Cristiano Ronaldo (121 Viewers)

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
The sample size for that is really only 2 seasons though if we're just taking into consideration his Madrid years. Even then, he never played more than 27-29 league games in those seasons with Madrid focusing more on the CL which inadvertently meant he mainly played the stronger teams whenever he featured in the league so didn't have the opportunity to stat pad. Here in Italy, he plays both weak and strong and the outcome is the same - barely any service.

With a far more creative midfield and better Fbs, there's no doubt his volume of goals would increase dramatically.
Yup.

I hate do to it, but don't count penalties and you'll see the story:

His worst scoring season in Madrid ratio wise... was 2016/2017 with 35 non-penalty goals in 45 games. That's about 0.75 non-penalty goals per-game.

This season he has 20 non-penalty goals in 39 games.

Last season here he had 22 in 43.

So, still think he's doing fine?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Ronaldo hasn’t scored more than 26 goals in La Liga since 2015-16. The days where he would put 50-60 goals a season are long gone.
In fairness he was left out of alot of those "easy" la liga games during zidanes time to be rested for Cl games. He is playing alot more here but your right he was never scoring 60 goals here thats just silly for people to expect that.
The only reason he is behind immobile in the scoring charts is mainly the midfield but also those couple of months he played injured early on this year which hurt him.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
In fairness he was left out of alot of those "easy" la liga games during zidanes time to be rested for Cl games. He is playing alot more here but your right he was never scoring 60 goals here thats just silly for people to expect that.
The only reason he is behind immobile in the scoring charts is mainly the midfield but also those couple of months he played injured early on this year which hurt him.
I think his league goal tally has been exceptional, but our performances in the CL have been so lacking that he only has 2 goals in that competition. Yes, but at Real he had Benzema, Marcelo and Isco whose main role was to feed him as much as possible. He has nowhere that kind of support now.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
I think his league goal tally has been exceptional, but our performances in the CL have been so lacking that he only has 2 goals in that competition. Yes, but at Real he had Benzema, Marcelo and Isco whose main role was to feed him as much as possible. He has nowhere that kind of support now.
Him and Dybala are starting to work very nicely together and the midfield and football has been far better lately with matuidi out of it there just a shame it took Sarri so long to see that.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Him and Dybala are starting to work very nicely together and the midfield and football has been far better lately with matuidi out of it there just a shame it took Sarri so long to see that.
Don't get me started on that guy. Hopefully he's shipped off to Qatar or China at the end of the season along with Khedira. I really hope we can get another midfielder. Rabiot, Arthur, Bentancur and SMS/Tonali would be a pretty good midfield.

May 23, 2013
Expecting CR to score as many as he did for Real is crazy:

1. Real had better midfielders
2. Spanish football is more open
3. He was younger
Yeah not to mention Madrid could afford to save him for the CL. In 2016/17 they somehow managed to win the league with Ronaldo in 29/38 games. He also came off the bench quite a few times that season.

Zidane was lucky to have such a powerful team, but also wise and courageous to manage CR7's playtime like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Simple really, we have the worst coach we have had since the Del Neri days.
Lol cm'on, it's not as though we improved with him joining under Allegri. Juve last season was molested by Atalanta in the Copa quarters, went out to Ajax kids in the CL and had a lesser point tally than the 2018 season. The decline was clear. Though that's not to imply it was at all CR7's fault. Decline in the quality of overall squad performance (primarily midfield) was most responsible for that.

Last edited:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Gut scores in 5 straight games..."we dont know how to use him!!!!!"
He set a 60 year recor at Juve. our d was horrible today and thats due to alot of issues
:tup:
He's 35 and en route to beating the all time Juve record for goals scored in one season. The record was set in 1926 when some Hungarian striker scored 35 goals in all competitions. Ronaldo's at 30 goals with at least 8 matches to go till season's over, and possibly with 11 matches till the end.
Knowing him, he'll beat this record.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Straight swap for that overrated Yank? No, thank you. I mean Pulisic is a good player, but no way should we be considering giving assets for him.
I’d take the next great thing for an over the hill has been. It’s not like we’re winning CL with this team in the next couple years so ronaldo is being wasted.

but imagine pulisic and Dybala, that’s the future. The new Messi-Neymar duo.

- - - Updated - - -

Pulusic would be a huge money market move. As an American I dont really want to see it bc Im not sure he would adapt well
I think he’s talented enough to do well anywhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 104)