Cristiano Ronaldo (43 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
There is a sea of difference between evidence of rape and evidence that is enough to allow a newspaper to push the story.
Where did I claim otherwise?

They will have the evidence to back up what they write. Whether or not something else is going to happen with all this remains to be seen. Personally, I don't think so.
And Juventus as a club is probably going to ignore it as well. Though that could have been different had we been talking about a lesser player.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are thinking about this more than him. lol
That's because Ronaldo & "thinking" is mutually exclusive. :juventus:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Where did I claim otherwise?
. :juventus:
Der Spiegel claim otherwise. They make it sound as if they can prove rape, but they can't. They do have enough proof to push the story and not get sued, which is why their legal department agreed to have it published. But this reporter posting stuff on Twitter is probably going to hurt them in the long run imo.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are thinking about this more than him. lol
That's because no one wants a rapist on their team. I have huge doubts regarding the veracity of this story, but it is still not to be taken lightly.

JuveMerica

Jul 14, 2017
Man, I feel sorry for Ronaldo's lawyers who have to read all that crap.

This is why masturbation is superior to one night stands.

Jeez man, that story is fucked up. Talking in front of your father about out of body experience for having 30 seconds of anal sex with Ronaldo. This shit is messy.
Makes you wonder when sports players, especially high profile ones, start to realize that messing around with anyone outside of an established relationship is a recipe for disaster. Same goes for anyone who's famous really. With the mixture of real rape cases (which really boggle my mind when it comes to rich athletes) plus the ones just looking to make a buck or get exposure it's really messy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Makes you wonder when sports players, especially high profile ones, start to realize that messing around with anyone outside of an established relationship is a recipe for disaster. Same goes for anyone who's famous really. With the mixture of real rape cases (which really boggle my mind when it comes to rich athletes) plus the ones just looking to make a buck or get exposure it's really messy.
Sooner or later they'll just have the women sign consent forms. Not exactly romantic, but it's inevitable.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I hate to admit it but the latest Der Spiegel article sounds plausible. I guess most of us are not used to this type of situations and we over analyze stuff but the latest version of the story from her point of view sounds believable. I still would bet on her simply wanting more money after one night stand but I'm not so sure as before.

I can't see how this can be resolved soon and I'm sure that many media outlets will want to milk it as much as possible. I can't see what type of hardcore evidence Spiegel has and I doubt that it can be of any consequence in the court room. I guess this will drag on for quite some time. :sigh:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I hate to admit it but the latest Der Spiegel article sounds plausible. I guess most of us are not used to this type of situations and we over analyze stuff but the latest version of the story from her point of view sounds believable. I still would bet on her simply wanting more money after one night stand but I'm not so sure as before.

I can't see how this can be resolved soon and I'm sure that many media outlets will want to milk it as much as possible. I can't see what type of hardcore evidence Spiegel has and I doubt that it can be of any consequence in the court room. I guess this will drag on for quite some time. :sigh:
Nobody knows for sure, and yes it may have happened, but it's important to keep in mind that just about anything can sound plausible through good writing. What matters is the evidence in the case, and in my opinion the evidence sounds rather dubious. Especially the answers he allegedly gave in September 2009 ("she told me to stop, but made herself available, she said no" etc.) Would be very surprised if those answers were real.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014

It sounds more than plausible. As a fan of course I hope its untrue. I hope she is just a money grabber, but I doubt it. She sounds like a victim, and that court document is really damning. I mean she filed a police report immediately, there is the stuff footballleaks put forward - it sounds serious. Ultimately, these athletes are not used to hearing no. I don't doubt that she may have had interest in him at the beginning, that photo where she is gazing at him starstruck shows it. Perhaps, his aggression put her off?
I do think the civil suit sum seems kind of low.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody knows for sure, and yes it may have happened, but it's important to keep in mind that just about anything can sound plausible through good writing. What matters is the evidence in the case, and in my opinion the evidence sounds rather dubious. Especially the answers he allegedly gave in September 2009 ("she told me to stop, but made herself available, she said no" etc.) Would be very surprised if those answers were real.
Well actually, that court document is full of spelling errors lol.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It sounds more than plausible. As a fan of course I hope its untrue. I hope she is just a money grabber, but I doubt it. She sounds like a victim, and that court document is really damning. I mean she filed a police report immediately, there is the stuff footballleaks put forward - it sounds serious. Ultimately, these athletes are not used to hearing no. I don't doubt that she may have had interest in him at the beginning, that photo where she is gazing at him starstruck shows it. Perhaps, his aggression put her off?
I do think the civil suit sum seems kind of low.

- - - Updated - - -

Well actually, that court document is full of spelling errors lol.
It didn't even spell him name right ffs.

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
hardly surprising, they don't want to put any shade on someone that drags italian football into a global spotlight and adds viewers on TV, likes, retweets etc on social media
Also this is the country who had Berlusconi in charge forever.

Jul 13, 2010
I guess we have these two sides. There are no undecided papers in italy, you either support Juve or are against I guess. Football-Italia though is absolutely pro-juve, and I read only that as a non-speaker of italian

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This. It seems impossible that Ronaldo would have given those answers. And if he did, surely the settlement would have been in the millions.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
This. It seems impossible that Ronaldo would have given those answers. And if he did, surely the settlement would have been in the millions.
Bit OT, But is it true that ofen Lawyers will advice their client/ the victim to not go to court (especially when there is no physical evidence left)? As in they would have to open up completely and talk about their sexlife, the rape and all kinds of private stuff, with the chance of actually winning the case in return being not that big at all. Basically saying it's not worth it to run through the act a 2nd time and give away privacy for a small chance of winning.

Also where to draw the line between "cleared because of lack of evidence" and straigt out "false accusation"?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Bit OT, But is it true that ofen Lawyers will advice their client/ the victim to not go to court (especially when there is no physical evidence left)? As in they would have to open up completely and talk about their sexlife, the rape and all kinds of private stuff, with the chance of actually winning the case in return being not that big at all. Basically saying it's not worth it to run through the act a 2nd time and give away privacy for a small chance of winning.

Also where to draw the line between "cleared because of lack of evidence" and straigt out "false accusation"?

Depends on the jurisdiction and many other factors too. But yeah, lack of physical evidence obviously makes settlement an attractive option.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
U guys really believe that Ronaldo would send such statements in emails (thats what leak reports)? Its total bullshit, every lawyer knows that this kind of things are only said face to face and then they come up woth the version that suits their defence the best. There is no way any lawyer would ask or let Ronaldo make such statements by email.

Bianco2nero

IL NUOVO BOMBER
May 13, 2012
Ten years later, is it even possible to go in jail after all of this?

If he is guilty, he loses all of my respect btw. But coming out with such a story after 10 years and accepting money for being raped nd to shut your mouth? Hmm..

Jul 1, 2010
Ten years later, is it even possible to go in jail after all of this?

If he is guilty, he loses all of my respect btw. But coming out with such a story after 10 years and accepting money for being raped nd to shut your mouth? Hmm..
No, Nevada has a statute of limitations for sexual assault offences.

This is a civil suit and at worst he'll pay compensation. The biggest harm would be to his brand, and thus, to ours.

I agree with Seven though, there is no way those statements he allegedly made are true. He'd have the worst lawyers on earth if it were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)