Cristiano Ronaldo (53 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
All jokes aside, Ronaldo has incredible desire and determination. That's why I really feel sorry for him when I see him with the ball at his feet. He tries so hard, he really does and it's normal to root for him and want him to succeed. I am sure we all do. But alas natire says otherwise. It's kind of like watching an old timer who got crippled in Vietnam trying to walk. Very uncomfortable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
So easy to make you look stupid.

Are we going to be rid of you when we ship his ass?

I always forget that you have to dumb everything down for some people over here. The point is that for every successful dribble he makes, he loses the ball 5 times. Not to mention his rare successful dribbles, usually go nowhere. He's clearly shit at it and probably holds all the records for giving up possession during a match. Defenders literally just take the ball off his feat in a way that is unacceptable for anyone claiming to be top 50, let alone the best.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Are we going to be rid of you when we ship his ass?

I always forget that you have to dumb everything down for some people over here. The point is that for every successful dribble he makes, he loses the ball 5 times. Not to mention his rare successful dribbles, usually go nowhere. He's clearly shit at it and probably holds all the records for giving up possession during a match. Defenders literally just take the ball off his feat in a way that is unacceptable for anyone claiming to be top 50, let alone the best.

36 year old Cristiano Ronaldo has completed more dribbles than any other Juventus player this season. ‍♂️ double post to make you look even more dumb.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Ronaldo would hold the record for not passing when he could have..probably the same reason why he holds all his goal scoring records.
The problem with this argument is that Ronaldo has not improved our goalscoring as a team.

When Ronaldo joined us in 2018, the stats merchants expected him to add 50 goals per season to Juventus. After all, that is what he is worth right?

What actually happened:

1. Ronaldo scores non-penalty goals at the same rate as Higuain did in his first stint here

2. These goals have come at the expense of the rest of the team scoring fewer goals, and when you look at the clip posted by @Juliano13 , you can understand why.

Every great player does this though? I could literally whip out the same thing of Messi, Neymar, Mbappe etc.
I can guarantee you that Messi would pass in the ball in that situation. While Messi is the greatest dribbler of all time, he is not selfish.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
It’s easier to hate than to admire what individuals have achieved, it seems to be the common trend in this forum. I still can’t get over the fact that this legend has been with us for the past 3 years, it still feels special despite this season’s poor results. It would be madness to get rid of him without a proper replacement(s).

The first top priority should be to get a top coach with a real winning plan not a thesis. This alone should send a strong message to our rivals, Ronaldo himself and his detractors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
If a new competent coach comes in along with a few proper midfield reinforcements then there is no reason to not eventually keep CR7 around if he is also willing and determined to stay and take on the challenge,yes i didn't like his attitude and neither appreciated many of his performances recently but it is undeniable that his goals have been crucial for us, obviously finishing 4th in Seria A is embarassing and no individual award will ease the dissapointment but if we are to be honest it is not his fault for being surrounded by mediocrity due to our injury-prone 'stars' or the poor tactics that got us starting on the wrong foot majority of the games this season, a good sign was that he really looked to be working more for the team and it's objectives recently (e.g. Coppa final and celebrating Top 4 qualification) , the team has been a mess coached by a rookie and he still managed to stand out more often than not, so i guess not everything is lost afterall, ofc financially he is no easy feat but it must be said that you never know what we could get in return, we do save wages but we must also expect a decrease in revenues unless we go for another superstar of a similar caliber which would also result in another massive investment that we probably don't afford with or without CR7 eventually staying, realistically speaking we should avoid any more gambles for the time being and focus on just improving the areas that really need fixing to get back to immediate success.

Age catches up with everyone eventually, he might not be as influential in the overall game but is surely still capable of scoring for fun and a more central role should do him well, tbf i believe that all in all if we are to stand a serious chance in UCL next year we need a world class goalscorer like him to stay, just that hopefully this time around as part of a well functioning team without as many weaknesses as we've seen this past two seasons.

The main question remains though, whether himself is actually willing to continue or not after this experimental season, i think either way we'll be fine on the long run, but not so much on short term, in the end if he is not 100% convinced of wanting to stay than it is probably better to just part ways afterall.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The problem with this argument is that Ronaldo has not improved our goalscoring as a team.

When Ronaldo joined us in 2018, the stats merchants expected him to add 50 goals per season to Juventus. After all, that is what he is worth right?

What actually happened:

1. Ronaldo scores non-penalty goals at the same rate as Higuain did in his first stint here

2. These goals have come at the expense of the rest of the team scoring fewer goals, and when you look at the clip posted by @Juliano13 , you can understand why.

