Cristiano Ronaldo (145 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So for you it's Atletico <<< Juve (or even more <) then?

Not for me.
Atletico collapsed much worse than I expected. But we saw what happened to Barcelona, Man City, PSG, Bayern...

What about Switzerland-Portugal, do you really think they're >>>>>?
Switzerland has an interesting new generation. Just don't know if it's going to allow them to get to the next level.

Portugal is aging poorly in the middle, and the younger generation is still hit-or-miss. There are key pieces missing in Portugal vs other good versions of the past 20 years, like a truer playmaker like a Deco or an outside-the-box goalscoring midfielder like Maniche. But the wingers are still very strong and coach Santos patches for the holes in their defense pretty well.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
What about Switzerland-Portugal, do you really think they're >>>>>?
And I said: switzerland <<< Atletico
swag said: Portugal <<<<<< Juve (what you liked)

if we assume Portugal = switzerland it's: Atletico <<< Juve
if we assume Portugal > switzerland it's: Atletico <<<< Juve

- - - Updated - - -

Atletico collapsed much worse than I expected. But we saw what happened to Barcelona, Man City, PSG, Bayern...

Switzerland has an interesting new generation. Just don't know if it's going to allow them to get to the next level.

Portugal is aging poorly in the middle, and the younger generation is still hit-or-miss. There are key pieces missing in Portugal vs other good versions of the past 20 years, like a truer playmaker like a Deco or an outside-the-box goalscoring midfielder like Maniche. But the wingers are still very strong and coach Santos patches for the holes in their defense pretty well.
Agree with that. Still a hattrick against Godin, Gimenez, Rodrigo, Oblak and all those defensive monsters there is harder to make than against Schaer, Sommer, RR and Mbabu.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018

You a Sporting fan or FC Porto fan? :lol2: Imagine dropping Ruben Neves and Moutinho in the midfield and Felix as 10 in a system like Nuno's Wolves. But with Santos will always be William Turtle. I actually think we've got good players coming in year after year, the thing is that Santos is too conservative on this. He rather play always with the old ones that he knows for years than try to build a different system, tactically speaking I find him very limited as he fails to take the most out of the players he has available. Would rather see a manager like Jorge Jesus, even Mourinho or Leonardo Jardim take helm. He got us the Euro without knowing how to read or write but it's time to move on, the same luck won't happen twice. We win games from individual brilliance and Ronaldo's ability.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You a Sporting fan or FC Porto fan? :lol2: Imagine dropping Ruben Neves and Moutinho in the midfield and Felix as 10 in a system like Nuno's Wolves. But with Santos will always be William Turtle. I actually think we've got good players coming in year after year, the thing is that Santos is too conservative on this. He rather play always with the old ones that he knows for years than try to build a different system, tactically speaking I find him very limited as he fails to take the most out of the players he has available. Would rather see a manager like Jorge Jesus, even Mourinho or Leonardo Jardim take helm. He got us the Euro without knowing how to read or write but it's time to move on, the same luck won't happen twice. We win games from individual brilliance and Ronaldo's ability.
Sporting. Which made the Taça de Portugal pretty dam funny for me this season. That Sporting even existed as a club this season wasn’t a given.

You know, I thought William - yes, William the F’ing Turtle - was the most likely to score against Switzerland on Wed if not for Ronaldo’s tripleta. He looked kinda possessed in a good way like I have almost never seen.

You won’t get creativity with Santos. But you’ll get a team that manages to hang with everyone and is hard to get rid of. Boring, yes. Highly reliant on individual moments of offensive brilliance, yes. But I’ll actually take Portugal’s chances in a final more with him than any of the others. As much as I like Jardim.

Don't you guys remember Pauleta, the original stat-padder? I'd have to check but I remember him scoring lots of goals against absolute minnows, so I presume he has a few also.

Edit:
Ronaldo 7
Pauleta 3
Eusebio 2
Nuno Gomes 2
9 other players 1 each
Yeah. Dat Azores Eagle always seem to crush it in qualifiers and bottle up in the final tournament. PSG legend before PSG bought legends. ;)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sporting. Which made the Taça de Portugal pretty dam funny for me this season. That Sporting even existed as a club this season wasn’t a given.

You know, I thought William - yes, William the F’ing Turtle - was the most likely to score against Switzerland on Wed if not for Ronaldo’s tripleta. He looked kinda possessed in a good way like I have almost never seen.

You won’t get creativity with Santos. But you’ll get a team that manages to hang with everyone and is hard to get rid of. Boring, yes. Highly reliant on individual moments of offensive brilliance, yes. But I’ll actually take Portugal’s chances in a final more with him than any of the others. As much as I like Jardim.

Yeah. Dat Azores Eagle always seem to crush it in qualifiers and bottle up in the final tournament. PSG legend before PSG bought legends. ;)
47 goals in total.

Kuwait 4
Luxembourg 4
Andorra 3
Cyprus 3
Latvia 3
Cape Verde 3
Lichtenstein 2
Azerbaijan 2
Scotland 2
Estonia 2
Lithuania 2
Canada
Angola
Albania
China
34 goals

Tunisia
Greece
Norway
Russia
Sweden
Croatia
England
Brazil
Netherlands 2
Poland 3 (lol @piotrr)
13 goals

LOL what a boss.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
47 goals in total.

Kuwait 4
Luxembourg 4
Andorra 3
Cyprus 3
Latvia 3
Cape Verde 3
Lichtenstein 2
Azerbaijan 2
Scotland 2
Estonia 2
Lithuania 2
Canada
Angola
Albania
China
34 goals

Tunisia
Greece
Norway
Russia
Sweden
Croatia
England
Brazil
Netherlands 2
Poland 3 (lol @piotrr)
13 goals

LOL what a boss.

I believe Pauleta today on this team would still do more than Andre Silva or Guedes as a striker with Ronaldo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 118)