Cristiano Ronaldo (104 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
And not only because you haven't seen them play but the way of defending and butchering that was allowed on the old generation of players doesn't give equal playing conditions for comparing stats.
Today's primadonas like Messi, Neymar, Cristiano are protected by the refs and allowed to pump the stats up.
Cristiano and Messi playing in top form for 20 years is to be admired but not be kicked 15 times during a single game helps a lot.
True. It used to be almost impossible to get a red card in the old days.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
His fanboys will defend his actions - Oh, he loves the shirt, he's a born winner and was angry because he wants to win so much. These are the same fanboys that will say the complete opposite had another player committed the same action.

Hypocrites!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
His fanboys will defend his actions - Oh, he loves the shirt, he's a born winner and was angry because he wants to win so much. These are the same fanboys that will say the complete opposite had another player committed the same action.

Hypocrites!
? he threw his shirt to a ball boy who asked for it... what the fuck are you rambling about?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I've only ever seen post ACL Del Piero and it was still inspirational as fuck both on and off the pitch
Oh, he was still fucking magic, a wizard with the ball. But that 97-98 Del Piero at 22-23 years old would have been contender for greatest of all time if he had continued like that. He never had the same speed and agility post-tear, I think he’s talked about it iirc, improving in other ways to make up for it... he’s a genius and all-time great regardless, but combining his technical wizardry with his pre-injury athleticism and I think he would have kept up those 30+ goal seasons for years to come. And we’d definitely have more CL titles right now. :sigh:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Fuckin ACL has cost the world two potentially GOAT careers of ADP and R9. The real El Clasico couldve been Juve-Inter and Serie A the richest league.

Impossible to know what else couldve been but I guess we shall be grateful for whatever we did get.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
? he threw his shirt to a ball boy who asked for it... what the fuck are you rambling about?
Really? You believe that storyline? Someone who was actually at the stadium and saw the incident reported otherwise. It was on Twitter I think, if you're interested in digging it up.

All I'm saying is let's not be hypocrites and find excuses and justification when one player behaves in an unbecoming fashion and then proceed to chastise another player when he does the same thing.

I'm not saying you're a hypocrite, but I do know a few members who would flip the script to suit their narrative.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Also, 97-98 Del Piero was amazing. I really thought we were going to win the CL that year - I also thought the same in 97.

Too bad Del Piero couldn't help Italy at the 98 WC - Baggio clearly outshone him in that tournament (perhaps DP was fatigued or carrying an injury). It didn't help that Italy were eliminated on penalties by the frogs in the QFs.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Really? You believe that storyline? Someone who was actually at the stadium and saw the incident reported otherwise. It was on Twitter I think, if you're interested in digging it up.

All I'm saying is let's not be hypocrites and find excuses and justification when one player behaves in an unbecoming fashion and then proceed to chastise another player when he does the same thing.

I'm not saying you're a hypocrite, but I do know a few members who would flip the script to suit their narrative.
I’m supposed to believe some random Twitter user now? :shifty:

Chill on the Ronaldo stuff you been going on about the past few days. You acting like Juve92 and that Lacksalot fellow in the Dybala thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)