2016/2017: 15%
2017/2018: 14%

Top scorers in 2017/2018 across leagues

Salah: 22%
Messi: 17%
Lewa: 20%
Icardi: 28%
Cavani: 26%

Messi's 17% (Never gone down 17% this past decade - usually above 20%) is enough to match or surpass 8 of Ronaldo's 9 seasons. And he's to most extreme case, because he's the closest to Ronaldo in terms of shots per game. Usually prolific stirkers stay above 20%.

How many those Cavanis and Lewas score from outside the box? They are fixed strikers, typical centre-forwards, unlike Ronaldo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Please, the old man still is a superstar and unfortunately Max's + maybe serie a style of play wasn't going to equate to CR7 scoring as often as at RM. Even though Cuads and Matuidi surprisingly scored today, they aren't the type of players along with Sami to help maximize CR7's scoring going forward. Hopefully Sarri finds the right combination to help the GOAT.
:jflag:

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Ronaldo's convertion rate in league campaigns this past decade

2009/2010: 12%
2010/2011: 16%
2011/2012: 17%
2012/2013: 14%
2013/2014: 14%
2014/2015: 21%
2015/2016: 15%

Messi's 17% (Never gone down 17% this past decade - usually above 20%) is enough to match or surpass 8 of Ronaldo's 9 seasons. And he's to most extreme case, because he's the closest to Ronaldo in terms of shots per game. Usually prolific stirkers stay above 20%.
Shot conversion rate is not a very good way of measuring how good a finisher ronaldo is since he takes shots from insane distances and angles that no other player would even dream of trying.
There were periods where he would take a shot as soon as there was the smallest sight of goal even if he was closer to the half way line than the goal itself.

In contrast, someone like icardi would only shoot when he’s in the 6 yard box and had maybe a 70%+ chance of scoring. That doesn’t mean he’s a better finisher than Ronaldo as Ronaldo would probably finish every chance Icardi takes in the box too.

There’s no way a player can score 50+ goals for 6 seasons in a row (sometimes 60) and be bad at finishing. Lol what?

Using those very same stats you posted, Icardi is a better finisher then Messi?

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Juventus + the most defensive league in the world + our lack of skill in the last third isn't really optimal for scoring goals. If there's anybody who can pull it off, it's him and there ain't nobody else in this world who could do any better and that's by looking the qualities he has.

End of story.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's the sheer amount of chances he creates as well
absolutely. Ronaldo is no finesse finisher like Dybala or clinical finisher like Icardi but it doesn't prevent him being possibly the greatest goal scorer of all time through sheer insane will and unmatchable physicality.

He does blow a load of chances, especially in early season games, but he creates many of them himself and he also is the ultimate clutch scorer in big European games.

Youtube his hattrick against Atletico and tell me that aint GOAT tier clutchness.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Juventus + the most defensive league in the world + our lack of skill in the last third isn't really optimal for scoring goals. If there's anybody who can pull it off, it's him and there ain't nobody else in this world who could do any better and that's by looking the qualities he has.

End of story.
No .... this is not the full story ,

We have Ronaldos ...the one can score which is yes you are right , lack of service as you mentioned is the reason about that , I agree ...

but the other Ronaldo , that who gave up the ball easily once it's with him, the one who can't dribble , send the ball backward , the one who just get rid of the ball once he is in trouble .... this is Ronaldo i start to not to like ....

and believe me , this pattern going on for while now

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

We have Ronaldos ...the one can score which is yes you are right , lack of service as you mentioned is the reason about that , I agree ...

but the other Ronaldo , that who gave up the ball easily once it's with him, the one who can't dribble , send the ball backward , the one who just get rid of the ball once he is in trouble .... this is Ronaldo i start to not to like ....

Ronaldo is the leastest of our leastest problems dude.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

The problem with Ronaldo is that he shouldn't be anywhere else on the pitch than finishing the chances. I mean, you can look back our comeback game against Atletico in UCL for example, the first header he scored was like 15th attempt to cross the ball, but Ronaldo was first time in the box receiving it instead of crossing it. In Real Madrid, he was on the left as long as Marcelo got up there as well, then he was providing from that left side and if not, they had someone else on the left, Vasquez, Carvajal or something. Now, we have AS on the left, Then we have nobody on the right and then we have Khedira, Matuidi etc on the middlefield, so he needs to be part of the link up play as well, he needs to take the main role on the left and on top of that, people expect him to score goals with zero service.

I mean, how stupid you can be to make a 34 year old player dribble anybody, when he has all the tools to finish better than anybody in this world? Like, what's the point? If you could nail all the 3p throws in Basketball, why would you do something else? If you're the best pianist in the world, why would you play drums? He needs to be finishing those chances, he shouldn't be part of our middlefield just because there's Khedira, Matuidi and co in there. He shouldn't be on the left side nothing else but receiving the ball in there, so there's time for AS to come up and send the ball into the box or passing it to someone else, who passes it to someone else who passes it to Ronaldo. Everytime Ronaldo tries to dribble or do something else than attempting to score a goal, it's away from getting the absolute best out of him. I understand if you're Messi/Dybala or anybody else, you're tiny and the best way you to score goals is to be part of the attack from the deep, then slowly approaching towards enemy goal and then coming from a second wave and having your chances, just because your physique and you have no other way but he's Ronaldo, he shouldn't be tied for anything else than scoring those goals. Apparently, we're too weak on the last third so he spends way more time out of the scoring sectors than he should, then on top of that we're struggeling to even get the ball into the box if he manages to get there and that's the problem, so it creates that dilemma that he probably doesn't even want to be around the box as much he would like to, just because he knows things doesn't get done.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Ronaldo's convertion rate in league campaigns this past decade

2009/2010: 12%
2010/2011: 16%
2011/2012: 17%
2012/2013: 14%
2013/2014: 14%
2014/2015: 21%
2015/2016: 15%

So what? We all laughed at him and Real, when they looked like amateurs for the first half of the 2017/2018 season, and Ronaldo scored an embarrassing minimal amount of goals.

The last part of the season they got real and won the CL. Ronaldo was the top goalscorer with 15 goals.

They only got third plays in La Liga, but Ronaldo managed to score 25 goals which was the second highest. Pretty great from a person who scored shit for the first part of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)