Cristiano Ronaldo (126 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I saw him pressing every now and then. That's not "pressing like crazy".

Ronaldo ran 9 KM. That's not the stats of a player who's pressing for 90 minutes.
At his age he should not be pressing like a madman anyways, and wasting his energy.

What Juve should do is to field players that are good enough to press for him and serve him so he can carry us with goals.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Forget CL, this scudetto ship is sinking fast and someone needs to step up. I have big expectations for CR these last games. On top of goals, also counting on him to provide some leadership on the pitch as these players look disoriented and fatigued.

I don´t feel Sarri is connecting with the team when we have these collapses and we need someone to guide them through.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Didn't they win zero trophies last season?
But he won 4 CLs there... this is his second year here and so far he won a very easy expected Serie A title and this year it’s not even guaranteed that he’s winning anything. He’s honestly one of the best professional athletes to ever wear this shirt. I’m so grateful we are witnessing his talent in our colours, he doesn’t deserve all the mediocrity around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But he won 4 CLs there... this is his second year here and so far he won a very easy expected Serie A title and this year it’s not even guaranteed that he’s winning anything. He’s honestly one of the best professional athletes to ever wear this shirt. I’m so grateful we are witnessing his talent in our colours, he doesn’t deserve all the mediocrity around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup.

Simply the truth.

If this slackers were half as proffesional as him we would be cruising the league.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
add ronaldo to that team. still zero trophies? still no ballon d'or?
I'm not sure, they finished so far behind. He makes a big difference but difficult to say.

Ballon D'Or is normally always based around CL success. They might have won it 4 times in a row, but just as easy to say they wouldn't. I know Messi won it last season but I suppose 50 goals plus CL SF and La Liga win is enough with his reputation. They are loathe to give it to defenders if there is another option.

Ronaldo could have stayed in Madrid and scored more goals there than he does here but I think we always knew that was going to happen.

Last edited:

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
The crazy thing is that he's way past his prime.

I'd say that if his Late Man United career and early Madrid career are him at 100% peak... he's currently at 30% this season.

And he's still top 10 player in attack. I'd say only Lewa, Beznema, Aguero, Dybala, Immobile, Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Mane and Salah are better than him right now.

james95

Sep 2, 2018

I'd say that if his Late Man United career and early Madrid career are him at 100% peak... he's currently at 30% this season.

And he's still top 10 player in attack. I'd say only Lewa, Beznema, Aguero, Dybala, Immobile, Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Mane and Salah are better than him right now.

More than half of those players really aren't better than him right now.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
The only one who are debatable are Aguero (who was injured a lot) and Immobile because they're probably heading to a trophyless season. But on a random night I'll pick them to perform better. All the rest had a better season.
I wholly disagree. How have Salah & Mane had better seasons? Mbappe and Neymar barely played half a season and they play in a poorer league that's already top heavy. Also, put Ronaldo in a team like Bayern's and he at least scores as much as Lewandowski if not more as he's better than him in every facet of scoring (heading, penalties, anticipation, dexterity, finishing, etc). I will admit Lewandowski has been better this season though because of the team aspect...Yet ronaldo could surprisingly still catch him as he's only 6 goals behind. I won't compare him with Dybala as they bring different things to the team. So that leaves Benzema and Messi with the latter not really being that good since the restart. The game against Sassuolo was actually the first time Ronaldo hadn't scored or assisted in a serie a match since Nov/Dec.

Last edited:

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
I wholly disagree. How have Salah & Mane had better seasons? Mbappe and Neymar barely played half a season and they play in a poorer league that's already top heavy. Also, put Ronaldo in a team like Bayern's and he at least scores as much as Lewandowski if not more as he's better than him in every facet of scoring (heading, penalties, anticipation, dexterity, finishing, etc). I will admit Lewandowski has been better this season though because of the team aspect...Yet ronaldo could surprisingly still catch him as he's only 6 goals behind. I won't compare him with Dybala as they bring different things to the team. So that leaves Benzema and Messi.
It's a matter of opinion... All I'll say is that I actually watch them all play. I'm not just throwing names.

Jun 16, 2020
He’s still very productive in terms of goals/assist, but obviously is way past his prime. Rarely dominates the pitch for 90 minutes, already had the same at Real Madrid imo, but always finds a way to score. For now he remains one of our most important players, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets frustrating to see him after 2 other years when age will get him. And he should stop taking free kicks, it’s costing us goals.

Also one of our players that doesn’t suit Sarriball, although his first touch is really good, as is his passing, but he’s no tiki-taka player.

Now get on fire please in the CL.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Lewandowski is the only one who had a better season than Ronaldo.
This is one of the most garbage football takes I've ever read, on Tuz or otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)