Cristiano Ronaldo (73 Viewers)

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
His inability at free-kicks is a mystery.

A player who can strike the ball perfectly and has the attitude that you know will practice them over and over really shouldn't be hitting the wall every single time. It is bizarre.
It might sound weird, but his inability to regularly score from free kicks is quite organic for him. Most of the great free-kick takers have that free-flowing improvisation in their style of playing, while Ronaldo is more about being a perfect machine, with a strict operating system, that lacks the necessary option to relax and improvise. Even when he scores from free kicks, his free kicks are usually quite direct and simple in terms of their geometry. Yes, they might be powerful and precise, but still, it's a different kind of goals compared to what, say, Dybala can deliver when he has a chance.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It might sound weird, but his inability to regularly score from free kicks is quite organic for him. Most of the great free-kick takers have that free-flowing improvisation in their style of playing, while Ronaldo is more about being a perfect machine, with a strict operating system, that lacks the necessary option to relax and improvise. Even when he scores from free kicks, his free kicks are usually quite direct and simple in terms of their geometry. Yes, they might be powerful and precise, but still, it's a different kind of goals compared to what, say, Dybala can deliver when he has a chance.
I disagree. Creativity and improvisation is a great bonus indeed, for example DP could score any way he wanted, GKs didnt know wtf to expect (improvisation), BUT there were certain spots where everyone and their mother knew where and how he will shoot and aint nothing nobody could do about it going in (mechanical).

I cant explain Ronaldo's fks either. It's weird for sure.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I disagree. Creativity and improvisation is a great bonus indeed, DP could score any way he wanted, GKs didnt know wtf to expect BUT there were certain spots where everyone and their mother knew where and how he will shoot and aint nothing nobody could do about it (mechanical).
My point wasn't about creativity and improvisation when performing free kicks, making them unpredictable every time, but rather about those qualities as parts of general player's style that enable his ability to score free kicks as well. It looks like it's tied to the muscular level. CR7 is always quite rigid and tense, which makes him highly effective at what he's highly effective at (especially those stunning headers would be impossible without it), but at the same time limits him at what requires different physical conditions / abilities, such as free kicks.

Jan 10, 2021
I mean, he runs about half what the other players run. Of couse he's better rested than the rest.
This isn't true bernadeshit does nothing same for bentancur only mckennie,chiesa run all the time ,Sandro runs too but makes useless decisions and for cr7 being fit at 36 and still running deserves some credit. I see no reason why dybala should be injured all the time

Jan 10, 2021
It's time to leave , it was pleasure seeing him playing for Juve but our squad got weaker , so we got him at the wrong time .
it's like having Ferrari , but at the same time you're homeless .

Let's sell him save 60m and sign some better midfielders , next year go all in for Haaland .

EDIT : btw he sucks @ freekicks , can't score them for shit .
He is a good freekicks taker but has lost his steps ,to say he is not good at all is a myth

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
so in 29 appearances he has 26 goals and 3 assists. what an absolute monster of a player. what make him even more of a monster is that he is playing with barely a functioning team.

imagine he had a proper team around him. he'd be at 30+ goals already easy.

Jan 10, 2021
You fixed nothing but your self,he is good but he is no longer in his prime,who has the most UCL freekicks? He has 50+ freekicks but his conversion ratio has been less this few years but to say his entire career he is a bad at it is a myth

- - - Updated - - -

Don't take my word for it. Look at the stats, you dumb piece of shit.
What stat? Show me the false stat pls ,cos it seems you don't watch juve matches

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. He is good. He needs to take 50 fk to score one :lol:
He is still the only player with the most freekicks in UCL history and has scored freekicks in the
UCL
World cup.
EPL
Laliga
Series a
Club world cup etc .yeah he has lost some steps and dybala should comeback and take them but the jewel keeps getting injured

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
You fixed nothing but your self,he is good but he is no longer in his prime,who has the most UCL freekicks? He has 50+ freekicks but his conversion ratio has been less this few years but to say his entire career he is a bad at it is a myth

- - - Updated - - -

What stat? Show me the false stat pls ,cos it seems you don't watch juve matches
Are you a Ronaldo fanboy by any chance?

