Cristiano Ronaldo (192 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Who's the real goat ?

Messi ? I understand, if you say someone else you're being nostalgic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not Messi either. So, if I choose to pick a player from another era, then I'm being nostalgic. It has to be either Messi or Ronaldo. Just wow. So much for logic and free will. My favorite players are Baggio and Zidane. My GOAT is Maradona. However, I can also understand people who choose Pele, Cruyff, the original Ronaldo, or Messi and CR7.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Not Messi either. So, if I choose to pick a player from another era, then I'm being nostalgic. It has to be either Messi or Ronaldo. Just wow. So much for logic and free will. My favorite players are Baggio and Zidane. My GOAT is Maradona. However, I can also understand people who choose Pele, Cruyff, the original Ronaldo, or Messi and CR7.
Messi and CR7 are Lebron doppelgangers. Nostalgia goggles off.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I was hoping you would say Dybala just to make half of the forum really mad.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
It's logical to think somone as a goat if he has won 7 ballon do'r (Messi) or he is/was best player in the history of champions league (CR7) , that's totally logical.

It doesn't matter who's your favorite,i used to love Sissoko but i don't say/think he was world class .

I've never seen Pele,Cruyff,Maradona .

But there is no single doubt , CR7,Messi are way way way better than Zizu,R9 .

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
There is no such thing as a GOAT player, can't compare by goals, only categorically... otherwise you are mixing up popularity with functionality.
"Ballon Dor" is for people who witness football as an event without understanding it.
If we are comparing by category then R9 at his peak shits all over CR7 as a pure attacking threat/talent.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Yeah , Messi didn't deserve his last one , also CR7 should've won back in 2018 , but you can't deny these 2 were absolutely the best last 15 years .

- - - Updated - - -

There is no such thing as a GOAT player, can't compare by goals, only categorically... otherwise you are mixing up popularity with functionality.
"Ballon Dor" is for people who witness football as an event without understanding it.
If we are comparing by category then R9 at his peak shits all over CR7 as a pure attacking threat/talent.
another myth :lol: , can you tell me when was his peak ? and pls don't blame on his injuries .

R9 only once scored more than 30 goals in his whole career (league goals) while playing for Barca , on his best season while he was playing for Inter he scored 25 goals , on his 2nd season he scored 14 .

While he was playing for Madrid he scored about 20 goals per season .

Just becasue he knew how to dribble , he doesn't even come close to CR7 .

And i don't even want to talk about their performance on champions league , R9 looks like some average guy compared to CR7 .

Last edited:

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
It's logical to think somone as a goat if he has won 7 ballon do'r (Messi) or he is/was best player in the history of champions league (CR7) , that's totally logical.

I've never seen Pele,Cruyff,Maradona .
You missed out.

My father still play his videocasette of the 86 victory. One of the most legendary tournament performances in sport history.

- - - Updated - - -

easily too, but stats are what people will focus on in these debates and therefore R9 loses

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I blame millennials for this GOAT nonsense. It should be abolished for cultural stupidity and ignorance.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
You missed out.

My father still play his videocasette of the 86 victory. One of the most legendary tournament performances in sport history.

easily too, but stats are what people will focus on in these debates and therefore R9 loses
Maradona is famous because he won the world cup , as i already said i didn't watch him (i'm 30 y old) , but according to wikipedia he never scored more than 16 goals while playing in Europe .

Ofc people should focus on stats , numbers don't lie , there is no chance some average guy scored 30+ goals per season every year , CR7/Messi did that .

But people are nostalgic , whenever we talk about RB alot of guys think Caffu , but Dani Alves is way better than him .

And this doesn't have nothing to do with "old era" and "modern football" i mean everyone think Buffon/Casillas/Neuer are the best GKs ever , i've never seen somone telling me some random GK from 80-90s era was the best , only Lev Yashin was mentioned .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 167)