Cristiano Ronaldo (46 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
His good form and goal streak is the best news in CHL knock out stages. I dont mind setbacks since he is performing. He is our only hope in CHL.

This team has no chance to win the CL unless somehow the confidence and hunger suddenly kick in because its the CL.

I predict a similar exit to the one we had against Ajax. If we face a confident hungry team that puts 100% every match, we will be over run again. They dont have to be a team of super stars or a Madrid/Barca type, they can be just like Ajax was last year.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
He had that last year too. Wasn’t enough. Won’t be enough this year either.
No he did not. Last year he had total of 28 goals. And this season he already reached 24. Last season he has 21 goals in total in Serie A, this season he has 20. We have plenty of games to go. I expect him to reach at least 30 goals this season.

- - - Updated - - -

This team has no chance to win the CL unless somehow the confidence and hunger suddenly kick in because its the CL.

I predict a similar exit to the one we had against Ajax. If we face a confident hungry team that puts 100% every match, we will be over run again. They dont have to be a team of super stars or a Madrid/Barca type, they can be just like Ajax was last year.
We played very good this season in CHL. Maybe it has to do with hunger. Lets hope and see how we play vs Lyon. If we trash them and beat them with high score then im hopeful. But if we scrape a win then i expect nothing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No he did not. Last year he had total of 28 goals. And this season he already reached 24. Last season he has 21 goals in total in Serie A, this season he has 20. We have plenty of games to go. I expect him to reach at least 30 goals this season.

- - - Updated - - -

We played very good this season in CHL. Maybe it has to do with hunger. Lets hope and see how we play vs Lyon. If we trash them and beat them with high score then im hopeful. But if we scrape a win then i expect nothing.
Stop fucking lying. I already showed another poster saying this was speaking rubbish. He’s scoring goals at a higher rate, but not assisting anywhere near last year. He created more goals/90 last year. His goal+ assist/90 ratio is still lower than last year.

This year 24 goals + 2 assists in 2567 minutes. Goal or assist every 98.7 minutes.

Last year 28 goals + 10 assists in 3646 minutes. Goal or assist every 95.9 minutes

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Stop fucking lying. I already showed another poster saying this was speaking rubbish. He’s scoring goals at a higher rate, but not assisting anywhere near last year. He created more goals/90 last year. His goal+ assist/90 ratio is still lower than last year.

This year 24 goals + 2 assists in 2567 minutes. Goal or assist every 98.7 minutes.

Last year 28 goals + 10 assists in 3646 minutes. Goal or assist every 95.9 minutes
The season is not over yet. The best from Ronaldo is yet to come.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The season is not over yet. The best from Ronaldo is yet to come.
And that could very well happen. Before the 5 games after the Ajax elimination where we had nothing to play for as scudetto was already won, he had 36 goals+assists in 3090 minutes. A goal or assist every 86 minutes which is significantly better than right now.

His production will have to catch fire even more to reach those numbers.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
And that could very well happen. Before the 5 games after the Ajax elimination where we had nothing to play for as scudetto was already won, he had 36 goals+assists in 3090 minutes. A goal or assist every 86 minutes which is significantly better than right now.

His production will have to catch fire even more to reach those numbers.
Come on bro, he's clearly having a better season this year than last.
It's the rest of the team (apart from Dybala) that is utter dogshit at scoring goals.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Come on bro, he's clearly having a better season this year than last.
It's the rest of the team (apart from Dybala) that is utter dogshit at scoring goals.
He absolutely isn’t. How on earth do you qualify that? The eye test? He’s creating less goals. I just showed that. He’s been more clinical with less chances, but he’s getting less chances and therefore scoring+assisting less/90.

You could at least make a better argument that over the last 6 weeks he’s in form he never got into last year, but that’s not true either, considering his form for us in CL knockouts last year.

And beyond even that, 8 of his goals already are penalties, compared to 6 this year. Which means he’s creating even less from open play than last year which was a huge complaint about Allegri and his tactics.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
He absolutely isn’t. How on earth do you qualify that? The eye test? He’s creating less goals. I just showed that. He’s been more clinical with less chances, but he’s getting less chances and therefore scoring+assisting less/90.

You could at least make a better argument that over the last 6 weeks he’s in form he never got into last year, but that’s not true either, considering his form for us in CL knockouts last year.

