Da Vinci Code (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The book or the movie?

The book can be read in two days without actually feeling that you read a book. You would probably forget all about it in a matter of a month or two.

Considering how trivial the book is, I am not encouraged to see the movie. I am waiting until the decent DVD rips come out and I'd be happy watching it on my 15" screen.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #4
    Jeeks: the movie. I don't intend to read the book, in fact I rarely read anything very popular (except juventuz forums harhar), usually when something is very popular it's a clear sign that it's not my thing. But I will *consider* watching the movie. I have no interest in Lord of the rings but I saw all the movies so that I know what it is more or less. But the Da Vinci Code plot and all I actually find quite interesting, I've read books on the subject before. Now I'm wondering if the movie is any good.

Erik: 10-4

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Oh, I see. Then watch the movie, I am sure one can spend some time without getting bored.

Lord of the rings :sigh: I want those hours of my life back.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #6
    Jeeks said:
    Oh, I see. Then watch the movie, I am sure one can spend some time without getting bored.
    But you haven't seen it? So you don't know if it's good? :biggrin: That's what I'm curious about..

Jeeks said:
    Lord of the rings :sigh: I want those hours of my life back.
    It was like watching a long animation, which was very well done. I think that's what I enjoyed the most about it, the landscapes, the buildings, the scenery. Also the music was suitable and enjoyable.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Martin said:
    But you haven't seen it? So you don't know if it's good? :biggrin: That's what I'm curious about..
    But I have read the book, so I can imagine how will the movie be.

Martin said:
    It was like watching a long animation, which was very well done. I think that's what I enjoyed the most about it, the landscapes, the buildings, the scenery. Also the music was suitable and enjoyable.
    I agree with that, but this is too long for a New Zealand travel documentary.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #8
    Jeeks said:
    I agree with that, but this is too long for a New Zealand travel documentary.
    :howler:

I think you got the wrong idea, what you saw there was not actually New Zealand, it was artificial :D

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
    Its a very very bad movie acording to the critics from the Cannes Festival. To make the story short, they tell you that don't waste your time and money seeing it, because its really bad. Some friends told me that they left the movie theater at the middle of the movie because they were very bored :lol:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    i saw the film last night and have to saw it was superb. There haven't been many good films over the last couple of years but i really enjoyed this one.

I had only read the first few chapters of the book (i hate reading) so it was enjoyable to watch what i had read, but also was fantastic to see how the story ends for the very first time.

Its obvious people are going to say "its not as good as the book" because everyone says this when a book becomes a film and all the hype.

But IMO, it is a great story and so makes no difference how the story is told book or film it is still enjoyable.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Sadomin said:
    I loved the book, but I too have heard the movie's really bad. I'm glad to read your opinions Boksic, at least there's some hope.
    If you loved the book, I'm sure you won't be critical towards the film either :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)