Cristiano Ronaldo (97 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It isn't. And it definitely isn't, when this was your only child or a second child. But having several other children does matter quite a lot. I'm not saying it isn't bad. Of course people will grieve a stillborn child. But if you have four or five living children, you are still mostly very much a blessed man.
People just like to attack me man :D

Glad you know what I meant.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It isn't. And it definitely isn't, when this was your only child or a second child. But having several other children does matter quite a lot. I'm not saying it isn't bad. Of course people will grieve a stillborn child. But if you have four or five living children, you are still mostly very much a blessed man.
Not everyone is the same though. History is littered with people who seemed to have it all and ended up committing suicide.

People obsess on different things, and not everyone has a balanced sense of gratitude or privilege. You just never know.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not everyone is the same though. History is littered with people who seemed to have it all and ended up committing suicide.

People obsess on different things, and not everyone has a balanced sense of gratitude or privilege. You just never know.

That might be true, but everyone goes through rough patches in their life. It happens to the grocer next door and it also happens to Cristiano Ronaldo. It doesn't justify Ronaldo's behaviour. And Ronaldo is in the unique position of being able to walk away from his job at any point in time and enjoy life without ever having to work again. If he needs to deal with his grief, he can. If he lacks a balanced sense of gratitude or privilege, he might not see it that way. But that would only make it worse. Ronaldo is 37, not 21.

He went through something awful and he has all my sympathy. It just doesn't excuse his bullshit.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I've worked with cancer patients and those talking about 'getting over' these types of things, are oblivious. Until you've experienced it, you'll never know because logic doesn't apply with such strong emotions. My friend lost his first child, he was alive for less than an hour. He has kids now but 10 years after that loss, he cries for his son. Just be happy that it hasn't happened to you.

Ronaldo's tears when Portugal were eliminated, was that for his deceased child too? Nobody knows but him. Messi's live outburst against the Dutch was a bigger issue given the kids that idolise him, but yeah, kick Ronaldo because he's vulnerable.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I've worked with cancer patients and those talking about 'getting over' these types of things, are oblivious. Until you've experienced it, you'll never know because logic doesn't apply with such strong emotions. My friend lost his first child, he was alive for less than an hour. He has kids now but 10 years after that loss, he cries for his son. Just be happy that it hasn't happened to you.

Ronaldo's tears when Portugal were eliminated, was that for his deceased child too? Nobody knows but him. Messi's live outburst against the Dutch was a bigger issue given the kids that idolise him, but yeah, kick Ronaldo because he's vulnerable.
No one said anything about "getting over it". That's not how grief works.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But the main point that got us here is that Ronaldo cried because he lost a game. Boo hoo. He'll be fine. Grow up. Put some big boy pants on.

Very easy for us to say. When you dedicate your life and identity the way he has, that's everything about you and everything you put into it. I'm a lot more diversified in my values and interests, but Ronaldo is a pretty singular example. He certainly had to mentally will and discipline himself there more than Messi, who always seemed to have more natural gifts without the ridiculous mental and sacrificial sculpting that Ronaldo put himself through.

So the end of football for him could seem like the end of life as he knows it. We can tease him about his greedy billions, but he's probably not thinking about his bank account when his career desire to win a WC goes down the toilet in a moment.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
But the main point that got us here is that Ronaldo cried because he lost a game. Boo hoo. He'll be fine. Grow up. Put some big boy pants on.

Very easy for us to say. When you dedicate your life and identity the way he has, that's everything about you and everything you put into it. I'm a lot more diversified in my values and interests, but Ronaldo is a pretty singular example. He certainly had to mentally will and discipline himself there more than Messi, who always seemed to have more natural gifts without the ridiculous mental and sacrificial sculpting that Ronaldo put himself through.

So the end of football for him could seem like the end of life as he knows it. We can tease him about his greedy billions, but he's probably not thinking about his bank account when his career desire to win a WC goes down the toilet in a moment.
I have no doubt that Ronaldo will struggle to come to terms with the end of his football career. You rightly say that football is his life. He will need some time to find a new purpose.

All of this is complicated exactly because Ronaldo lacks perspective. The entire reason he became the monster that he was, is that he looked at it as being everything in life.

So I feel for him. I do. But at the same time you can't excuse his behaviour, because of who he is. Who he is needs to change.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The way people have completely turned on him is pretty ridiculous though. Its all amplified by the absolute faggotry surrounding the Messi vs Ronaldo debate.
That I definitely agree with.

Ronaldo has been a great player and actually a great professional throughout his career. Yes, he did fuck up this season. But who never fucks up? We'd all do well to show a bit of clemency.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
That I definitely agree with.

Ronaldo has been a great player and actually a great professional throughout his career. Yes, he did fuck up this season. But who never fucks up? We'd all do well to show a bit of clemency.
Especially people saying he shouldn't play for Portugal again Etc. That's fucked, he has absolutely carried that team for so long. Messi is probably having his best tournament for his national team ever but has been tremendously helped by vsing supbar national teams and a penalty a game. Not to downplay how much of an amazing player he is though. But it's all crap goat this, goat that, sick of hearing it. There's been times where Messi has done nothing and Ronaldo has dominated and vice versa.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
sadly not anymore, he was for a time tho.
From 2009, he was never a better player than Messi. Very unfortunate for him to be in the same era as Messi but he made it a very intense rivalry and did very well to drag himself into the same conversation with Messi.

However Messi's talent just makes it impossible for Ronaldo to compete with. There is no amount of hard work that can make you that good just have to be born with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)