Cristiano Ronaldo (144 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It's easier to argue from the perspective of a media person where the rules are shady and your goal is to make people feel and not think. If you read through der Spiegel latest answer you'll see that they are nitpicking arguments and are avoiding the serious topic about the real validity of the documents from the hacker leaks.

On the other hand if you are a lawyer you have to be very precise and accurate about the points you make and this takes more time.

It's like a debate between flat earthers and scientists. One side can talk shit all they want and the other side follows strict rules which makes them a bit cautious and slow.
Excellent response.

- - - Updated - - -

From this, i start to feel bad now , the case direction isnt in our favour.

This world has no mercy and not a place for nice guys. Those reporters they dont care how much our club did to sign him, dont care how much peace and mind we need to win that fucking big ears cup, dont care about our business image and how hard for us to reach to this point... no we should fall down very bad.
Take a chill pill, the BBC article literally repeated what the Der Spiege Twitter guy said.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
The tweet from Winterbach is pretty laughable, to say the least. They have been very one-sided in this, and their agenda have been to paint a picture of Ronaldo as guilty since day one. Yet he claims to have not been partial and that he has covered "both sides of the story", adding that "it's not our job to judge". Well, they most certainly have judged.

You also gotta love how he in tweet "10/11" says that "only #Mayorga and #Ronaldo know the truth about the incident."

Well, Mr. Winterbach, congratulations, you just recognized and acknowledged the fact that the critical documents in the case (the questionnaires) are inconclusive.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
From this, i start to feel bad now , the case direction isnt in our favour.

This world has no mercy and not a place for nice guys. Those reporters they dont care how much our club did to sign him, dont care how much peace and mind we need to win that fucking big ears cup, dont care about our business image and how hard for us to reach to this point... no we should fall down very bad.
Nobody cares. Work harder.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yea so about those fake documents we leaked to be published, its now on you to hand over the real documents we don't have access to so we can grossly twist that in a desperate attempt to squeeze something out of it to use against you once our current facade has lost all legitimacy. Clever ploy

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This Winterbach dude really likes to refer to their legal department, but he must be a nightmare for them. Unless Ronaldo is convicted in court or admits to rape, der spiegel are going to face real consequences.

The way they covered this story wasn't just onesided, it was downright malicious.

'The LVPD don't have evidence. This means Ronaldo's team made evidence disappear.'. Uh, no, it doesn't. By far the likelier explanation is that is wasn't there in the first place.

But that's exactly the kind of statement that shows they wanted to get to Ronaldo.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yea so about those fake documents we leaked to be published, its now on you to hand over the real documents we don't have access to so we can grossly twist that in a desperate attempt to squeeze something out of it to use against you once our current facade has lost all legitimacy. Clever ploy
To me this screams they're fucked really. Almost as if they suddenly realised people could question the validity of documents.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Can the tuz lawyers elaborate exactly why do they think der Spiegel is going down because of this? It's hard for me to believe that one of the biggest magazines in Europe that has vast experience with much larger stuff like WikiLeaks suddenly dropped the ball when dealing with a football story.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Can the tuz lawyers elaborate exactly why do they think der Spiegel is going down because of this? It's hard for me to believe that one of the biggest magazines in Europe that has vast experience with much larger stuff like WikiLeaks suddenly dropped the ball when dealing with a football story.
Don't think they're going down, but they have to be careful going forward. My stance is that they have been incredibly one-sided in their reporting of this case, and if the 'evidence' they are sitting on proves to be worthless or easily refutable, then the reporting will have been very disproportionate. In such a scenario, I can see them getting in trouble. And I think that's what @Seven is saying too, I don't read him as saying that they will go down based on what we currently know, but that the potential for this to happen is there if it turns out they have created a shitstorm over nothing. But it's all hypothetical as of now.

Something which isn't so hypothetical, though, is the fact that days and days have gone by now without any new, damning evidence appearing against Ronaldo. It's the same good ol' story being rehashed over and over again - with some quotes from newspapers and lawyers sprinkled here and there. I'm loving it, and I'm not even close to being as worried as I was when the story first broke.

We'll obviously have to wait and see what comes out of the LVMPD investigation, but I doubt it's gonna be anything noteworthy. The evidence situation, to my understanding, is pretty much the same as back in 2009. In addition, we have the Football Leaks documents, which I expect will not be lended any credibility in a court of law. Retrieved by a hacker (a criminal) in a digital format, they are easy to manipulate and I expect that Christiansen can back up his claim that those documents have indeed been altered and are false. It would surprise me a lot if he just ran to the media and blurted that out without having something concrete.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think you're asking a bit much now. :D

So far, you can summarize everything that has been said by Ronaldo's representatives in a few words: "It's not true" :cry:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Don't think they're going down, but they have to be careful going forward. My stance is that they have been incredibly one-sided in their reporting of this case, and if the 'evidence' they are sitting on proves to be worthless or easily refutable, then the reporting will have been very disproportionate. In such a scenario, I can see them getting in trouble. And I think that's what @Seven is saying too, I don't read him as saying that they will go down based on what we currently know, but that the potential for this to happen is there if it turns out they have created a shitstorm over nothing. But it's all hypothetical as of now.

Something which isn't so hypothetical, though, is the fact that days and days have gone by now without any new, damning evidence appearing against Ronaldo. It's the same good ol' story being rehashed over and over again - with some quotes from newspapers and lawyers sprinkled here and there. I'm loving it, and I'm not even close to being as worried as I was when the story first broke.

We'll obviously have to wait and see what comes out of the LVMPD investigation, but I doubt it's gonna be anything noteworthy. The evidence situation, to my understanding, is pretty much the same as back in 2009. In addition, we have the Football Leaks documents, which I expect will not be lended any credibility in a court of law. Retrieved by a hacker (a criminal) in a digital format, they are easy to manipulate and I expect that Christiansen can back up his claim that those documents have indeed been altered and are false. It would surprise me a lot if he just ran to the media and blurted that out without having something concrete.
Pretty much.

Because they have been so aggressive, they're now in trouble unless Ronaldo's guilt becomes evident.
I think you're asking a bit much now. :D

So far, you can summarize everything that has been said by Ronaldo's representatives in a few words: "It's not true" :cry:
They said quite a bit more than that actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)