Cristiano Ronaldo (159 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
far from it.

fan favorite and juve legend moggi NEVER was honest with the media. i bet he enjoyed the shit out of trolling journos left and right.

nedved can't go out and say "ronaldo wants to leave, we have zero leverage besides his contract". and i can also imagine that ronaldo/mendes didn't say anything on their intentions to the board before the opening game. i'd throw some shit on the goat this time as he was utterly unprofessional and disrespectful lately.

ronaldo is the only one to blame here. he got an immense salary, endless respect, support in the rape case, his own covid rules, everything. and he leaves us when the season is literally ongoing. if conte was a cunt for leaving us at the beginning of the pre-season...
I think the club knew he wanted to leave this summer. It’s on mendes to find a destination for his client willing to pick up his salary and get Juventus a deal so the move can happen.

The # of destinations were limited bc few clubs can afford him. And those clubs had other targets prioritized.

once other deals fell thru mendes was able to get traction. the timing of it all is a shock to fans but not management. It’s all fair game since it’s during the open window. If this happened mid season then I’d consider it unprofessional.

Ultimately I see it like this- the pressure is on Mendes who has to satisfy his top client. Cherubini and arrivabene are in position of power to set the market price. Otherwise he stays per his contract and leaves for free next season. To which he will get less salary and mendes will get a smaller fee anyway and we will get nothing if this doesn’t get done this summer.

We are sitting in the power chair and our new, competent mgmt team along with max were well ahead of this.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Funny how our management was behaving and what they were saying about this guy in past few weeks. They were kissing up tom him. Fuck it, even Allegri did it.

And he just went the other way and left the club. :lol:

Well fuck this primadona, I can tell you that much.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
There’s an open investigation about City’s finances by the EPL, which recently became public. It would be funny if it results in sanctions now

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I’m not expecting a 30 g/s replacement. However rebuilding with Kean scamacca or belotti is going to be tough on goal contribution. Especially under the assumption that Dybala will remain healthy, morata will gain consistency, kulu will take that next step. Those are some huge assumptions. Most of the production will fall on Chiesa imo.
Don't forget that Bentancur and Rabiot has to start appearing on the scoresheet too because when we were spreading the numbers we had Khedira and Pjanic consistently scoring goals, before them we had Porgba, Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio. Bentancur, Rabiot and Arthur barely score ten goals altogether in all competitions.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Funny how our management was behaving and what they were saying about this guy in past few weeks. They were kissing up tom him. Fuck it, even Allegri did it.

And he just went the other way and left the club. :lol:

Well fuck this primadona, I can tell you that much.
Tbf Our management saying Ronaldo is staying the past few weeks is probably the reason we are getting the 30m fee we require to let him go. If Paratici was in charge, we would've panicked and released him for free or made a terrible swap deal.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Don't forget that Bentancur and Rabiot has to start appearing on the scoresheet too because when we were spreading the numbers we had Khedira and Pjanic consistently scoring goals, before them we had Porgba, Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio. Bentancur, Rabiot and Arthur barely score ten goals altogether in all competitions.
Omg of course

how could i forget them. That might actually push us towards 35-40 goals per season in total

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
All that is left to hope for is that the Juve experience will not be his worst in the career; really hoping things go worse for him at City than it did at Juve.
Why the hell would you care about that?
That is one part i can actually agree with @Elvin about, altough clearly not ‘the only thing to care about’ he does have a point, as a brand and future image when trying to attract top players it’s probably better to not have someone like CR7 doing interviews about how Juve was his worst experience…

Altough not something to necessarily lose sleep over as it is somewhat expected that he won’t exactly have the nicest words about his time here anyway(or at least specifically about his last season) i do still think it could perhaps be perceived as an ‘moral win’ for us knowing that he would fail elsewhere too and that in the end overall age does catch up with everyone and it wasn’t only Juventus who failed him as his fanboys would want you and the rest of the football world to believe.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I was curious and checked the number of goals we scored in three seasons prior to Ronaldo joining and the three seasons with him (15/16 - 20/21)(Only the league. I don't expect the CL numbers to be very different either) The number of goals we scored ranged between 75 and 77 for all seasons bar one, where we scored 86 goals. We had Dybala, Higuain and Mandy in the front line that year and Higuain was not even his prolific self. If we look at replacing Ronaldo with a player who'll score 30 goals a season, we won't find one. But we can surely spread the number of goals around in the team. We have done that in the past and we have the players to do that again.
I've loved having Ronaldo, it's been great but it's about time we aren't Ronaldo fc. We've never been that, we need to now build a strong team and we can do that. Everyone working hard for the team, pulling in one direction. Definitely need to spread the goals around, I suspect this year it'll be Kean then next season we will probably go for Vlahovic if he does well again. Also it's now on Dybala who I think will renew as soon as this is done.

I've always liked Kean so I'd be happy to have him. I could see Allegri playing him or Morata out wide in the Mandzukic role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 134)