Cristiano Ronaldo (147 Viewers)

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
That's such superficial look at things. Juventus didn't loose finals because they weren't more offensive, they lost because they weren't good enough. If anything we were too offensive vs Barcelona, they scored 2/3 goals on counter attacks.

This new era of following is becoming cancerous. You can't watch a game in company w/o people jumping on the team that is not scoring 4 goals, creating 4x more chances and if they even dare sit back it's a blood bath.

In the last 15 years defensive coaches/tacticians/italians/coaches coming from italian school of thought have won so much more than offensive ones. Ancelotti has 3 CLs, Mourinho 2, Ferguson 1, Di Matteo 1, Zidane 3, defensive coaches won the WC and Euro, Conte and Valverde won their leagues, Simeone won 2 titles in a league with RM and Barca, Ranieri won the PL, Jardim doing fantastic work with Monaco, etc.

While Klopp lost in the final too, Pep is underachieving for years now compared to what he spends, Sarri's football couldn't get him a Coppa final, let alone a trophy, Pochettino couldn't win the PL vs Leicester and Chelsea that flopped hard the year before, etc.

Tactics >>>>>>>> attacking football always and forever

People need to stop pretending there's a magical solution to winning trophies, especially the CL.
We are not looking for all 90 mins attack or full match OHHH WOOO - English type ...we need balance, why not playing some well organized beautiful attacking football , then shift to defensive mood during each half .... and make sure you got your result....if our team wants to create a brand to watch ..better start to think differently ...the first match was beautiful play that i watched the replys over than 10 times because of the joy of the play first ... then the result .. and we know we were FORCED to play like this because we were 2 1 trailing in the result ... otherwise it was a deep too deep boring match that day...remember last season Cheivo it was so sad play with excellent result ...am not asking to be Barcelona style - Juve , am asking some balance, for the brand sake, for the fans who were in lazio match looked starving to see some attacking football...and our team can for sure ...and stop those “ Backward - Passing “ , “ Sides - Passing “ , “ Long Balls - Hope to deliver “ and “ Break the game momentum tactics” that kills the thrill and give headics...

Balanced - Game play is all what we want ....we are not some random impotant team, we are now one of the top five now ... and all in Allegri’s hand, not Agnelli’s nor Marotta’s

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
That's such superficial look at things. Juventus didn't loose finals because they weren't more offensive, they lost because they weren't good enough. If anything we were too offensive vs Barcelona, they scored 2/3 goals on counter attacks.

This new era of following is becoming cancerous. You can't watch a game in company w/o people jumping on the team that is not scoring 4 goals, creating 4x more chances and if they even dare sit back it's a blood bath.

In the last 15 years defensive coaches/tacticians/italians/coaches coming from italian school of thought have won so much more than offensive ones. Ancelotti has 3 CLs, Mourinho 2, Ferguson 1, Di Matteo 1, Zidane 3, defensive coaches won the WC and Euro, Conte and Valverde won their leagues, Simeone won 2 titles in a league with RM and Barca, Ranieri won the PL, Jardim doing fantastic work with Monaco, etc.

While Klopp lost in the final too, Pep is underachieving for years now compared to what he spends, Sarri's football couldn't get him a Coppa final, let alone a trophy, Pochettino couldn't win the PL vs Leicester and Chelsea that flopped hard the year before, etc.

Tactics >>>>>>>> attacking football always and forever

People need to stop pretending there's a magical solution to winning trophies, especially the CL.

I believe you are comparing different things but I see where you're trying to get here. Today's football is a lot more about controlling the moments of the game and how you do the offensive and defensive transitions opening and closing space rather than a more static tactic.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
SO you brought the best striker in the world with 5 ballon d'or + 5 UCL trophies by being a real killer in the field to do what exactly????

Now I get it, you design a game that doesn't suit him at all and it makes easier for rival to control him. Great thinking.

And you're just taking things out of context to support your point, Zizou a defensive coach?? yep, right... and Luis Enrique is also one???... Now you are gonna writte they only won cuz they have the best players well guess what, now we have him so we better let him just play at his best

I'm not saying we go EPL crazy but you need to have some creation in the field and yesterday there weren't anyone bar our FB's with the skills to provide CR7 great options in our starting 11
How does the game not suit him? He didn't score in first two games because he was unlucky and GKs had some incredible saves against him, not because of our football. He had plenty chances.

Yes, Zidane is coming from Italian school of thought, he is results driven, not creating a system, pushing only forward etc. Way closer to Allegri than Guardiola/Klopp or whatever. People thinking we would suddenly start playing some amazing football under him are up for a rough surprise if it ever happens.

And I never said attacking football is not good and doesn't win you things. My point is it is not the end all be all and people pushing this narrative that Juve needs to transform are proven wrong by facts of other teams and coaches who have similar mentality have won the same if not more than attacking ones.

