Cristiano Ronaldo (270 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hurt - Let him heal meanwhile play someone who cares..
Not hurt - Ship him to China - If he continues like that he surely not worth a 30M net per season...
We need a major reinforcement

- - - Updated - - -

He wasnt hugging the touch line under allegri like he is under Sarri in a rigid system plus allegri used hes heading ability by sending in crosses something that rarely happens under sarri because hes wants to bore the other team to death with sides ways crab football or funnel everything into the midle.
You are not completely wrong... Ronaldo shouldnt be deployed as a winger - He could play there from time to time but he shouldnt be as he cant dribble like he did back in the days and at his age you should just let him do what he knows - Zidane was smart to realize it, Allegri had no choice so mixed it up a bit but Sarri is simply clueless with him..

Buy on AliExpress.com

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
He wasnt hugging the touch line under allegri like he is under Sarri in a rigid system plus allegri used hes heading ability by sending in crosses something that rarely happens under sarri because hes wants to bore the other team to death with sides ways crab football or funnel everything into the middle.
Allegri is more flexible
Ronaldo main threat now is not his dribbling but his finishing and his aerial capability

That's what Allegri used. He used Mandzukic or Ronaldo to send crosses to far post. And the way Allegri set up is spread opposition player. But the way we play now is opponents defense all grouped near the center

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri is more flexible
Ronaldo main threat now is not his dribbling but his finishing and his aerial capability

That's what Allegri used. He used Mandzukic or Ronaldo to send crosses to far post. And the way Allegri set up is spread opposition player. But the way we play now is opponents defense all grouped near the center
lol we can't cross as a team. We are horrible at it.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
it's a combination of CR7 not being at his best or even average self and Sarri failing to utilize him. He shouldn't be going wide left and right so often like he used to do in the past. No wonder he performed better last season with Mandzukic on the field.

Juventino2019

May 1, 2019
And he forgot how to dribble, shoot and pass
Ronaldo plays like that since 2015. He made up for it in Madrid with 10 shots per game. Now he has 3 per game.

I remember being dunked on for saying this earlier this season:

Ronaldo's uniqueness is his relentlessness. A lot of players can read the offensive play, but not a lot, if any, have the drive to be there every single time. It takes a lot physically and mentally. There were games in his prime where he had 15 shots a game.

But there's also a downside. He's not a very good finisher. You can check the stats. He's the most wasteful striker in Europe this past decade.

Meaning, you need to create a lot for him and you'll get your goals. It'll take years to transform Juventus to suit Ronaldo.

We're talking about not only changing players (The Matuidi's and the Khedira's), but also changing the culture of the club.

Funny as it sounds, his best scoring season for Juventus will probably be when he's 37/38.

Last edited:

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
this CR7 situation is really sad ...he is not the player of last season ....

but also our midfield problems exposed this more ...

I think the honeymoon is finished ...even he retains some form, but (((( by the end of the season)))) he should find a new club and make space for fresh new player and he can take Khadera too

May 23, 2013
So in order for the GOAT not to perform at the level of Chamakh he needs the team completely geared towards his strengths along with the best midfield? These are all lame ass excuses and it's an insult to make such excuses for a GOAT level player like CR7. He will probably spit your face for making them.

I am sure he will step it up and be his amazing self in the second half of the season in the CL, but we have actual competition in the league this season. This isn't Madrid where we can sacrifice the league and expect the ref to make 500 "mistakes" vs Bayern for us to win the CL. Ronaldo needs to improve/adapt in Serie A or Sarri needs to grow a pair and relegate him to bench role in Serie A for the Dybala-Higuain partnership. Obviously save for the big games and CL matches, in which he should undoubtedly start. Ronaldo said himself that he would prefer to play only in the CL and for Portugal, why not fulfill those wishes?

- - - Updated - - -

Also he started off the season playing really well, just needs the mandingo Costa to be back (hopefully)

Last edited:

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Here is a season heatmap up untill november of Ronaldo under allegri last year "a good coach"

Now here is ronaldo one for Sarri up untill october (hard to find longer ones)

Difference between a good coach understanding how to use ronaldo and bad one like Sarri.

Last edited:

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
Does Sarri deploy #7 ideally? I don’t know, but what I do know is that he turns the ball over way way wayyy too much. He is where the ball goes to die. It’s not like he’s turning the ball over while nearly creating a great chance, it’s usually In a putrid, soft non-offensive position. This is the opposite of a great player right now.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Does Sarri deploy #7 ideally? I don’t know, but what I do know is that he turns the ball over way way wayyy too much. He is where the ball goes to die. It’s not like he’s turning the ball over while nearly creating a great chance, it’s usually In a putrid, soft non-offensive position. This is the opposite of a great player right now.
sometimes when he turns the ball over, I feel its because he’s wary of the defender making physical contact with him so he tries to avoid the duel by trying get rid of it straight away. This is another indication to me that he’s not at 100%.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Why is it so difficult to get something close to his best out of him in a Juve shirt. Madrid did it with ease and so did/does Portugal. Super frustrating seeing all this lost potential in our squad.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Why is it so difficult to get something close to his best out of him in a Juve shirt. Madrid did it with ease and so did/does Portugal. Super frustrating seeing all this lost potential in our squad.
What's your outlook on the season? Do you see us going far in the CL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 258)