Cristiano Ronaldo (72 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
Allegri will prove that overall Juventus will be better off without him, mark my words, especially in the current state that the club has been in lately.
Hope you're right. He did it to Milan when he left out Ronaldinho. As frustrating as all of this is, I trust Allegri enough to get us functioning once more. It might take a couple of years to become competitive in Europe again but if anyone can pull it off it is Allegri.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Management had no plan with him and his signing meant we couldn't sign many players due to his cost.

Just a square peg at Juve, he did his best can't fault his effort as he always put the numbers up.

Best of luck to him, he always kept his head down here and got on with it.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Jokes aside, his presence and story here has certainly benefited the club as a brand and did give us fans a lot of hope and confidence that Juventus can still attract even the best player in the world if the timing and figures of the deal are right, it’s been a nice experience to live as a fan and hopefully also a learning curve for the the club as a whole.

No doubt that in terms of TV audiences aswell as overall Media coverage we will notice a downgrade, but what good are those when the team is no longer a team and just a group of individuals that either play for themselves or for a specific player so they can get on his good side and not have the finger pointed only at them… thing is that realistically we could have indeed done better in terms of squad building and improving certain positions but all in all nobody can say that this was not a competitive team, maybe not a CL winner squad but at the very least a squad that should have never lost the Scudetto last season aswell as almost missing out on the Top 4 spots… Pirlo and the management all are to be blamed equally for it but all players aswell while also primarily including CR7 himself should share just as much responsibility for it because he had done very little in actually maintaining a good harmony whitin the squad and focusing on the team’s game and objectives, to him and his fans it’s always only been about his individual records and goals above the team actually winning or achieving objectives, aside maybe for UCL where altough his individualism has also been plain to see he at least seemed to give more of a shit about the team actually progressing further despite the inability to do so.

Nonetheless i do want to thank him for his time here and for making us dream even if just for a short lived timeframe, but all in all good riddance, it’s the best decision for all parties involved.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We all knew this day will come. I don't know what the big fuss is.

There was Juve before and after Baggio, Del Piero, Nedved... there will be Juve without Ronaldo.

Maybe even better, more functional team.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I was curious and checked the number of goals we scored in three seasons prior to Ronaldo joining and the three seasons with him (15/16 - 20/21)(Only the league. I don't expect the CL numbers to be very different either) The number of goals we scored ranged between 75 and 77 for all seasons bar one, where we scored 86 goals. We had Dybala, Higuain and Mandy in the front line that year and Higuain was not even his prolific self. If we look at replacing Ronaldo with a player who'll score 30 goals a season, we won't find one. But we can surely spread the number of goals around in the team. We have done that in the past and we have the players to do that again.
I’m not expecting a 30 g/s replacement. However rebuilding with Kean scamacca or belotti is going to be tough on goal contribution. Especially under the assumption that Dybala will remain healthy, morata will gain consistency, kulu will take that next step. Those are some huge assumptions. Most of the production will fall on Chiesa imo.

OP
Klin

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
  • Thread Starter #24,513
    Yeah, I'm more disappointed on the fact that we didn't build a proper team around him for the past 3 years and kept hiring chumps to take us to the next level and failed miserably than actually losing him at this stage. I think this move will benefit both parties and I think it was always going to happen as soon as Allegri returned and once there was a club interested in attaining him eventually.

Sad story all in all in the end, could have been much better surely, but I think we'll be fine. We can actually start rebuilding now instead of 3 years ago.

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    I was curious and checked the number of goals we scored in three seasons prior to Ronaldo joining and the three seasons with him (15/16 - 20/21)(Only the league. I don't expect the CL numbers to be very different either) The number of goals we scored ranged between 75 and 77 for all seasons bar one, where we scored 86 goals. We had Dybala, Higuain and Mandy in the front line that year and Higuain was not even his prolific self. If we look at replacing Ronaldo with a player who'll score 30 goals a season, we won't find one. But we can surely spread the number of goals around in the team. We have done that in the past and we have the players to do that again.
    What needs to be checked is the number of assists midfield provided before and during Ronaldo era, as he had to play whole 3 seasons with absolute donkeys.

Mar 10, 2009
    Yeah, I'm more disappointed on the fact that we didn't build a proper team around him for the past 3 years and kept hiring chumps to take us to the next level and failed miserably than actually losing him at this stage. I think this move will benefit both parties and I think it was always going to happen as soon as Allegri returned and once there was a club interested in attaining him eventually.

Sad story all in all in the end, could have been much better surely, but I think we'll be fine. We can actually start rebuilding now instead of 3 years ago.
    This

Oct 23, 2011
    Despite winning 2 Scudetti, these last 3 seasons will soon be forgotten. Be it covid, all the mismanagement, or never meeting expectations after getting Ronaldo. This is probably for the best for both parties. Hopefully we can now start building something towards the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)