Cristiano Zanetti (6 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
A very good mercato is now a so so, selling our only midfielder who has performed well over the last 2 season and now relying on a new buy, a flop last season and a flop the season before to run our team is very worrying.

Our board showed how weak they are, they couldn't sell a player so they sell another player which will be in the first team, the only midfielder we can rely on and of all places to sell him to they sell him to Fiorentina, who ripped us a new asshole with the Melo transfer and we give them Zanetti for nothing.

By the end of the month there better be a new right back and left back, our team has only improved in one area and the areas where we need help shit all has happened, everything was going so well until yesterday :cry:
How can you say he's performed well over the last two seasons? Last season we barely saw him and when we did, he was merely a shadow of his best.

As much as I like Zanetti and appreciate his contribution on and off the pitch, he's old, injury prone and his contract runs out next year. Cash in.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
well it's a stupid move in the end, Melo gets suspended alot, the guy picks up yellow cards like their nothing. Zanetti with his long-balls and good vision/reading the game is which we actually need as backup.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
How can you say he's performed well over the last two seasons? Last season we barely saw him and when we did, he was merely a shadow of his best.

As much as I like Zanetti and appreciate his contribution on and off the pitch, he's old, injury prone and his contract runs out next year. Cash in.
my thoughts exactly..ppl here are just getting emotional cuz hes been a loyal servant for 3 yrs

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Why not?Palombo is real beast and hardworker for his team Sampdoria.He has 10 games for Italy and is future project of Lippi team.He reminds me with his fighting spirit like Gattuso and Edga Davids play.
I agree, he's a pretty sold CM...but honestly, no more MFs, it will be really pathetic if we don't look sign to fullbacks now

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Why not?Palombo is real beast and hardworker for his team Sampdoria.He has 10 games for Italy and is future project of Lippi team.He reminds me with his fighting spirit like Gattuso and Edga Davids play.
Why not? Where exactly would we play him? He'd cost us too much and would be nothing more than a reserve.

Aug 7, 2009

follow your way of thinking, you expect treze leave turin thim summer, don't you??

Geof

May 14, 2004
I'm a bit disappointed as I really liked Zanetti. That said, it's probably to sell him before the end of his contract. He's not getting any younger and last season he was quite average and injured the whole time. He was brilliant two years ago, but it's not evident he would find his old form back.

With Diego, our passing game will be less relying on the deeper mids à la Zanetti. We also have Melo who is a decent passer back there and, who knows, Tiago might pull a Phoenix and arise from his aches. We may also look at buying a new player, but I doubt that would happen (unless we can steal D'Ago in a late August hold-up situation).

Dec 31, 2008
i heard is Secco currently in spain to look possibility to bring Gago to Turin..
isfir
Gago..hmmm. any young pleayer who is cheap and will be satisfied with the bench will do, because we have Momo, Marchisio, Tiago as CM's. But an LB shud be affirmed cuz that is the weakest link in the team

Aug 7, 2009
I'm a bit disappointed as I really liked Zanetti. That said, it's probably to sell him before the end of his contract. He's not getting any younger and last season he was quite average and injured the whole time. He was brilliant two years ago, but it's not evident he would find his old form back.

With Diego, our passing game will be less relying on the deeper mids à la Zanetti. We also have Melo who is a decent passer back there and, who knows, Tiago might pull a Phoenix and arise from his aches. We may also look at buying a new player, but I doubt that would happen (unless we can steal D'Ago in a late August hold-up situation).
looks like secco prefer Gago, he is curenttly at Spain

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I really like Zanetti, don't forget he stayed with in Serie B and I for one will not forget that. Then he follows that with a wonderful season, shame injuries didn't allow him to play more last season.

Its probably best to cash in now, but we need to see where the money will be invested if it will at all. Could be that Poulsen will have a bigger role or even Marchisio.

All the best to good old CZ even though he is going to that team.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Fair well to CZ, he was a loyal servant, he came in from our arc-ivals and gave his all.
RESPECT for that, and respect for being one of our best players in our darkest hours!! (shame that too little Juve fans still remember that)
I thought that he will end his carrier with us and maybe win a tittle.
It is really sad to see him go like that!

CZ has proved times and times again that he is a very useful player
and we ought to respect him more!
He is a very balanced character and player and never caused any problems,
generally he is very reliable too. Last season he was haunted by injuries and thats why he wasnt able to offer that much. But this was probably an exception!

Lets consider our situation:
-Secco cant sell a player for more than 2.5 mil
-CZ is old, had his worst year last year and his contract is about to expire
-We are in a crusade to help Fiorentina to become as much competitive as we can.
Every year we gift them players for peanuts or nothing (Mutu, Balza, Almiron)
and help them with insane amounts of cash (25 freakin mil for Melo)
-CZ is coming closer to reach retirement age.
-None of the stupid teams who can afford Tiago-Almiron-Poulsen is stupid enough to pay for their transfer and salary, as we did for them :shifty:
and the smaller clubs cant afford or tempt them!
They would rather stay here as sub and collect his nice salary than work his @ss of in a club of their class...
-Poulsen is much younger than CZ.

=> We are turning Poulsen into the new CZ.
Last in the pecking order and since he has decided to stay, he is ok with that!
We will use him as a strategic squad/back up player for many years to come.
We had far too many MFs and should offload some and since Secco is incompetent to make a solid profit. CZ was the finest choice to be sacrificed for the maximum amount Secco can get us (2.5 mil)

The rumors that we are looking for new DMs are completely ridiculous,
insane i may add!!
We already have Camo, Melo, Sissoko and Marchisio, Poulsen, Tiago and Almiron
7 players for 3 positions is more than enough! And they are all young enough to last 4-5 years.
Actually we should sell Almiron too (2.5 mil would be my guess:cry: )
We should only consider a new MF only AFTER selling at least TWO of our MFs.
Not loan, SELL!!! (or after Camo retires)

We are DONE with the midfield acquisition for next 2-4 ears!!
Time to invest on the freakin defense, before our forwards start retiring...

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
id like it if secco tried to get banega on loan form valencia

he was a promising youngster 2-3 yrs ago,wonder if he could live up to the hype if we gave him the chance

but our defence needs drastic attention adn should be addressed before another midfielder arrives

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)