Cristiano Zanetti (6 Viewers)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Agent confirms Zanetti-Viola deal Monday 10 August, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristiano Zanetti's agent has confirmed the Juventus midfielder is heading to Fiorentina on a three-year contract.

“Fiorentina have got him,” said Carlo Pallavicino on violanews. “The two clubs have an agreement, so does the player.

“I can say this is a good signing for the Tuscans, seeing as I am certain Cristiano is 100 per cent fit and can give a big hand to the Viola.”

It is believed Juventus will receive £1.5m for the 32-year-old and the transfer will be completed later today.

Zanetti started his career in Tuscany and makes his return here, accepting a large pay cut from his current £2m wages at Juve.

Reports state he'll sign a three-year contract worth just £1m per season and will be registered for the Champions League preliminary round against Sporting Lisbon.

Other newspaper claims in La Nazione suggest a pay-as-you-play contract linked to the number of appearances he makes for the Viola.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
imo selling old players while you can make some money is good way to gain our financial power back. we are in difficult situation so we should make our moves careful. after the disastrous 2007/2008 mercato, new mistakes can't be affordable. so selling players like Mellberg and Zanetti is understandable.unless they are legends(Pessotto,Ferrara,Camo..) every player could be sold before their contract expire.
Are you trying to tell us that we should be careful not to do what Milan did (not getting rid of old wood like Dida, Serginho, Cafu etc on time), which resulted with Milan finding themselves pennyless because all the money they had went for the wages of these old players? In the end Milan had to sell the best player.

I must say that you have a point if that's what you're telling us.

Oh, and Gago is a pussier version of Tiago. I don't like the guy at all.

pavelnedy

Juvetus Lover
Oct 26, 2008
Pay 2.5m for CZ?Just great.
Remember that Merda got lucio by 3m.lucio is 78,and he was great( well I didn't see Bayern's full match.Just saw some posts about him)at Bundesliga.But CZ's last season was just terrbile,and he is injury prone.
Good job Secco.

Except he didn't sell poulsen.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
This is a fucking joke that we're selling Zanetti.

And I just have to say this, anyone who rates Gago needs to retire from this forum. The single most annoying and useless fake ass aliby player my eyes have ever seen. A poser that walks around in midfield and does nothing but ship the ball sideways. Don't believe the hype.

May 22, 2007
And I just have to say this, anyone who rates Gago needs to retire from this forum. The single most annoying and useless fake ass aliby player my eyes have ever seen. A poser that walks around in midfield and does nothing but ship the ball sideways. Don't believe the hype.
And he's a pussy. Keep all that Real Madrid leftover shit away from us, we can do a lot better.

Let's see more of Marrone.

Oh if Zanetti goes, best memories are his goal vs Atalanta and his assists for Del Piero vs Lazio 07/08. Good times.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Fuck, I don't like how every season we are replacing two midfielders. Zanetti might be old and in his last year of contract, but still he offer us something that none of our midfielders can offer. Plus I don't buy story that after we sell Zanetti we gonna buy another MF, if we do that (and I'm sure we wont) than would have proof that we have dumbest managment, and all good work that they had done in recent months would mean nothing.

All in all I'm really sad that Zanetti is leaving, I really like the guy and think that hi si highly underrated.

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
guys, stop taking this subprime zanetti-deal as a reason to smash our whole summer mercato. of course there are some spots, mainly lb, that need to be taken care of but our team is not as bad as some people here want to make it.

First of all, i wouldn't have wanted zanetti to be sold. But i can understand why we did it. Zanetti is 32 years old, has only played 14 matches last season, mostly due to injury issues, and his contract will expire next season. Add to that a stubborn poulsen, who doesn't want to accept a smaller club and his ability to play almost the same position.

If you had seen Poulsen from his Bundesliga or La Liga days i am sure you all would not want him to leave our club. Plus we can't sell him now for a reasonable sum, so why not give him another season to try to shine and eventually raise his worth?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
guys, stop taking this subprime zanetti-deal as a reason to smash our whole summer mercato. of course there are some spots, mainly lb, that need to be taken care of but our team is not as bad as some people here want to make it.

First of all, i wouldn't have wanted zanetti to be sold. But i can understand why we did it. Zanetti is 32 years old, has only played 14 matches last season, mostly due to injury issues, and his contract will expire next season. Add to that a stubborn poulsen, who doesn't want to accept a smaller club and his ability to play almost the same position.

If you had seen Poulsen from his Bundesliga or La Liga days i am sure you all would not want him to leave our club. Plus we can't sell him now for a reasonable sum, so why not give him another season to try to shine and eventually raise his worth?
+rep excellent post

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
One funny aspect of this is that Viola are turning into our dumpster. What's less funny is that they are getting a fine player in Zanetti.

Nov 1, 2002
Fuck, I don't like how every season we are replacing two midfielders. Zanetti might be old and in his last year of contract, but still he offer us something that none of our midfielders can offer. Plus I don't buy story that after we sell Zanetti we gonna buy another MF, if we do that (and I'm sure we wont) than would have proof that we have dumbest managment, and all good work that they had done in recent months would mean nothing.

All in all I'm really sad that Zanetti is leaving, I really like the guy and think that hi si highly underrated.
yes hes surely highly underrated and its really sad to see him leave

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Me neither (the only reason I haven't ordered his jersey yet, in fact).

Sali take the 6, and Diego take the 7, pleez.

PS I literally never played Zanetti in PES lol

engireman

May 26, 2009
it is sad to see Zanetti's leaving, who has given us everything of him. I think that prices of CZ's clause's too low which has always given to Fiorentina some invisible bargaining power. CZ refused from Bayern offer 1 season ago, who wanted to stay Juve for longer and expect contract extention.
Is it real that Secco is a fan of Fiorentina, which I read somewhere from web, when he sold Mutu to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)