Cristiano Zanetti (12 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sad to see him go, his passing and long range shooting was great to watch. However if him leaving opens up an opportunity for another kid like Marrone to act as a backup then I am for it. Zanetti has been deteriorating physically for a couple of years now and I think we need three more mobile players in the midfield trio, although he could have adequately replaced Felipe Melo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ah well...if Poulsen stayed because he wants to play top football then he has to show that he can do that (I know he can but it's up to him now).

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Compared to last season? I don't think Zanetti makes up for the loss of Melo.
Not a huge upgrade compared to last season obviously. I mean an upgrade to their current team (so without Melo).
Thanks to the money we paid them they could have gotten a lot of players to replace Melo, Zanetti is just about the best possible one if you ask me.
Imo, Zanetti could even make up for the loss of Melo completely (short term thinking obviously).

Maybe, I'm underrating Melo here, but from what I've seen (mostly Viola games, very few Brazil ones), us replacing Zanetti with Melo (which is how it turned out) is just throwing away a lot money that could have been spent more wisely. We could have easily gotten rid of Zanetti before next season & then replace him with a new mid.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I'm disappointed we're selling Zanetti, but if you look at it from a business perspective it makes sense, and football is a business.

We sold Zanetti cause he has 5 million euros a year as wages(incl. taxes), and while poulsen may have higher wages, he is injured less and also younger.

Also by selling Zanetti we are making a 2.5 million profit, as we signed him on a free transfer, while for us to make the same profit from Poulsen he would have to either have a great season, or for Man city to be interested.

All in all its the best deal from the club's perspective, while for fans, it isn't

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Here it is again, so you guys will finally stop moaning :

"I told [Juve coach] Ciro Ferrara that I couldn't say no to Fiorentina. I'm delighted to return to Florence."
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=871200.html
-----------------------------------------
It was his decision. He even accepted a big pay-cut in order to go to Fiorentina.

I don't blame Zanetti. He obviously wanted regular playing time and no way he could have that guaranteed in Juve. He could have chosen to sit on the bench, play from time to time, and earn double more money in Juve, but his wish is to play.

No blame for the management and Ferrara either. What were they supposed to do if Zanetti himself wanted to leave? They couldn't guarantee a starting XI spot to him and they surely couldn't offer him a pay-rise in order to convince him to stay.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Here it is again, so you guys will finally stop moaning :

"I told [Juve coach] Ciro Ferrara that I couldn't say no to Fiorentina. I'm delighted to return to Florence."
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=871200.html
-----------------------------------------
It was his decision. He even accepted a big pay-cut in order to go to Fiorentina.

I don't blame Zanetti. He obviously wanted regular playing time and no way he could have that guaranteed in Juve. He could have chosen to sit on the bench, play from time to time, and earn double more money in Juve, but his wish is to play.

No blame for the management and Ferrara either. What were they supposed to do if Zanetti himself wanted to leave? They couldn't guarantee a starting XI spot to him and they surely couldn't offer him a pay-rise in order to convince him to stay.
It's not that he wanted to leave, he got a good offer and accepted it. I mean he never was a first team player anyway since day one, he stuck with us at the worst times.

This case can't be blamed to the board, even he is much better than Tiago, Almiron and Poulsen, we let the wrong guy to go. I don't know, maybe if Ferrara had told him that his is a very important player for his team, maybe he didn't try to stop him leave or change his mind, in both cases, I don't blame Ciro, it's his decision to build the team he wants and to trust on the players he wants..

I wonder what we will do with this trio, Tiago Poulsen and Almiron, first two are high earners don't know about Almiron, and non of them except Tiago maybe are part of our plans, this is a one shitty situation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)