Cristiano Zanetti (4 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Our silent warrior...

----------------------------------------------------

Cristiano Zanetti is turning into one of the best bargains for Juventus in recent years.

The midfielder arrived in Turin from Inter on a free transfer in 2006 and after helping the Old Lady back up from Serie B last season, the 30-year-old has been one of the mainstays of coach Claudio Ranieri's side.

The Italy international's assured and disciplined displays in the centre of the pitch has meant that big-money signings Sergio Almiron and Tiago Mendes have played no more than bit parts in the Bianconeri's climb up to third in the table.

Zanetti may lack the guile and skill of his two team-mates but he takes it as a compliment that he is now considered the heart and soul of the team.

He said: "I get on with my job for the team but I don't consider that I have a heavy touch on the ball.

"Maybe I have been a bit penalised because I am a reserved character and don't have my picture in the papers or appear on television
."

Having already won a league title with AS Roma in 2001, as well as turning out for Inter, the tough-tackling number six believes that David Trezeguet and Ronaldo are the best he has ever played alongside.

He added: "David is an incredible striker, he is a no-frills player. I have never seen a goal-finisher like him."

foxsports

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What a player.

To me he's becoming one of the best players in Italy in his position....and he should be included in the NT. If he isn't called up then I don't know who should be called up.

Dec 6, 2007
Soccer in italy is all politics when taking players for the NT..Donadoni was always heavly critized about the players he would bring up...example would have been DP, Barzagli during the scottish game and many more..That how Italy was always..say if Donadoni picked an average player like morfeo or an older striker like chiesa the media would have a fit..But, donadoni has proven them wrong..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)