Cristiano Ronaldo (68 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Comments
Cristiano Ronaldo felt Juventus struggling to beat Hellas Verona was “only normal” after the Champions League efforts.
“The referee didn’t give the penalty, it doesn’t matter, I thought it was a penalty,” Ronaldo told Sky Sport Italia after a 2-1 victory.
“The important thing is that the team won, we were tired after the Champions League, which is only natural after the travelling, the intense match in Madrid, but we were able to get it done.”
Ronaldo was asked about the gesture he made when skimming the woodwork in the final minute of that 2-2 draw against Atleti, towards the crowd suggesting they were nervous.
“People like to talk rubbish. That’s all. There are too many stupid people.”

:lol: :tup:

rainhard

May 5, 2004
The problem with Ronaldo is that he shouldn't be anywhere else on the pitch than finishing the chances. I mean, you can look back our comeback game against Atletico in UCL for example, the first header he scored was like 15th attempt to cross the ball, but Ronaldo was first time in the box receiving it instead of crossing it. In Real Madrid, he was on the left as long as Marcelo got up there as well, then he was providing from that left side and if not, they had someone else on the left, Vasquez, Carvajal or something. Now, we have AS on the left, Then we have nobody on the right and then we have Khedira, Matuidi etc on the middlefield, so he needs to be part of the link up play as well, he needs to take the main role on the left and on top of that, people expect him to score goals with zero service.

I mean, how stupid you can be to make a 34 year old player dribble anybody, when he has all the tools to finish better than anybody in this world? Like, what's the point? If you could nail all the 3p throws in Basketball, why would you do something else? If you're the best pianist in the world, why would you play drums? He needs to be finishing those chances, he shouldn't be part of our middlefield just because there's Khedira, Matuidi and co in there. He shouldn't be on the left side nothing else but receiving the ball in there, so there's time for AS to come up and send the ball into the box or passing it to someone else, who passes it to someone else who passes it to Ronaldo. Everytime Ronaldo tries to dribble or do something else than attempting to score a goal, it's away from getting the absolute best out of him. I understand if you're Messi/Dybala or anybody else, you're tiny and the best way you to score goals is to be part of the attack from the deep, then slowly approaching towards enemy goal and then coming from a second wave and having your chances, just because your physique and you have no other way but he's Ronaldo, he shouldn't be tied for anything else than scoring those goals. Apparently, we're too weak on the last third so he spends way more time out of the scoring sectors than he should, then on top of that we're struggeling to even get the ball into the box if he manages to get there and that's the problem, so it creates that dilemma that he probably doesn't even want to be around the box as much he would like to, just because he knows things doesn't get done.
Because he is not Icardi.

Based on your vision, then we will be better if we have Icardi and discard CR7 altogether

He played like that because he free to do anything he want to make our game on

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Considering he’s the all-time leader in CL assists... i’d say there’s a decent chance he’d pass if he saw his teammate had a tap-in...
Yes if he is already in the scoresheet. With 1 goal or >=3 goals

But if he is on 2 goals, he definitely shoot it because that is the chance for hattrick

As easy as that

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Renegade

Sep 15, 2019
Don't think many would doubt that Napoli is the better fit for him. He loves Ancelotti and Napoli plays a much more attacking brand of football, he'll easily get his 40+ goals and can probably surpass Maradona's legacy, things he usually care about. Juventus is filled with old farts and are barely holding on, the strategy is to just scrape through; badly need a transition. I think the window of opportunity for Juventus to win UCL has sadly passed, Ronaldo was in the way.

He made a wise decision about leaving a flat-lining club in RM but made the mistake in joining another declining one in Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)