Cristiano Ronaldo (270 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The way I see this:

Ronaldo saw his time in Italy as over at the end of last season, we all remember the Instagram post where he basically said he had achieved all he wanted to in Italy after the coppa win. He wanted to leave this summer but no club wanted him - he then decided to see out his contract.

Then it all changed with the Messi - PSG transfer, he looked at that and thought fuck, I’m going to go another couple of ballon d’ors behind this guy. From there he knew he had to make a move, when the Kane transfer fell through city was his only option.

Seriously - fuck this guy, he’s clutch and he’s one of the best ever but he doesn’t play for the team and he only cares about himself. 30 of his 101 goals for Juve have been penalties (basically a whole season of scoring purely penalties) he’s contributed negative free kick goals and he’s taken a lot of opportunities away from his team mates, Dybala has stagnated and he’s bled our finances so dry that we’ve not been able to adaquately replace aging players in midfield and defence.

we’ve spent 112m on a transfer fee and 60m a year on wages - so far that’s a total of 292m equal to 2.9m per goal, or 4m per goal in open play. In his era he’s helped us win 2 leagues and a coppa Italia. The reality is he’s been a fairly large scale failure and HE has been a pandemic to our finances.

I won’t be sad to see him go, in all honesty I really did try to love him but struggled, he always felt like a hindrance and that his ego was disruptive - he seemed to be allowed to make his own rules and that was disruptive.

Will we be worse without him? I genuinely don’t think so. Maybe players that have felt the need to pass to him above all else will now start to have some freedom and come out of their shell, maybe having a player on the left that agrees to track back is going to help out defensive shape. Maybe those penalties and free kicks he take will be scored by other players whose own self confidence will be boosted.

Above all else. FORZA JUVENTUS

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
If we had to choose between another season of CR7 and losing him for free (and crippling us financially) or selling him now, getting Kean and saving a huge amount of money (huge wages) and costs (amortization of 30M) I'd go for the latter.

He scored a shitload of goals, that is true. But the last couple of matches and the last CL we saw him getting old.. the Ronaldo that dribbled past multiple defenders simply doesn't exist anymore. This is a better way of rebuilding the team past the CR7 at juve era

rainhard

May 5, 2004
The way I see this:

Ronaldo saw his time in Italy as over at the end of last season, we all remember the Instagram post where he basically said he had achieved all he wanted to in Italy after the coppa win. He wanted to leave this summer but no club wanted him - he then decided to see out his contract.

Then it all changed with the Messi - PSG transfer, he looked at that and thought fuck, I’m going to go another couple of ballon d’ors behind this guy. From there he knew he had to make a move, when the Kane transfer fell through city was his only option.

Seriously - fuck this guy, he’s clutch and he’s one of the best ever but he doesn’t play for the team and he only cares about himself. 30 of his 101 goals for Juve have been penalties (basically a whole season of scoring purely penalties) he’s contributed negative free kick goals and he’s taken a lot of opportunities away from his team mates, Dybala has stagnated and he’s bled our finances so dry that we’ve not been able to adaquately replace aging players in midfield and defence.

we’ve spent 112m on a transfer fee and 60m a year on wages - so far that’s a total of 292m equal to 2.9m per goal, or 4m per goal in open play. In his era he’s helped us win 2 leagues and a coppa Italia. The reality is he’s been a fairly large scale failure and HE has been a pandemic to our finances.

I won’t be sad to see him go, in all honesty I really did try to love him but struggled, he always felt like a hindrance and that his ego was disruptive - he seemed to be allowed to make his own rules and that was disruptive.

Will we be worse without him? I genuinely don’t think so. Maybe players that have felt the need to pass to him above all else will now start to have some freedom and come out of their shell, maybe having a player on the left that agrees to track back is going to help out defensive shape. Maybe those penalties and free kicks he take will be scored by other players whose own self confidence will be boosted.

Finally someone who see this thing clearly, true Juventino

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Its weird to think that he might leave, but its even weirder to think that City might be his next destination not because he is a United legend but because i dont see how Guardiola would want him in his team when Ronaldo's biggest weakness is team play and that is precisely what Pep looks for into players.

May 26, 2016
The way I see this:

Great post :tup:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
If we had to choose between another season of CR7 and losing him for free (and crippling us financially) or selling him now, getting Kean and saving a huge amount of money (huge wages) and costs (amortization of 30M) I'd go for the latter.

He scored a shitload of goals, that is true. But the last couple of matches and the last CL we saw him getting old.. the Ronaldo that dribbled past multiple defenders simply doesn't exist anymore. This is a better way of rebuilding the team past the CR7 at juve era
His dribbles were the second worst part of his time here after his link up play.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
The way I see this:

Great post. Couldnt agree more!

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Its weird to think that he might leave, but its even weirder to think that City might be his next destination not because he is a United legend but because i dont see how Guardiola would want him in his team when Ronaldo's biggest weakness is team play and that is precisely what Pep looks for into players.
Pep knows the team needs a pure striker, and that 10 midfielders won't cut it. Ronaldo will guarantee 10 CL goals and maybe thats just what they need to win it

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Will be kinda fun to see Pep bench his ass every second or third game and telling him what to do while on the pitch. His ego won't be able to handle that, that's for sure.

Maybe he will turn out to be a massive succes for City, but I just don't see him fitting into a Pep team right now.

Apr 29, 2006
Spot on.

My belief is that CR7 and Allegri's vision of the game are at odds. Allegri has been talking about team play every odd interview he's given recently and Ronaldo doesn't buy that. He is like a Ferrari - fantastic performances, but on very limited conditions. Funnily Pep could be trying to have a pure finisher (upgraded Aguero) and 10 stooges, could be very useful to them vs smaller/defending deep teams.

Would the other players in City enjoy playing for him? I dunno, they seem to buy Pep's philosophy and know he has all the keys to their kingdom, but ego's are fickle.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
THANK YOU
for everything you have done for JUVENTUS. i enjoyed every moment that you played for US. you will be missed but we must move on. a pity you left in this way. I sincerely hope you receive all recognition you deserve, you are a great player but also a great person! The Future is here love Juve Until the end.
siamak
Cringeworthy rimjob

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Average goals scored for Juventus

0.75 — Cristiano
0.65 — Omar Sivori
0.58 — Roberto Baggio
0.54 — Fillipo Inzaghi
0.53 - David Trezeguet
0.52 - Carlos Tevez
0.47 — Michael Platini
0.44 - Gonzalo Higuain
0.43 — Ravanelli
0.41 - Alessandro del Piero
0.40 — Paulo Dybala

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Thanks for the goals but honestly not even upset he's gone, perhaps more upset in the way he's conducted himself this window if anything. Fuck him hope he flops at city when he realises he won't have the same sort of freedom that he was used to at Juve or Madrid.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a lot of penalties for City.
That's alot of sterling dives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 261)