Cristiano Ronaldo (23 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
And on top of that you have all the great defensive players and goalkeepers. The whole GOAT discussion is quite silly and pointless for multitude of reasons. For example trying to compare players from completely different eras with each other or trying to compare players with completely different roles with each other is just impossible. I doubt any of those who like making these definite statements have seen the likes of Pele or Beckenbauer play on regular basis.
Defensive players can't be GOATs IMO.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Top 5? :D

Top 1 or 2.
You know, Messi or him, or both on number one, idk.
Because I don’t like ranking, I don’t know where him or Messi would be placed lol And for the top 5, mine would be CR7, Messi, R9, Zidane, Maradona maybe (not in order).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
This GOAT debate is subjective. Both CR7 and Messi are definitely in the discussion, possibly top 5 all time, but a case can be made for Maradona, Cruyff, Pele, Platini, and Zidane. R9 and Baggio could've also been in the discussion, had it not been for injuries.
Talking about being subjective or unlucky circumstances, then i’d very well include Del Piero in the discussion aswell, a case could sure be made for him as part of the top 5-10 of all time and i’m as serious as it gets, the guy reinvented hisself numerous times after some tough injuries and still delivered the goods for the majority of his career, even in his late 30’s you could still see him create, dribble and trick players with ease and at an almost walking pace(which is mindblowing seeing that he lost most of his speed as he aged and to still be able to pull that off with such elegance ain’t something you see often), perhaps one of the smartest, most technically gifted and impredictable players to have ever played the game, aswell as gifting us some of the best shooting/goals techniques to ever witness whether it is short/medium/long range you prefer.

So behave, snubbing ADP but including R9 on that list of yours here should be a warning worthy offence IMO. :disagree:
:turk::p

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Defensive players can't be GOATs IMO.
Why cant the likes of Beckenbauer, Maldini, Baresi and so on be GOATs?

They were so dominant in their own area and time that i certainly think you can make a case for them

Kaiser Franz won 2 ballons, Maldini and Baresi also came close if Im not mistaken

That said i agree with the other guy saying this GOAT debate is rather pointless for numerous reasons

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
It is just too sad we never saw ADP shine in World Cup like Baggio in 94
Well, not that i necessarily disagree but i’d say that in fact he did just enough in 2006’s WC, did he not?

What matters most is that he contributed to Italy winning it and was without doubt a key asset for them, especially in the late phases of the tournament.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
guys shouldnt juve invest in human cloning technology? why bother looking for next great players.

just invest in cloning and lab creating fetuses and use dna from ronaldo, buffon, chiellini, del piero etc.

if needed, force them

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
just try it on De Sciglio first please
well look at it this way.

imagine we clone chiellini, but give him handsome dna from DS and ronaldo. imagine how awesome that would be.

we would dominate the handsome market, the instagram market, most sold shirts market, gay market. we would be gods. and then we seal messi dna but fuse it with dybala genetics to create the ultimate forvet

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Why cant the likes of Beckenbauer, Maldini, Baresi and so on be GOATs?

They were so dominant in their own area and time that i certainly think you can make a case for them

Kaiser Franz won 2 ballons, Maldini and Baresi also came close if Im not mistaken

That said i agree with the other guy saying this GOAT debate is rather pointless for numerous reasons
I think that because people playing football to win, if you cannot create goal then maximum you can only get is draw
So for a player to be a GOAT, he must have high participated rating in creating goals (that means numbers of goals and assists combine)
These will take significant part in judgement, then how much trophy they won, and how significant that throphy

Let me take you to an extreme perspective, if there is a Goalkeeper that played 500 games in his career and only conceded 10 goals
Would you consider him as GOAT (greatest footballer of all time) ? Probably no, because there are another players that played 500 games and created more than 500 goals. But people will surely pick that goalkeeper as the greatest goalie of all time

- - - Updated - - -

well look at it this way.

imagine we clone chiellini, but give him handsome dna from DS and ronaldo. imagine how awesome that would be.

we would dominate the handsome market, the instagram market, most sold shirts market, gay market. we would be gods. and then we seal messi dna but fuse it with dybala genetics to create the ultimate forvet
With our imagination, we should make a tv series about a developing country who farming top players DNA trail (sperm)
Pay some fertile woman as surrogate womb, this done around 1995-2000 (milenia). Take care of the kids development (find a family for them), nutrition, hire the trainers, coaches, prepare the infrastructure etc. And give the only purpose of their life is to play football for their country and with ultimate target to win the world cup

