this "darks" and "secret facts" of Jesus.
Personally I'm not going to watch this movie.
Some friends told me that's a "good fiction movie".

Jan 7, 2004
Black&White. said:
I hate this movie, I hate the book, I hate Dan Brown for beeing a pathetic writer who take a adventage about the ignorance of the people who doesn't read about this "darks" and "secret facts" of Jesus.

this book has brought a funny side about religious people. :toast:

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #37
    Black&White. said:
    So why not watch it on the premise that it is fiction? I haven't read the book, but from what I know about it, there's nothing in there claiming to be truthful, it's all made up. I certainly would never take it for a fact.

Not that I take religion and Jesus Christ for a fact either, but that's a separate issue.

Stickyicky

May 19, 2006
    It was really interesting, if you haven't read the book you will probably enjoy it. It's a good film but it has it's flaws and it's far from a masterpiece. The storytelling leaves much to be wanted and Tom Hanks acting is really terrible at times, i know that sounds as the popular thing to say these days but it's true.

Despite the many flaws this film has, Paul Bettany's interpretation of Silas alone is worth the money. The humor is another reason to go see it. The funniest scene in the whole film is when Sir Leigh Teabing(Ian Mckellan) is exiting his private jet with an armada of cops waiting outside, he exits and a cop steps forward and Leigh says in a cheery friendly voice " Oh good morning! did that old cannabis charge finnaly catch up with me?" That's classic.

I'd go see it if you're in a mood for an interesting film, just don't expect a masterpiece.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
    i saw it and thought it was pretty good but the most astounding thing is untill i read this thread i did not know that tom hanks was actually in the movie.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Martin said:
    So why not watch it on the premise that it is fiction? I haven't read the book, but from what I know about it, there's nothing in there claiming to be truthful, it's all made up. I certainly would never take it for a fact.

Not that I take religion and Jesus Christ for a fact either, but that's a separate issue.
    IIRC he stated on the first page that everything that would follow was the truth. I might not remember correctly though.

Anyway, the book sucks. It's as simple as that. But you *don't* want to touch the Bernini mystery. It's supposed to be a difficult whodunnit, but I knew who did 250 pages before the ending. Boy, did it suck realising I was right, I lost an entire day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)