Cristiano Ronaldo (152 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
He sucked today, CR7 is a player that can create miracles and make the difference.
OK we cannot expect that in every game, esp for a man at his age, but today, he purely and simply sucked even at basic things, he didn't even deliver the normally expected input from every player...
Cronios watching Juve games high again.

He played very well apart from scoring. He would've gotten two if Danilo and Higuain passed the ball to him when he was completely free in both occasions.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
He sucked today, CR7 is a player that can create miracles and make the difference.
OK we cannot expect that in every game, esp for a man at his age, but today, he purely and simply sucked even at basic things, he didn't even deliver the normally expected input from every player...
He kept it simple and most of his play was neat link-up. He was involved in the 2nd goal too. He even almost scored at the end with a great solo run.

He was quiet but to say he sucked is a bit too far. He played as well as he could've given the circumstances.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
What chances? thats 2 matches in row now where had nothing. He dribbles half the team himself and curls a shot that just skins the post and ur whining that he didnt win us the match:lol: You buy Ronaldo to get him on the end of chances and score you big goals but you surround him with utter shite and donkeys with no serivce.
For that you buy guys like Icunti. The GOAT has to create for himself if the donkeys don't provide him with assists. Age finally catching up i guess.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
What chances? thats 2 matches in row now where had nothing. He dribbles half the team himself and curls a shot that just skins the post and ur whining that he didnt win us the match:lol: You buy Ronaldo to get him on the end of chances and score you big goals but you surround him with utter shite and donkeys with no serivce.
I don't give a fuck if Ronaldo gets chances or not, I care if we win and how we perform. If he draws two defenders and leaves space for Higuain or whoever to score, then that's fine by me. We're 4 games into the season, played decently away from home against top opposition, and our new players are not even on the pitch yet. Forgive me if I take these things as positive signs under a new coach trying to implement a different system.

Relax.

And since you asked, yes, Ronaldo was bought to create his own chances and score them. That's the whole point of him.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Criticising Ronaldo lol. Guy led a team to 3 CLs in a row just before joining us to get outscored by Quags at Sampdoria and people think the best CL scorer of all time is the problem.

No, our midfield is shit and we create fuck all for CR. Hopefully Ramsey and Rabiot can both get into the starting XI and stay fit for the main games or we'll fail again, CR will demand to fuck off and probably go back to scoring 40 goals a season until he's approaching 40

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Stop being fan boys, tonight he sucked, i believe he is man enough to admit it himself.
He lost countless balls, controls, dribbles and shoots, this is not CR7
Yes, he did not get a lot of service, but he sucked, even when he did

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Criticising Ronaldo lol. Guy led a team to 3 CLs in a row just before joining us to get outscored by Quags at Sampdoria and people think the best CL scorer of all time is the problem.

No, our midfield is shit and we create fuck all for CR. Hopefully Ramsey and Rabiot can both get into the starting XI and stay fit for the main games or we'll fail again, CR will demand to fuck off and probably go back to scoring 40 goals a season until he's approaching 40
Nobody said he is "the problem" at all. I am so glad we have him, but I hate seeing this fanboy shit where everyone dawdles over him and complains that he doesn't get service or chances. I'm sure at this point that at least 98% of this forum knows our midfield is the cause of our issues ("our new players are not even on the pitch yet" were my exact words), but never would I frame that issue of the starting 11 having a poor midfield as "surround him with utter shite and donkeys with no serivce," as that is clearly Ronaldo-centric.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
For that you buy guys like Icunti. The GOAT has to create for himself if the donkeys don't provide him with assists. Age finally catching up i guess.
He does create chances for himself by hes movement or aerial play which is the best in the game and bits of magic now and then like tonight almost but that also requires players in midfield that cant actually provide a final pass. It seems like u have misunderstood what ronaldo is last 4 years. But good to know that Ronaldo needs to dribble past 2 or 3 players and score himself every game to not be out scored by a midtable player here...Maybe you should of bought Lukaku instead.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He does create chances for himself by hes movement or aerial play which is the best in the game but that also requires players in midfield that cant actually provide a final pass It seems like u have misunderstood what ronaldo is last 4 years. But im glad to know that Ronaldo needs to dribble past 2 or 3 players and score himself every game to not be out scored by a mid table player here Meybe you should of bought Lukaku instead.
I really haven't, it's just too easy to rile you up at the moment :p

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
Ronaldo was never going to replicate his Real Madrid numbers (Over 1 goal a game). Real Madrid were stupidly offensive when he played for them, and created a lot for him.

