Cristiano Ronaldo (164 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How strong are European libel laws?
I'd say it very much depends on which country you're in. Trying to get a substantial amount from a newspaper for libel would be very difficult in Belgium. I think part of the reason for that is that in our legal system we have chosen to really protect journalists, who have a societal role to fulfill in publishing news and we have deemed that role to outweigh many of the private intrests of for example professional football players. Another part of the reason is that we have very few, if any, actual tabloids. We have trashy newspapers, but they tend to just republish news that has already been published by other sources. Our better newspapers and magazines might have their own investigative reporters, but they are very apprehensive of choosing sides. Finally our courts also tend to downplay reputational damage. Even if you'd succeed in everything else, they'd probably only award a very small compensation.

England on the other hand has a very real and substantial problem with tabloids. They also became widely unpopular after Diana Spencer's death. I think it would be much easier for a celebrity to get a good verdict there.

I don't know what it is like in Germany though.

- - - Updated - - -

Peter Thiel was the driving force behind that. He had the money and influence to actually take that to court and eventually bring Gawker down. Not to mention it was tried in the USA. Very interesting story that was.
Very dark story too.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
I think LVPD upcoming interrogation with Ronaldo is just a formality to excuse themselves out. They made the decision 9 years ago, why they have to deal with Ronaldo's legal team now when they don't have clear evidence?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Innocent until proven guilty, but if proven guilty.. and that's beyond any reasonable doubt, so 'murican justice system can go and fuck itself liek it have been for ages.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Bringing a Vice article on Ronaldo to Tuz from two ridiculous feminazis? You deserve a ban. ;)
@GordoDeCentral

This line alone invalidates the entire article:

"White supremacist, patriarchal formations are by definition corrupt."

Pure fantasy. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Preferably anal. :snoop:
Indeed. Serves me right for typing ‘Ronaldo’ on Twitter in this climate :wallbang:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Everything they have said publicly so far screams out they don't have anything. If you have the smoking gun, you don't ask his former girlfriends to come forward. You don't need a bunch of crazy bitches trying to get a payday and complicating your case. You just go forward with your own case.
Surprised to see a lawyer say this.

I'd think whether other women come forward or not with a similar story to Mayorga's will be the biggest deal in this case.

Everything else is wishy-washy up till now (for the purposes of burden of proof, whether Ronaldo did it or not).

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo's lawyer is paid to make such statements so it doesn't come as a surprise.
Yeah, lol at the badum tish reaction. Normal, ground un-shattering response.

- - - Updated - - -

Add to that, the signed name doesn't look at all like his signature or his writing on other forms. It was very clear that particular document was a fabrication.
Did you see other signatures of his where he spells out Cristiano Ronaldo?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 146)