I can guarantee you that Messi would pass in the ball in that situation. While Messi is the greatest dribbler of all time, he is not selfish.
You again with your agenda :touched: Let's ignore that Ronaldo won 1/3 of those penalties, and that he assists twice as often as Higuain. All this while we bought Higgy in the middle of his prime while Ronaldo arrived at the end of his, to a whole new league. But sure, let's use numbers to show Ronaldo is as good as Higuain, classic Neddy. And this isn't the first time you come up with this Higuain nonsense, if you got infractions every time you'd be banned by now.

Yes Ronaldo takes away goals from him teammates, let's ignore that the team regressed each year he's here while his scoring improved, despite him aging. I'm sure he likes it more now when he scores close to 40 goals, as opposed to when Allegri was here, he had to score less and we were stomping the league. If only Ronaldo wasn't here, Morata would have scored 25 in the league alone. Dybala would have scored 20, and guys like Rabiot or McKennie would score more because they wouldn't have to cover for Ronaldo right? The nonsense people come up with is astonishing

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
People criticising Ronaldo are ridiculous. He's been nothing short of fantastic on an individual basis. It's just that as a team we do much better without one focal point.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Also it's not Ronaldo's fault that his teammates are mental retards and cant handle playing with the GOAT.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
People criticising Ronaldo are ridiculous. He's been nothing short of fantastic on an individual basis. It's just that as a team we do much better without one focal point.

It's a team sport, though. Seems like a lot of people forget that. I personally don't give a rats ass about his personal records and trophies. What I care about is that we have regressed massively since he got here.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
You again with your agenda :touched: Let's ignore that Ronaldo won 1/3 of those penalties, and that he assists twice as often as Higuain. All this while we bought Higgy in the middle of his prime while Ronaldo arrived at the end of his, to a whole new league. But sure, let's use numbers to show Ronaldo is as good as Higuain, classic Neddy. And this isn't the first time you come up with this Higuain nonsense, if you got infractions every time you'd be banned by now.
I never compared their overall performance, I merely compared them by goals. It is objectively correct to point out that Higuain in his first stint scored as many non-penalty goals per game as Ronaldo has done. I am not speaking about overall performance, just goals. I find it quite amusing how hard you are stressing that overall performance and goals are not the same thing. Well perhaps you should keep the same energy when comparing Ronaldo to a player who is a million times better than him as an overall footballer (you know who).

As for Ronaldo being past his prime, nice of you to acknowledge that, but I don’t see how that’s relevant to the debate when you openly want him to extend his contract.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It's a team sport, though. Seems like a lot of people forget that. I personally don't give a rats ass about his personal records and trophies. What I care about is that we have regressed massively since he got here.
look at our midfield purchases after we signed cr. and don't tell me we lacked the resources, because ramsey's salary would easily cover transfer fees and wages of some players like kessié or barella. plus we fired a proven coach, paid something like 6m to a terrible fit and 2,5m to a rookie. look at our last 3 mercati and tell it with a straight face that we spent our money wisely.

when you sign ronaldo, you just know from day 1 that you'll need players who'll do the hard work for him. then you sign ramsey, can, rabiot, arthur and mckennie for your midfield, of which mckennie is the only one with proper workrate, but he lacks the technical abilities of a class player, and he's also a bit of a fatso.

also, it's not a general rule that we look better without him. we failed to win matches against benevento or crotone without cr:boh:

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I never compared their overall performance, I merely compared them by goals. It is objectively correct to point out that Higuain in his first stint scored as many non-penalty goals per game as Ronaldo has done. I am not speaking about overall performance, just goals. I find it quite amusing how hard you are stressing that overall performance and goals are not the same thing. Well perhaps you should keep the same energy when comparing Ronaldo to a player who is a million times better than him as an overall footballer (you know who).

As for Ronaldo being past his prime, nice of you to acknowledge that, but I don’t see how that’s relevant to the debate when you openly want him to extend his contract.
Well we paid 90m from Higuain and he scored 69 goals for us. Higuain was 28 at that time and now he plays in MLS at 33. Ronaldo was 33 when we signed him and has +100 goals past 3 seasons.

Higuain's move was the bigger "mistake" than Ronaldo's if people keep Ronaldo's transfer as a mistake. We paid 90m for Higuain before we paid 100m for Ronaldo, yet Ronaldo is the reason we do not have money.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Can someone thread ban Neddy pls, I will destroy him again like usual and he will come back in a week saying the same thing like usual. So @mods spare us all of this pls

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My point is that some teams do very well if they're built around a superstar. We are not one of those teams.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003

What actually happened:

No arguments from me mate.. I agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)