Cristiano Ronaldo (160 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What's your outlook on the season? Do you see us going far in the CL?
Depends on who we draw. We might scrape results all the way into the semis because this team is very experienced and knows how to grind a win (no thanks to Sarri its what he inherited). But I imagine every one of those games will be a near heart attack until we eventually meet a better team that will bulldoze us. Lots of the top teams look weak this year so in this sense we have a chance.

In short my outlook is the same as last season or slightly worse. Worse because of the added disappointment that Sarri hasnt fixed our attacking problems when it was supposed to be his main point of strength. If he doesnt give us that, then what does he give us?

If our attack suddenly starts clicking then my outlook will change. I have a feeling it wont.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
The problem is not our attack but our midfield. Ronaldo, Higuain and Dybala can easily play with one another CR7 left , Gonzalo middle and let run Paulo where he wants
Playing with Berna, Emre Can , Khedira is a problem. We need an Allan , a Kante even a Ndombele In one word workhorses with some technique around Pjanic. We missing this kind of players. The first 3 mentioned are to slow and Berna keeps the ball to long and get confused what to do. Bentancur played well , the only one
I think Sarri is afraid to play the Napoli system for that reason. Another mistake in my opinion CR7 plays bad take him out. Zidane did it in Madrid.
Don't forget he is getting older and it is easy to score goals against Lituania or Luxembourg.In Italy the teams play mostly defense against us and there is less space, but I agree we play to slow but For that I blame mostly our midfield.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The problem is not our attack but our midfield. Ronaldo, Higuain and Dybala can easily play with one another CR7 left , Gonzalo middle and let run Paulo where he wants
Playing with Berna, Emre Can , Khedira is a problem. We need an Allan , a Kante even a Ndombele In one word workhorses with some technique around Pjanic. We missing this kind of players. The first 3 mentioned are to slow and Berna keeps the ball to long and get confused what to do. Bentancur played well , the only one
I think Sarri is afraid to play the Napoli system for that reason. Another mistake in my opinion CR7 plays bad take him out. Zidane did it in Madrid.
Don't forget he is getting older and it is easy to score goals against Lituania or Luxembourg.In Italy the teams play mostly defense against us and there is less space, but I agree we play to slow but For that I blame mostly our midfield.
We all agree the midfield could be better on paper but so far he has added Rabiot and Ramsey to his midfield options compared to what Allegri had and the quality of offensive play is pretty much the same. I don't buy the excuse of not having good enough players in midfield. I am not expecting him to make them perform like prime Xavi and Iniesta, I am expecting them to perform better than Brozovic and Sensi. He is not getting enough out of the players he has.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Depends on who we draw. We might scrape results all the way into the semis because this team is very experienced and knows how to grind a win (no thanks to Sarri its what he inherited). But I imagine every one of those games will be a near heart attack until we eventually meet a better team that will bulldoze us. Lots of the top teams look weak this year so in this sense we have a chance.

In short my outlook is the same as last season or slightly worse. Worse because of the added disappointment that Sarri hasnt fixed our attacking problems when it was supposed to be his main point of strength. If he doesnt give us that, then what does he give us?

If our attack suddenly starts clicking then my outlook will change. I have a feeling it wont.
I think that Liverpool would crush us, but against any other team we have a good chance. This includes City, their defence is a total joke.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Some here going the extra mile in this thread to defend CR, and it just baffles me. He is a goat, no doubt about it. But atm we are a better team with Dybala-Gonsalo starting, and I don't think it's even close. He needs to sort himself out, he is a goat after all.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Some here going the extra mile in this thread to defend CR, and it just baffles me. He is a goat, no doubt about it. But atm we are a better team with Dybala-Gonsalo starting, and I don't think it's even close. He needs to sort himself out, he is a goat after all.
Won't pass judgement until I see how the 2nd half of the season turns out (also the Supercoppa vs Lazio).

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He was bought for two reasons primarily. Marketing and CL. His first season was a success. Best player in the team and delivered when mattered especially in CL only to be letdown by the defense.

He is obviously declining that should not be a surprise but he still sets high standards for a player of his age. If he's still stinking it up come the CL knockouts/the big occasions, that's when I'll believe he's lost his touch completely and maybe move on from him. Until then, it is better to trim down the expectations.

He's back is against the wall now and I still believe he'll make a strong comeback atleast in the big games in the 2nd half of the season. That's how it has been even in his last few years at Madrid.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Cassano: 'Big problem between CR and Sarri'

By Football Italia staff

Antonio Cassano claimed there’s a “big problem” between Criatiano Ronaldo and Maurizio Sarri at Juventus and added that Gianluigi Buffon should be No1.
After a setback against Sassuolo at the Allianz Stadium, when a penalty from Ronaldo saved a point against the Neroverdi on Sunday, the former Italy international Cassano seems convinced that the club is hiding the issue.
“I think Ronaldo has a big problem with Sarri,” Cassano told Tiki Taka. “Everything started with two consecutive substitutions, which will irritate any player.
“In my opinion, there’s a problem between them and Juventus are good at keeping it down.”
The former Roma star also stated that Wojciech Szczesny should be left on the bench and claimed Buffon is still the "better" goalkeeper.
“Buffon should play, because he remains a better option than Szczesny,” Cassano added. “He was always benched at Arsenal and was a back-up to [Manuel] Almunia and [Lukasz] Fabianski. At Roma he had a good year, while now he is in his first year as a starter.
“Anyway, right before Gigi’s mistake, it needs to be said that [Matthijs] De Ligt did yet another error.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 137)