Cristiano Ronaldo (142 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
35? Wow...

I said it before, fuck the most appearance rule and give him the captain armband. Has the age, the skills but the most important of it all - the mentality.
Nothing against our Chiello...but clearly the captain armabnd should go to the general, and CR7 is by far the most charismatic player in the team and the one who shows the never give up attitude in the times of need.

For exmaple the atletico game

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Nothing against our Chiello...but clearly the captain armabnd should go to the general, and CR7 is by far the most charismatic player in the team and the one who shows the never give up attitude in the times of need.

I agree but, when Chiello plays he should be the captain.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008

Never! Princess ain't captain material. All he can do is dive and cry.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
There is no way Cristiano should captain the side ahead of players with more experience. It’s a simple sign of respect for players who have served the club with loyalty. I don’t think he wants the armband anyway, case in point when he handed it to Matuidi instead.

The man doesn’t need an armband to rip the opposition a new one. He’a done it his whole career without being the first choice captain at any club he has played for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
There is no way Cristiano should captain the side ahead of players with more experience. It’s a simple sign of respect for players who have served the club with loyalty. I don’t think he wants the armband anyway, case in point when he handed it to Matuidi instead.

The man doesn’t need an armband to rip the opposition a new one. He’a done it his whole career without being the first choice captain at any club he has played for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only reason he handed it to Matuidi was because Matuidi was more "experienced", atleast Juve wise than Ronaldo was and you could be right about him not wanting it, because we have great leaders from our old core but saying there's no way Ronaldo should be captain is just wrong. Im completely fine with the traditions, but saying there's no way is just pure idiotism.

And that is why Neymar is unlikely to ever reach Ronaldo's level. With his talent Neymar should be doing so much more. Ronaldo has done everything to not waste a single drop of his talent.
"Unlikely", LOL. He will never reach that level because it's unreachable, yet accomplish even half of what Ronaldo has, so there goes that "unlikely". And by talent you mean an ability to play football? Well that's just one part of it and there's that mentality etc, which are also part of that "talent" aka genetics so Neymar is 2x less talented, with 5x less motivated so there you have it.

Also big lols to those AndreaPirlo10's etc, who made those accounts just because of Ronaldo, but named them something Juventus based because they were embarrased. Now they're posting with those names and trying to lure everybody to think they're actually Juve fans LOL, that if anything is pathetic.

Jun 6, 2015
"Unlikely", LOL. He will never reach that level because it's unreachable, yet accomplish even half of what Ronaldo has, so there goes that "unlikely". And by talent you mean an ability to play football? Well that's just one part of it and there's that mentality etc, which are also part of that "talent" aka genetics so Neymar is 2x less talented, with 5x less motivated so there you have it.
:D I first wrote "never", but then decided to be less absolute with "unlikely". So calma.

Yes mentality is what Neymar is missing and that was the whole point of my post. I don't see a big difference in their technical talent level.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
:D I first wrote "never", but then decided to be less absolute with "unlikely". So calma.

Yes mentality is what Neymar is missing and that was the whole point of my post. I don't see a big difference in their technical talent level.
Even technically Ronaldo is far ahead.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Can't agree with that. Ronaldo's amazing work-rate is what has made the difference.
If you mean those flashy brazilian beach soccer tricks as a technical ability, then Neymar might be ahead but when it comes to shooting technique, heading technique or technique in general, Ronaldo is literally superior to anyone. There ain't a single area where Ronaldo is lacking the technique, whether it's left foot or anything, he always gets it done but i can see alot of players lacking some certain things at certain areas.

If people are saying Ronaldo isn't able to do something, it's just because he's so good at something it doesn't make sense to do anything else.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Happy Birthday to the footballing god

Wishing he stays with us for many more years and hopefully involve himself with Juventus even beyond his playing career in some respect maybe as a brand ambassador or something. It's a big ask as he has other ambitions after football but a man can hope.

But for now let's continue to enjoy his football and hopefully he brings home that elusive CL.

Jun 6, 2015
If you mean those flashy brazilian beach soccer tricks as a technical ability, then Neymar might be ahead but when it comes to shooting technique, heading technique or technique in general, Ronaldo is literally superior to anyone. There ain't a single area where Ronaldo is lacking the technique, whether it's left foot or anything, he always gets it done but i can see alot of players lacking some certain things at certain areas.

