Cristiano Ronaldo (147 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
As I said I go by what I saw from them when they were 17-20 and at that age there was no big difference in their talent imo. I'm sure Neymar trained and played a lot as a kid to be at that level at such young age but later on he hasn't been as devoted to improving as Ronaldo has. You're free to rate their talent levels differently. It's all subjective in the end so no need to get overly caught up by something so obscure.
So you're talking about "talent" again, when it was all about technique in the beginning.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
No, I talked about talent in the beginning too.
Since it's all about genes, what does talent do in here? Technique then is all about reps, practicing, hours etc, so shouldn't we talk about work-ethic? But then again, the whole point was technique and Ronaldo simply just does have better technique and genetics, why we are even discussing about something which goes by the words of "technical talent"?

Jun 6, 2015
Since it's all about genes, what does talent do in here? Technique then is all about reps, practicing, hours etc, so shouldn't we talk about work-ethic? But then again, the whole point was technique and Ronaldo simply just does have better technique and genetics, why we are even discussing about something which goes by the words of "technical talent"?
It's not all about genes and we don't even know who has the better genes. And yes I've noticed that you're stuck on your definition of talent. You are just making absolute claims based on your subjective views. Why is it so hard to understand that perhaps sometimes people might not agree with your views?

How much did you watch Ronaldo when he was 17-20? Or Neymar?

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Dribbling technique? Shooting technique? Passing technique? I'm not sure you know exactly what you mean by technical talent.

Nov 3, 2019
Ronaldo doesnt need the captain armband to lead us with his charismatic. Chiellini is our offical captain and he deserves it for his loyality and he has also the never-die-attitude like Cristiano. In defense we have Chiello and in the offense Cristiano - two true leaders........but who is our midfield-leader ? Pjanic ? :andyandbarcelona:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
And that is why Neymar is unlikely to ever reach Ronaldo's level. With his talent Neymar should be doing so much more. Ronaldo has done everything to not waste a single drop of his talent.
Neymar is basically a far less likeable version of Ronaldinho. They both had supreme talent combined with very questionable work ethic. The only difference is that Dinho was a cool guy while Neymar is a prat.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ronaldinho would've been GOAT tier if he had put in the work, but he was too busy partying, drinking, and shagging trannies.

So many players from that Brazil team (Milkshake R9, L'imbibatore Adriano, and Dancing Dinho) were awesome but could've been even better.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
It's not all about genes and we don't even know who has the better genes. And yes I've noticed that you're stuck on your definition of talent. You are just making absolute claims based on your subjective views. Why is it so hard to understand that perhaps sometimes people might not agree with your views?

How much did you watch Ronaldo when he was 17-20? Or Neymar?
It’s definitely all about genes or do you think that we are overcoming evolution and giving some supernatural superpowers on the certain people on the line, before they’re born? You said when they were 17-20, so even if they had some sort of supernatural ”talents”, how it didn’t show up before that age of 17-20? Why wasn’t Neymar talked about being the next superstar when he was 5? So something happened between the age 5-17 and it’s just that he didn’t do anything else but playing football during that 12-13 year span. OR, was there a fountain somewhere they did share out the talent and Neymar went there at age 14 and right after that, he became somewhat relevent on the footballing world as a youngster?

Genetics play the biggest role on the most physically demanding sports, like 100m dash, long distance running, power lifting etc and then there’s sports like football, tennis etc which are more of a technical based., but do have the genetics playing the biggest role but they are not reliant on having the certain type of muscle fibers, they are not reliant on the bone thickness/size, they’re not reliant on the muscle attachment points or just a height. Juninho didn’t learn those freekicks by doing nothing, nobody did and the technical aspect of the game can only be learned through the practice, to build a muscle memory and so on. Some of the people learn faster than others, it’s also genetics and we could go on and on, but it won’t change the fact that Ronaldo has way better genetics for football or sports in general than Neymar does.

