Cristiano Ronaldo (24 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Don't know but I came across this.

Allegri said (via Calciomercato), "Ronaldo is a smart guy. He knows Pjanic and Dybala are excellent free-kick takers, and they are going to take those close to the area. When there are free-kicks from far away, Ronaldo can kick them, but we've decided that Dybala and Pjanic will take the set pieces close to the area."

Ragu: https://www.sportskeeda.com/footbal...o-is-the-worst-free-kick-taker-in-the-serie-a

Don't like this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Finally!

james95

Sep 2, 2018
After watching Ronaldo with Juve this season, it has reaffirmed my belief that Messi is a better player.

Messi creates a lot of goals, scores a lot of goals, is dead accurate on free kicks, and is just so dangerous with the ball glued to his feet.

Ronaldo scores a lot, is embarrassing at free kicks, is way to straight in his upper body when dribbling (thinks that quick feet trick people alone, not body feints), and all round is not as dangerous as Messi.
Bear in mind you’re describing the 34 year old version of Ronaldo. Let’s see what level Messi is at when he’s 34. I’m of the opinion that Messi’s level is elevated playing for Barca because based on his Argentina performances; he’d be worse than Ronaldo in this team.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Bear in mind you’re describing the 34 year old version of Ronaldo. Let’s see what level Messi is at when he’s 34. I’m of the opinion that Messi’s level is elevated playing for Barca because based on his Argentina performances; he’d be worse than Ronaldo in this team.
Messi has only ever performed for one team only: Barcelona.

Guarin-lover

Feb 2, 2014
Ronaldo still has more freekicks goals than messi which is the funny thing by long way so ronaldo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>messi
No shit, Cristiano was always the undisputed for Real Madrid & Juve and even in his finals seasons with Man United.

Messi didn't became the main FK-taker until Xavi became a bench player in 2014-15 season.

And like @Wittl said above, Messi has superior FK conversion rate compared to Cristiano.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
No shit, Cristiano was always the undisputed for Real Madrid & Juve and even in his finals seasons with Man United.

Messi didn't became the main FK-taker until Xavi became a bench player in 2014-15 season.

And like @Wittl said above, Messi has superior FK conversion rate compared to Cristiano.
Naa that's revisionism. Messi has been Barca's designated penalty and direct FK taker since Ronaldinho left. Xavi was only responsible for in-direct Fks and corners. The only reason he's been noticed in recent times is because he has improved considerably at them. Ronaldo was better at them earlier in his career; now Messi shoots them better.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018

That is Flat out bullshit this is from 2018 In La Liga, Messi has scored 22 free-kick goals from 290 attempts (7.59% accuracy), while Ronaldo has netted 20 from 308 attempts (6.17% accuracy).

Messi was shit at freekicks up untill 3 years ago and ronaldo was the best in the world at them for a long time that why hes scored so many and still ahead of messi in freekicks now even tho he barely scores one these days.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
That is Flat out bullshit this is from 2018 In La Liga, Messi has scored 22 free-kick goals from 290 attempts (7.59% accuracy), while Ronaldo has netted 20 from 308 attempts (6.17% accuracy).

Messi was shit at freekicks up untill 3 years ago and ronaldo was the best in the world at them for a long time that why hes scored so many and still ahead of messi in freekicks now even tho he barely scores one these days.
2018%2f12%2fFKgoals.jpg

Ronaldo below 5.7 %

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
After watching Ronaldo with Juve this season, it has reaffirmed my belief that Messi is a better player.

Messi creates a lot of goals, scores a lot of goals, is dead accurate on free kicks, and is just so dangerous with the ball glued to his feet.

Ronaldo scores a lot, is embarrassing at free kicks, is way to straight in his upper body when dribbling (thinks that quick feet trick people alone, not body feints), and all round is not as dangerous as Messi.
i really hate this whole messi vs ronaldo debate. they both are exceptional players, they're different and if anything, messi is way more team dependent than ronaldo is and that's the reason i will always prefer ronaldo over him. i have always said messi got the absolute most out of that ~170cm body he has and in a right system, like with barcelona which keeps the ball down, has alot of posession, doesn't really do any crosses etc, he will always excel in that system but any other one, he will never score that many goals just because how he is built. hats off to little guy, pure magician but he has pretty poor stats on any other jersey beside barcelona and would be fun to see him any other jersey but it most likely won't happen and im completely fine for him being retired for playing only for barcelona, as it's not common these days when money rules.

and as somebody said, we're having 34 year old ronaldo who has been at the absolute top of sport of football, since 2002/2003 season when he debuted on sporting, then moved to manchester united in 2003 and that's what like 16 years ago. people don't understand what it means to be 34 and compete against all the young stars, in the most competitive sport in world.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
2018%2f12%2fFKgoals.jpg

Ronaldo below 5.7 %
Why do u keep repeating these conversion rates ffs i was talking the guy trying to claim that messi never took freekicks untill 2014 which is straight rubbish and a flat out lie. Ronaldo was best free kick taker in world for many years he sucks now yes i dont need rates for last 3 years to know this.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Why do u keep repeating these conversion rates ffs i was talking the guy trying to claim that messi never took freekicks untill 2014 which is straight rubbish and a flat out lie. Ronaldo was best free kick taker in world for many years he sucks now yes i dont need rates for last 3 years to know this.
Didn't read your post properly tbh. But I see you got it, he sucks now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)