Cristiano Ronaldo (172 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Good luck but I think he'll get less playing time there. He had it good with us, he just doesn't know it.
Not as good as with City in attempt to win CL title. And after Sunday might have thought how much playing time will I get with Max. Saving the 30 mil is needed and enough options up front for Max to win a scudetto.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo must be motivated to go there as he reduced his wage by half
Much more motivated today than before Sunday. Combined with less motivated to play for Max.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Kean and a top level B2B CM to play alongside Locatelli would be perfect. But I don’t see it happening.
If there was ever a time for 'ultimatums', it was this summer.

We should've been firm with our stance and issued an ultimatum to Ronaldo. This should've been resolved ideally around July end or August first week.

Instead we are letting him go with a couple of days ago and with hardly any time to plan for new signings. Very unprofessional and out of character from the board.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

We should've been firm with our stance and issued an ultimatum to Ronaldo. This should've been resolved ideally around July end or August first week.

Instead we are letting him go with a couple of days ago and with hardly any time to plan for new signings. Very unprofessional and out of character from the board.
I think without the failed transfer of Kane, Cristiano would be forced to stay.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I think without the failed transfer of Kane, Cristiano would be forced to stay.
It doesn't matter. Our mercato shouldn't be based on what other clubs do.

You stay or you go. Simple as. We should have been clear from the very beginning with Mendes and his lackies that we have a deadline beyond which we will not allow players to leave.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

A complete joke having Nedved say outright that Ronaldo is staying and has said he is staying, immediately before kickoff of our first match of the season. Looks like a total bozo now.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So let's say CR7 leaves to City for the exact $ amount it takes to avoid negative valenza. No more no less.

Looking back on his tenure here...what do we think of it? Of the decision to sign him? Of course nobody saw Covid coming and that was a factor.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
So let's say CR7 leaves to City for the exact $ amount it takes to avoid negative valenza. No more no less.

Looking back on his tenure here...what do we think of it? Of the decision to sign him? Of course nobody saw Covid coming and that was a factor.
He succeeded as an individual, but we failed as a team, so he definitely has to shoulder some of the responsibility.

We played some of the worst football with Ronaldo here, and I am not saying it's his fault, but he can't be absolved of blame entirely.

It was a pleasure having him here, but I am definitely not sad to see him go.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He succeeded as an individual, but we failed as a team, so he definitely has to shoulder some of the responsibility.

We played some of the worst football with Ronaldo here, and I am not saying it's his fault, but he can't be absolved of blame entirely.

It was a pleasure having him here, but I am definitely not sad to see him go.
I meant more along the lines of management's decision to sign him. You approve or no?

gray

Apr 22, 2003

It was a fun experiment that brought lots of eyeballs and followers to Juve. I'm glad to be able to say we had Ronaldo playing for us, but I never really grew very fond of him in the time he was here. He never felt like 'my' player, but a guy playing for himself who happened to be wearing my team's shirt.

I don't agree with the people who say that we failed him or that he failed us. He was simply the right player at the wrong time. Sure he scored a lot of goals, some very memorable and clutch, but he never elevated the team's overall level beyond what we saw before him, partly because of his massive salary that restricted us from strengthening the rest of the squad.

It's impossible to say whether we would have been more or less successful if we'd spent his transfer fee and salary on other areas of the squad, and I don't blame the management for taking the once in a lifetime opportunity to have such a generational player in the team.

Thanks for the memories, but I won't shed a tear and I'm ready to move on.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I meant more along the lines of management's decision to sign him. You approve or no?
In hindsight, I disapprove. They created an imbalance within the team and the locker room. They bought a very expensive player, a top top player, but failed to provide him with adequate support. Retrospectively, the experiment was a failure.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
It was a move our management had to do, considerint he was leaving RM and was willing to come here. It’s once in a lifetime chance, which was more of a success than fail, even expectations were high. Winning UCL in 3 year span for any club is difficult, if it had to be won straight away. We just weren’t good enough as a team and seeing other clubs making 100m signings left and right, it ain’t no wonder why we couldn’t make it with him. It was more like one last hurrah for the core to have the success, for Chiellini and all these guys. It’s unfortunate that it ends this way, but i guess it’s better for both parties(depending what we will get in return).

Im excited about Chiesa, I believe in De Ligt, Locatelli is here etc. Those are wonderful players, i’ll keep rocking my Chiesa jersey but at the same time, i’ll remember that GOAT was here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)