His freekick conversion rate is utter shit.
Worst freekick taker we've ever had. Who gives a fuck about the past, he's been shit for years now.

Sure he has scored, but that's because he's had about 1.000.000 attempts.

Jan 10, 2021
Are you a Ronaldo fanboy by any chance?

His freekick conversion rate is utter shit.
Worst freekick taker we've ever had. Who gives a fuck about the past, he's been shit for years now.

Sure he has scored, but that's because he's had about 1.000.000 attempts.
Lol 1000.00 attempt ,lol am not a cr7 fan boy but why rely on freekicks instead of talking of creativity and besides no dybala to share the duty so what's the fuss. He really sucks currently at freekicks but that's not the major problem of juventus for Christ sakes Bayern has not scored a single freekicks this season but they keep scoring 5-6 goals a game.why can't this club buy creative midfielders

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
so in 29 appearances he has 26 goals and 3 assists. what an absolute monster of a player. what make him even more of a monster is that he is playing with barely a functioning team.

imagine he had a proper team around him. he'd be at 30+ goals already easy.
Sounds like he would just need Marcelo...or just every free kick given inside the box on the spot.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I hope he decides to leave at the end of the season. There's no point wasting 30m on a 36-year old version of him when the rest of the squad is mid-table level.

He already gave us a huge marketing boost and it's truly an honor to have him play in our team and be part of our history, but it's time to move on and start building a proper team like we used to do pre-Higuaín deal.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I hope he decides to leave at the end of the season. There's no point wasting 30m on a 36-year old version of him when the rest of the squad is mid-table level.

He already gave us a huge marketing boost and it's truly an honor to have him play in our team and be part of our history, but it's time to move on and start building a proper team like we used to do pre-Higuaín deal.
The only problem is that there is no one build the team. I mean there are people but they don't know what to do.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's time to leave , it was pleasure seeing him playing for Juve but our squad got weaker , so we got him at the wrong time .
it's like having Ferrari , but at the same time you're homeless .

Let's sell him save 60m and sign some better midfielders , next year go all in for Haaland .

EDIT : btw he sucks @ freekicks , can't score them for shit .
Hes not the problem. The guy who scores almost every game hardly is someone you should point your finger at, when trying to identify culprit. The real culprits sit a bit higher in the stands, employees who keep buying players without character and with questionable talent, who fail to recognize our priorities time and again.

Too much money has been squandered in recent years, while our midfield has never looked worse, devoid of any creativity, character, grit. If someone is consistently making bad decisions, having more money at disposal wont fix it. In fact, they would have more resources for even more mistakes.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The only problem is that there is no one build the team. I mean there are people but they don't know what to do.
Agreed but I'll take that chance. This current team isn't winning jack shit.

A complete overhaul is needed. We need full backs, an entire midfield, and a strong bench. You cannot build anything serious when Cristiano takes +30m off your budget year in year out. And it's not even the unstoppable CR7, he's 36 years old.

Also, his weakass teammates are so terrified of him to the point they pass the ball to him even if a shot at goal is clearly the best option. I've seen it way too many times this season, specially without Dybala featuring a lot.

Let's help him get his capocannoniere title and start building a 'team'.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Agreed but I'll take that chance. This current team isn't winning jack shit.

A complete overhaul is needed. We need full backs, an entire midfield, and a strong bench. You cannot build anything serious when Cristiano takes +30m off your budget year in year out. And it's not even the unstoppable CR7, he's 36 years old.

Also, his weakass teammates are so terrified of him to the point they pass the ball to him even if a shot at goal is clearly the best option. I've seen it way too many times this season, specially without Dybala featuring a lot.

Let's help him get his capocannoniere title and start building a 'team'.
It's mot a risk to be taken. It's guaranteed failure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)