Cristiano Ronaldo (174 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Per wiki:
Ronaldo: 57 app, 34 goals: Goal every 1.67 matches
Dybala: 196 app, 83 goals: Goal every 2.36 matches

Ronaldo so far has carried more weight in his short amount than Dybala has in that same amount of time IMO of any amount of his time here.

Per your point you're trying to make: in the last 4-5 years I would put my money on Buffon/Chiellini or most of our CBs that have been here that long

Buffon had that record breaking run of zero goals conceded like 974 mins or something crazy like that. I'd put my money on someone in defense.

Also, NONE of Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli or Bonucci have completely tanked for an entire season, either. So there's that.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I disagree. Freeing up €30M per year in wages could allow us to change almost the entire squad and get the players that we need. A whole new midfield :tuttosport:

EDIT: Oh wait, don't we pay €60M total? :lol:
the squad could easily shed ronaldo with golzalo in top form and dybala around.

problem is we need ronaldo for brand building.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Ronaldo: 57 app, 34 goals: Goal every 1.67 matches
That’s also better than Del Piero’s goal per game ratio. That does not make Ronaldo more influential than Del Piero for Juve.

Also, NONE of Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli or Bonucci have completely tanked for an entire season, either. So there's that.
None of them have been played out of position by the manager for an entire season either. Let’s play Chiellini as midfielder for an entire season and see how that goes.

Also, Bonucci was a total bust last season, despite playing in his actual position.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No, but they also played equally well in either a 3 man backline or a 4 man backline and performed well without blinking an eye.

- - - Updated - - -

We had arguably the best defense in Europe for years. Those 4 carried the team when our attack was firing blanks. So, to your initial argument as strange as it was, there have been better players in this team the last 4-5 years than Dybala

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
No, but they also played equally well in either a 3 man backline or a 4 man backline and performed well without blinking an eye.

- - - Updated - - -

We had arguably the best defense in Europe for years. Those 4 carried the team when our attack was firing blanks. So, to your initial argument as strange as it was, there have been better players in this team the last 4-5 years than Dybala
:agree: bbc and (as a collective) wins it for me. nobody else comes close

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So if you take away our amazing CBs of the last 4-5 years, remove Buffon, some CMs that were here at the end of their Juve careers during that time frame then that leaves you with I guess Dybala considering Tevez left in 2015.

So, after dismantling our midfield then its easy to say dybala was better than anyone else, however, both Pirlo and Vidal left in 2015 and no way is Dybala better than they were for us.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: bbc and (as a collective) wins it for me. nobody else comes close
:tup:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Forget about these rumors from shitty sources, but why would he stay another season here? If we win the CL then mission accomplished for him. If we don’t then it’s obvious we won’t for a while, we had our best shot last few years.

What else can he do in Italy? He already won the league, best player award... He ain’t getting any younger and it’s not like he’s gonna be banging a thousand goals here. Not saying he’d go back to England but why would he stay?
Ronaldo is staying until WC2022.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Forget about these rumors from shitty sources, but why would he stay another season here? If we win the CL then mission accomplished for him. If we don’t then it’s obvious we won’t for a while, we had our best shot last few years.

What else can he do in Italy? He already won the league, best player award... He ain’t getting any younger and it’s not like he’s gonna be banging a thousand goals here. Not saying he’d go back to England but why would he stay?
He needs to stay at the top level to be in shape for the World Cup in 2022.

Actually, it wouldn’t surprise me if he signs an extension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)