29 goals in 47 games for Juventus, about 0.6 goals per game. That's where he's at throughout his Portugal and Manchester United career. Get used to it.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Ronaldo was never going to replicate his Real Madrid numbers (Over 1 goal a game). Real Madrid were stupidly offensive when he played for them, and created a lot for him.

29 goals in 47 games for Juventus, about 0.6 goals per game. That's where he's at throughout his Portugal and Manchester United career. Get used to it.
For Portugal he has had sub standard teammates for the majority of the time and for Man Utd he wasn’t a goalscorer by trade until his last 2 seasons (not to mention being extremely young).

Since Portugal’s team improved and Santos became coach, he has scored 42 goals in 45 games so in reality he doesn’t need an ultra offensive set up to get 40 goals per season. He just needs decent enough service which he doesn’t really get here.

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
For Portugal he has had sub standard teammates for the majority of the time and for Man Utd he wasn’t a goalscorer by trade until his last 2 seasons (not to mention being extremely young).

Since Portugal’s team improved and Santos became coach, he has scored 42 goals in 45 games so in reality he doesn’t need an ultra offensive set up to get 40 goals per season. He just needs decent enough service which he doesn’t really get here.

Ronaldo's uniqueness is his relentlessness. A lot of players can read the offensive play, but not a lot, if any, have the drive to be there every single time. It takes a lot physically and mentally. There were games in his prime where he had 15 shots a game.

But there's also a downside. He's not a very good finisher. You can check the stats. He's the most wasteful striker in Europe this past decade.

Meaning, you need to create a lot for him and you'll get your goals. It'll take years to transform Juventus to suit Ronaldo.

We're talking about not only changing players (The Matuidi's and the Khedira's), but also changing the culture of the club.

Funny as it sounds, his best scoring season for Juventus will probably be when he's 37/38.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Ronaldo's uniqueness is his relentlessness. A lot of players can read the offensive play, but not a lot, if any, have the drive to be there every single time. It takes a lot physically and mentally. There were games in his prime where he had 15 shots a game.

But there's also a downside. He's not a very good finisher. You can check the stats. He's the most wasteful striker in Europe this past decade.

Meaning, you need to create a lot for him and you'll get your goals. It'll take years to transform Juventus to suit Ronaldo.

We're talking about not only changing players (The Matuidi's and the Khedira's), but also changing the culture of the club.

Funny as it sounds, his best scoring season for Juventus will probably be when he's 37/38.
FFS:lol: which stats do you mean show us them ?

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
FFS:lol: which stats do you mean show us them ?
Ronaldo's convertion rate in league campaigns this past decade

2009/2010: 12%
2010/2011: 16%
2011/2012: 17%
2012/2013: 14%
2013/2014: 14%
2014/2015: 21%
2015/2016: 15%
2016/2017: 15%
2017/2018: 14%

Top scorers in 2017/2018 across leagues

Salah: 22%
Messi: 17%
Lewa: 20%
Icardi: 28%
Cavani: 26%

Messi's 17% (Never gone down 17% this past decade - usually above 20%) is enough to match or surpass 8 of Ronaldo's 9 seasons. And he's to most extreme case, because he's the closest to Ronaldo in terms of shots per game. Usually prolific stirkers stay above 20%.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

Messi's 17% (Never gone down 17% this past decade - usually above 20%) is enough to match or surpass 8 of Ronaldo's 9 seasons. And he's to most extreme case, because he's the closest to Ronaldo in terms of shots per game. Usually prolific stirkers stay above 20%.
I wanna see stats for Higuain.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018

Covertion rates are based off how many shots you take which its a terrible way to prove how good a finsher someone is because we all know ronaldo for example takes shots from miles out alot of the time same as messi as there good at making space for shots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)