Cristiano Ronaldo (55 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
How so? No replacement or reinvestment of the money has been made, so that sounds like a very biased opinion. Right now we are a winner and 30 goals less, with a window closing in 3 days.
A 30-goal player less, not 30 goals less. It's not like we play with 10 men next season.

Don't believe me look at our goal tally every season. But it's true that you have to adequately replace him, not directly but for the benefit of the team.

Dybala scored about 2 goals last season but if he stays fit and gets to take fks he can score 20 goals a season. Others need to step up.

Ronaldo scored a lot but it was sometimes to the detriment of the team as we overly looked for him. On the flip side you wouldn't want anyone else on the end of a cross or stepping up for a penalty.

Buy on AliExpress.com

athas

Jul 15, 2007
How so? No replacement or reinvestment of the money has been made, so that sounds like a very biased opinion. Right now we are a winner and 30 goals less, with a window closing in 3 days.
Ronaldo's replacement is Dybala. 3 different coaches can't find a way to play those two together, now Ronaldo has gone, Dybala will be the main guy again. I think after 10-15 matches many of you guys will change your opinions. Dybala and Morata, if injury-free, would be a deadly duo together.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ronaldo's replacement is Dybala. 3 different coaches can't find a way to play those two together, now Ronaldo has gone, Dybala will be the main guy again. I think after 10-15 matches many of you guys will change your opinions. Dybala and Morata, if injury-free, would be a deadly duo together.
Dybala, aside from being levels below, is a worse misfit than Ronaldo, he only works in one position under favorable conditions. Had we built a team around Ronaldo with a good coach, he'd look even better, which is scary good

singus

Sep 22, 2020
A 30-goal player less, not 30 goals less. It's not like we play with 10 men next season.

Don't believe me look at our goal tally every season. But it's true that you have to adequately replace him, not directly but for the benefit of the team.

Dybala scored about 2 goals last season but if he stays fit and gets to take fks he can score 20 goals a season. Others need to step up.

Ronaldo scored a lot but it was sometimes to the detriment of the team as we overly looked for him. On the flip side you wouldn't want anyone else on the end of a cross or stepping up for a penalty.
Yeah Im with you on most of that. Obviously he is taking some chances that other players would otherwise have gotten. But the 10-20 goals extra he is capable of bringing, makes a huge difference at this level. We could have seen the real effects of that, had we been a functioning team, with a midfield and functioning tactics. It was a unique opportunity that we missed. We were short on resources and many transfers we did were absolute failures, leaving us with an average team, just capable of threading water in Serie A.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Dybala, aside from being levels below, is a worse misfit than Ronaldo, he only works in one position under favorable conditions. Had we built a team around Ronaldo with a good coach, he'd look even better, which is scary good
Yes, maybe if we built better. But all in the past now, like Allegri said today, we move on.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Yes Im fairly sure we can manage to fight for the title, even without a replacement. We got Locatelli to strengthen the midfield a bit, and most importantly of all, our competitors have all sold out. And IF we can find 1-2 key transfers in the next days, with that extra money from the Ronaldo departure, then for sure we can become a balanced team. But I will wait calling us a stronger team, before that happens. Right now we just lost our top player for the last 3 years.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Look, the Ronaldo era was over the minute after we got eliminated from CL last year. We already milked Ronaldo dry of the stature he brings and got the pr we needed.

If you can look aside the goals he would bring; the outcome of having him in the squad would be mostly negative from a sporting point of view. His attitude towards his team mates sucked. He works very little for the team. He is bat-shit expensive. And most importantly, he feels no emotional connection to the club or the fans. Juve was just a job for him.

Getting 20+ mil for a 36 year who doesn't want to be at the club - and was in his last year of a contract is VERY solid bit of business.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Agresti said it's 28m, not 23 (15+8). Even if it's so, it could be Ronaldo who gave up part of his salary. After all, he was very determined to leave.

We'll find out with the press release or financial statement but it doesn't matter now. >20m is not zero.

Jun 6, 2015
I think Allegri wanted to build our attack around Dybala and Chiesa rather than Ronaldo this time though. I believe Allegri knows what he's doing and think this is a good decision for the long term health of the club both on and off the pitch.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
How do you guys think OGS will fit him in the lineup? And overall, do you think it'll be success both for United and CR individually? Their front line seems to be crowded now: Rashford, Cavani, Diallo, James, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial and CR. That is a lot!
@JuveJay

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Sad that we dont get to see him with a proper coach and midfield..I say legends section, cos 100 goals in 3 seasons is a legendary feat.. our target was CL but we were never gonna win with the mids we had over the last 3 seasons and injuries to our defenders and Tek as our main GK.. it was a lot for someone like CR to have to take in..
All that said, no player is bigger than Juve and as much as I like him, I love Juve more but he remains the GOAT, no doubt about that.. Good luck CR7, thanks for bringing enthusiasm to Serie A and Juve especially during pandemic..

Hopefully our management can use your freed up wage on better quality players and have our Juve projects restarted and improved with Chiesa Dybala De ligt Loca..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 32)