If people are saying Ronaldo isn't able to do something, it's just because he's so good at something it doesn't make sense to do anything else.
I'm not diminishing Ronaldo as a player. I remember Ronaldo moving to United and watching his debut, even watched the friendly between Sporting vs ManU where Ronaldo impressed United. He was a skinny kid with quick feet and some nice moves. His finishing, free-kicks, physique and else are thanks to him working his ass off as a young player. Neymar simply relaxed and was content on being a world-class talent.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Looking at the Messi Abidal debacle, I've never seen Cristiano publicly slander his teammates/ club before.
I'm sure he's had plenty of disagreements with teammates and coaches, but he's always kept them behind closed doors.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I'm not diminishing Ronaldo as a player. I remember Ronaldo moving to United and watching his debut, even watched the friendly between Sporting vs ManU where Ronaldo impressed United. He was a skinny kid with quick feet and some nice moves. His finishing, free-kicks, physique and else are thanks to him working his ass off as a young player. Neymar simply relaxed and was content on being a world-class talent.
If Neymar was already doing things people couldn't at age 3, then we could argue about this but since he was still wearing diapers just like everyone else at that age, he was just a normal kid who loved to play football. Im pretty sure he didn't do anything than playing football between 5-20 and even in this day, he still does so he definitely has the hours and wasn't born with it. Technique can be only trained and since he wasn't doing anything special at age 3, he had to put the hours to have that technique and if im saying Ronaldo is far ahead technique wise, there's no need to bring any of that "relaxing out" stuff out because even if it was true, it still doesn't make Neymar more technical than Ronaldo because it's not some kind of equation where you add something, then you divide it with something and then you have a compensated result, it's all on the field and that's the truth. You could have said, Neymar could have had higher potential to have a better technique, then it would have been correct way of explaining it, but even then it wouldn't have been nothing but a pure speculation. If anything, we could talk about genetics a.k.a talent but even then, Ronaldo is far ahead when it comes to speed, explosiviness, game IQ, injuries etc. and most of those things you can't train, unlike technique. Then there's dedication, motivation and mentality etc. and it's just something GOAT's have on any sports compared to the normal players and it cannot be thaught/trained either, so even there Ronaldo is far ahead of Neymar.

So final conclusion is that Ronaldo is superior athlete, he has better genetics and by the hours he put it, means he has better technique as well.

Jun 6, 2015
If Neymar was already doing things people couldn't at age 3, then we could argue about this but since he was still wearing diapers just like everyone else at that age, he was just a normal kid who loved to play football. Im pretty sure he didn't do anything than playing football between 5-20 and even in this day, he still does so he definitely has the hours and wasn't born with it. Technique can be only trained and since he wasn't doing anything special at age 3, he had to put the hours to have that technique and if im saying Ronaldo is far ahead technique wise, there's no need to bring any of that "relaxing out" stuff out because even if it was true, it still doesn't make Neymar more technical than Ronaldo because it's not some kind of equation where you add something, then you divide it with something and then you have a compensated result, it's all on the field and that's the truth. You could have said, Neymar could have had higher potential to have a better technique, then it would have been correct way of explaining it, but even then it wouldn't have been nothing but a pure speculation. If anything, we could talk about genetics a.k.a talent but even then, Ronaldo is far ahead when it comes to speed, explosiviness, game IQ, injuries etc. and most of those things you can't train, unlike technique. Then there's dedication, motivation and mentality etc. and it's just something GOAT's have on any sports compared to the normal players and it cannot be thaught/trained either, so even there Ronaldo is far ahead of Neymar.

So final conclusion is that Ronaldo is superior athlete, he has better genetics and by the hours he put it, means he has better technique as well.
As I said I go by what I saw from them when they were 17-20 and at that age there was no big difference in their talent imo. I'm sure Neymar trained and played a lot as a kid to be at that level at such young age but later on he hasn't been as devoted to improving as Ronaldo has. You're free to rate their talent levels differently. It's all subjective in the end so no need to get overly caught up by something so obscure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)