We can make the title The 111 (total numbers of the kid that their raise)
11 Goalkeepers,40 Defenders,35 Midfielders,25 Attackers
We can put how the parents love affect their development, as they put in some family. Some parents love their child, some just do their job to raise them etc
And how women (girlfriend) affect their development etc2

And let's start they do this to generate 250 childs, but only 111 born as boy and 139 born as girl
Then the girl is raise to becoming celebrity for their country, some athletes in any kind of sports
With final purpose for them to rebreeding, to keep the genetic

Last edited:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't think Ronaldo will win another Golden Ball. I think his Will Smith time in the limelight is over. The PR machine is looking for younger names to promote.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think that because people playing football to win, if you cannot create goal then maximum you can only get is draw
So for a player to be a GOAT, he must have high participated rating in creating goals (that means numbers of goals and assists combine)
These will take significant part in judgement, then how much trophy they won, and how significant that throphy

Let me take you to an extreme perspective, if there is a Goalkeeper that played 500 games in his career and only conceded 10 goals
Would you consider him as GOAT (greatest footballer of all time) ? Probably no, because there are another players that played 500 games and created more than 500 goals. But people will surely pick that goalkeeper as the greatest goalie of all time

- - - Updated - - -

With our imagination, we should make a tv series about a developing country who farming top players DNA trail (sperm)
Pay some fertile woman as surrogate womb, this done around 1995-2000 (milenia). Take care of the kids development (find a family for them), nutrition, hire the trainers, coaches, prepare the infrastructure etc. And give the only purpose of their life is to play football for their country and with ultimate target to win the world cup

We can make the title The 111 (total numbers of the kid that their raise)
11 Goalkeepers,40 Defenders,35 Midfielders,25 Attackers
We can put how the parents love affect their development, as they put in some family. Some parents love their child, some just do their job to raise them etc
And how women (girlfriend) affect their development etc2

And let's start they do this to generate 250 childs, but only 111 born as boy and 139 born as girl
Then the girl is raise to becoming celebrity for their country, some athletes in any kind of sports
With final purpose for them to rebreeding, to keep the genetic
I dont think you can put it out like that, its too simplistic

A defender can be so good and dominant that he most certainly can be a GOAT type of player to me

Its harder to create goals than defend against them sure, but it shouldnt take anything away from the defenders really

I know there’s a biased view towards offensive players being the best and it been so now for at least 2 decades which is fair enough

After all is it the offensive players that makes the masses enjoy football

ronaldo99

Jun 27, 2020

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
At least Romário was honest and left Europe because he couldn't stay away from that life.

Funny fact though; Although he partied hard and wouldn't show up for training sessions, he didn't drink nor used drugs so his thing was women.

The weird thing about Ronaldo is that he was a super skinny kid one year and boom a muscle guy the next. Not sure what they did to him but we do have stories about unsafe methods used in Italy back in the 90's like Batistuta.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
It's incredible how little R9 won at club level though. During 14 years in Europe at PSV, Barca, inter, Real and Milan he won 1 league title, 0 Champions Leagues and few national cups and lesser European cups.
Argh R9 is just another lolzilian, naturally talented at ‘dancing with balls’ but decided to waste his life away with parties and BBQ food. cr7’s mentality is already that of a greater footballer than the whole nation of Brazilian footballers combined from 1920s till current.

Seriously, CR7 and Messi is heads and toes above R9 Pele Maradona

All these so called great players are only considered ‘great’ by people who enjoys reminiscing old days where photocopy machines don’t exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Or get destroyed, just saying.

Prime R9 was the best striker of all time. CR7 is easily top 5 players of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What the fug is a prime R9? Being unplayable for one game is considered prime?

I haven’t played football before but other day I played football for 2minutes and scored two goals. So my career stats stand at 1 goal per minute. And then I retired.

My prime form is more unstoppable than R9 prime form.

Bloody useless prime analogies lol. R9 Pele Maradona Cod Oil Liver all belong to the same category. Things that your grandparents proclaim as ‘best-ever’ but is crap compared to the luxury we are exposed to now which is CR7 Messi and organic avocado.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)