- - - Updated - - -

We are not looking for all 90 mins attack or full match OHHH WOOO - English type ...we need balance, why not playing some well organized beautiful attacking football , then shift to defensive mood during each half .... and make sure you got your result....if our team wants to create a brand to watch ..better start to think differently ...the first match was beautiful play that i watched the replys over than 10 times because of the joy of the play first ... then the result .. and we know we were FORCED to play like this because we were 2 1 trailing in the result ... otherwise it was a deep too deep boring match that day...remember last season Cheivo it was so sad play with excellent result ...am not asking to be Barcelona style - Juve , am asking some balance, for the brand sake, for the fans who were in lazio match looked starving to see some attacking football...and our team can for sure ...and stop those “ Backward - Passing “ , “ Sides - Passing “ , “ Long Balls - Hope to deliver “ and “ Break the game momentum tactics” that kills the thrill and give headics...

Balanced - Game play is all what we want ....we are not some random impotant team, we are now one of the top five now ... and all in Allegri’s hand, not Agnelli’s nor Marotta’s
Guess what? That's how Allegri plays and how he played for the majority of his time here. Last season was an outlier because of many things, but first 3 years and start of this one we're shaping to play like that again.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Even when you're being sarcastic, it's 100% true... We need a Juve more like CR7 and NOT a CR7 more like Juve cuz we know very well how it ends, with another final lost

- - - Updated - - -

The reflection of his wife it works some memes
Thanx for pointing it out, that looks hot, I love women crouching.

littlePrince

Nov 10, 2014
i really want he be great at juve too, not just for juve! for him too, his decide for leave madrdi was big! many haters wants he fail! i havnt any sens to him when he was at madrid but when he arrive here and when i see his try for win and his willing for win i think i like him really! his choice for join to us was bravely.
i cant explain my emotion to him now becuse of my poor english :))) but at all i pray for him to be best again at this shirt!

MagicAardvark

Jul 20, 2006
i really want he be great at juve too, not just for juve! for him too, his decide for leave madrdi was big! many haters wants he fail! i havnt any sens to him when he was at madrid but when he arrive here and when i see his try for win and his willing for win i think i like him really! his choice for join to us was bravely.
i cant explain my emotion to him now becuse my poor english :))) but at all i pray for him to be best again at this shirt!
100% agree with you, it was a huge choice, not only for him to leave, but to leave for Serie A, a league that has lost a lot of respect in the last 15 years, but has always remained strong (at least we did). He could have taken it easy and went to the middleeast, china, US. even france. but he chose to keep going at the top level.

He will prove his worth 100%, but most Ronaldo lovers want him to hit huge amounts of goals every week. its really, really hard to do that in Serie A.

His personal determination shows in all his hard work on and off the pitch. he is still promoting his brand, our brand, and also training non stop. His desire to remain the best is unmatched.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ESPNFC added Matteo Bonetti to their lineup which makes them much more watchable now.

Matteo did a nice job there.

But damn, this is amazing... ESPN FC actually talking about Juve for more than 20 seconds in an episode. Holy crap times have changed.

And I hate this media watch for Ronaldo's first goal. After his past two seasons in La Liga, all that matters most really is what the guy does in April and May.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Matteo did a nice job there.

But damn, this is amazing... ESPN FC actually talking about Juve for more than 20 seconds in an episode. Holy crap times have changed.

And I hate this media watch for Ronaldo's first goal. After his past two seasons in La Liga, all that matters most really is what the guy does in April and May.
I hate that too, but I can understand why ESPN does it. They bought Serie A rights probably 99% for Ronaldo and they have to milk it as much as they can. To me it's better that they do that rather than having BeIN Sports back in charge,

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I hate that too, but I can understand why ESPN does it. They bought Serie A rights probably 99% for Ronaldo and they have to milk it as much as they can. To me it's better that they do that rather than having BeIN Sports back in charge,
After using ESPN+ a few times and reflecting on the past few years, it really made me realize how garbage beIN was overall. They didn't give even a single fuck about Serie A. Showing some dumbass game like Getafe vs Barcelona over higher profile Serie A matches was so annoying. And their mobile app never worked, piece of shit. I hope we never have to go back to that.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
After using ESPN+ a few times and reflecting on the past few years, it really made me realize how garbage beIN was overall. They didn't give even a single fuck about Serie A. Showing some dumbass game like Getafe vs Barcelona over higher profile Serie A matches was so annoying. And their mobile app never worked, piece of shit. I hope we never have to go back to that.
Same. BeIN was a piece of trash even for La Liga. Their online streams stopped working all of a sudden, and sometimes never worked. If you visited their website during matches it was full of disgruntled people cursing them for their shitty service, and they did not give a shit. Technical support was nonexistent. There was a 2-3 minute delay to each game as well.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i cant explain my emotion to him now becuse of my poor english :))) but at all i pray for him to be best again at this shirt!
ESPNFC added Matteo Bonetti to their lineup which makes them much more watchable now.

The pundits here seem surprisingly good, apart from the Scottish guy who is predictably an embarrassment.

I really cringe every-time I hear brits try to talk about Italian football, for the most part we just dont get it.
:agree:

The majority have no clue about Italian football and do not seem interested in learning, just usual arrogance towards it with the archaic views of catenacio and that a successful football team must have maximum possession and full of players who are strong/fast but no technique. Pirlo blew their mind in that he pulled the strings against England well into his 30's.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
"Surround yourself with people that push you to do better, no drama or negativity. Just higher goals and higher motivation. Good times and positive energy"

:heart::heart::heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 122)