And beyond even that, 8 of his goals already are penalties, compared to 6 this year. Which means he’s creating even less from open play than last year which was a huge complaint about Allegri and his tactics.
20 goals in 20 games, he had 21 all season in the league last year.
He's also had more goals in the Coppa Italia and CL than he had at this stage last year.
He has fewer assists, yes, but his role isn't to create chances, it's to be a finisher, pure and simple.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
20 goals in 20 games, he had 21 all season in the league last year.
He's also had more goals in the Coppa Italia and CL than he had at this stage last year.
He has fewer assists, yes, but his role isn't to create chances, it's to be a finisher, pure and simple.

Yes, his role is to score and also create. He scored around 45-50/ year and assisted another 10-20 each year at Madrid. Disregarding his assists and chance creating part of his game makes him a far lesser player. Obviously.

Just because you want to make stuff up doesn’t change what the reality is. I care about how many goals he creates. Not how many he just scores. I’d be just as happy for him to score 25 and assist 25 as to score 50 and assist 0. Obviously. And the team would be more well-rounded and dangerous for it.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Yes, his role is to score and also create. He scored around 45-50/ year and assisted another 10-20 each year at Madrid. Disregarding his assists and chance creating part of his game makes him a far lesser player. Obviously.

Just because you want to make stuff up doesn’t change what the reality is. I care about how many goals he creates. Not how many he just scores. I’d be just as happy for him to score 25 and assist 25 as to score 50 and assist 0. Obviously. And the team would be more well-rounded and dangerous for it.
I don't view assists as valuable as goals because it depends on who's getting on the end of those chances. Last year he had a great partnership with Mandzu who would finish a lot of Ronaldo's chances.
This year Ronaldo's still creating chances, but Higuain and the others aren't getting in good scoring positions often enough. That's down to Sarri, not Ronaldo.
Last year, we at least tried to play to Ronaldo's strengths by providing a ton of crosses, this year we aren't.
So yes, he's definitely having a better season- but Sarri doesn't have much to do with it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't view assists as valuable as goals because it depends on who's getting on the end of those chances. Last year he had a great partnership with Mandzu who would finish a lot of Ronaldo's chances.
This year Ronaldo's still creating chances, but Higuain and the others aren't getting in good scoring positions often enough. That's down to Sarri, not Ronaldo.
Last year, we at least tried to play to Ronaldo's strengths by providing a ton of crosses, this year we aren't.
So yes, he's definitely having a better season- but Sarri doesn't have much to do with it.
He had a Dybala in far better form this year and a better goal scorer in Higuain than Mandzukic to create chances for. He’s not creating the same kind of chances. He created a half-dozen tap-ins last year and just has not done that this year.

I’ll stick to the fact he’s creating less goals/90 than last year.

I’m not even arguing he’s having a worse year, the two years are pretty much the same. He’s creating a goal approximately every 90 minutes, slightly worse this year, but for me he has been fantastic both years. It’s you trying to argue that he has definitely or clearly been better which isn’t the case when looking at his overall game. And the fact a third of his goals have been penalties this year. Which is a much higher percentage and mostly won by other players.

Anyways, he’s been fantastic both years, and our clear best player. I’ll judge his overall year once we see what he does in the big CL knockout matches, and down the stretch run in Serie A. He could leave his last year in the dust and lead us to glory, or Sarriball could punch him in the nuts like the rest of the team and leave us in the gutter.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

I'm talking about goals, when we talk about assists then you could be right. Are you saying Messi is better than Ronaldo because he has more assists?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm talking about goals, when we talk about assists then you could be right. Are you saying Messi is better than Ronaldo because he has more assists?
Actually, Ronaldo holds the all-time record for CL assists. Both overall, and in the knockouts. :baus:

But Messi can hold his La Liga records from dominating the lower half of the table.

Nice try, though. Google is your friend. Just a heads up on that.

- - - Updated - - -

It's an absolute waste of his qualities to make him pass the ball. He should always be in the receiving end of it.

lol no. He holds the all-time record for CL assists, but we should just ignore that I guess.

He averaged around 15 assists/year for Madrid. That’s valuable and absolutely stupid to get rid of that part of his game. He’s most often smart enough and talented enough to know when it’s better to create a goal for a teammate or get blocked/dispossessed/put in a bad shot going for it himself.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Actually, Ronaldo holds the all-time record for CL assists. Both overall, and in the knockouts. :baus:

But Messi can hold his La Liga records from dominating the lower half of the table.

Nice try, though. Google is your friend. Just a heads up on that.

- - - Updated - - -

lol no. He holds the all-time record for CL assists, but we should just ignore that I guess.

He averaged around 15 assists/year for Madrid. That’s valuable and absolutely stupid to get rid of that part of his game. He’s most often smart enough and talented enough to know when it’s better to create a goal for a teammate or get blocked/dispossessed/put in a bad shot going for it himself.
This season Messi has more assists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)