People should seriously stop talking about these Adrianos, Ronaldinho’s etc, they lacked some certain gene to get the absolute best out of them and it’s just full of if’s, should’s and would’s = didn’t happen. It’s exactly like everyone had that one friend who was 14 and was playing for u-17, had all the people scouting him and had some kind of pre-agreements with some big clubs but it turned out that he quit football at age 19 because he just didn’t care about it. For Dinho and Adriano it was their only way to get a better life, there ain’t better motivation than that and they achieved enough to have it. You could say same about anybody who doesn’t need to think about the money at all as a 9 year old, does he have the same ”potential” to have the same motivation? I don’t think so. So, what happened, happened and what didn’t, did not. Results are there, speculation is unecessary - simple as that.

Jun 6, 2015
It’s definitely all about genes or do you think that we are overcoming evolution and giving some supernatural superpowers on the certain people on the line, before they’re born? You said when they were 17-20, so even if they had some sort of supernatural ”talents”, how it didn’t show up before that age of 17-20? Why wasn’t Neymar talked about being the next superstar when he was 5? So something happened between the age 5-17 and it’s just that he didn’t do anything else but playing football during that 12-13 year span. OR, was there a fountain somewhere they did share out the talent and Neymar went there at age 14 and right after that, he became somewhat relevent on the footballing world as a youngster?

Genetics play the biggest role on the most physically demanding sports, like 100m dash, long distance running, power lifting etc and then there’s sports like football, tennis etc which are more of a technical based., but do have the genetics playing the biggest role but they are not reliant on having the certain type of muscle fibers, they are not reliant on the bone thickness/size, they’re not reliant on the muscle attachment points or just a height. Juninho didn’t learn those freekicks by doing nothing, nobody did and the technical aspect of the game can only be learned through the practice, to build a muscle memory and so on. Some of the people learn faster than others, it’s also genetics and we could go on and on, but it won’t change the fact that Ronaldo has way better genetics for football or sports in general than Neymar does.

People should seriously stop talking about these Adrianos, Ronaldinho’s etc, they lacked some certain gene to get the absolute best out of them and it’s just full of if’s, should’s and would’s = didn’t happen. It’s exactly like everyone had that one friend who was 14 and was playing for u-17, had all the people scouting him and had some kind of pre-agreements with some big clubs but it turned out that he quit football at age 19 because he just didn’t care about it. For Dinho and Adriano it was their only way to get a better life, there ain’t better motivation than that and they achieved enough to have it. You could say same about anybody who doesn’t need to think about the money at all as a 9 year old, does he have the same ”potential” to have the same motivation? I don’t think so. So, what happened, happened and what didn’t, did not. Results are there, speculation is unecessary - simple as that.
I get it you hate Neymar or you love Ronaldo or probably both. I really don't need your walls of text to understand that.

And nah, simple as that :baus:

Jun 6, 2015
I don’t hate Neymar, why would i? It’s all about nonsense and if anything, i hate stupid people with stupid logic.
Yes you are the master of logic with your "simple as that" arguments.
Pitäiskö ottaa hetki happea ja tuijottaa sinne peiliin. Kato mistä sä aloit vääntämään. Ei voi sana "talent" aiheuttaa noin vahvaa tunnereaktiota.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
There’s no need to hate, you simply disagree with them and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Usually if i have an opinion, i atleast try to explain why i think that by either using just a common sense or bringing up some kind of explanation based on science, facts or anything else. If somebody uses a word talent and doesn't know what it means, why on earth you need to use it?

That's the point, nothing else and you could say that Neymar is 10x better player than Ronaldo is and say it's based on your opinion, it will be fine but don't say it's based on their "talent" because it's wrong.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ronaldo is who he is mainly because his work ethic. Both neymar and ronaldo and a lot more are very close in talent, but the difference maker at this stage is how much you put into it.

Ronaldo discovered in what he was good, and put extreme work into perfecting that, the others do not. Thats all theres to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)