Cristiano Ronaldo (88 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
If he leaves he will need to adjust his salary expectations no doubt. I think he leaves..joins psg...plays in a new league again...breaks more records...meanwhile juve moves on in a positive manner.

He has been a beast for us...100 goals in a few seasons is ridiculous!

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
he’s also a 36 year old (on a team with an objective to get younger) making 30m per season, and tactically inflexible.
He's by far our best and most decisive player, age does not matter.

Disagree on tactics. Due to his relatively good speed and athletic ability he can move wherever on the pitch and do well. Left, right, central - he moves and scores from everywhere.

A player like Dybala for example cannot since he doesn't have a right foot and doesn't have the speed to play wide all the time. He occupies very specific areas.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

Disagree on tactics. Due to his relatively good speed and athletic ability he can move wherever on the pitch and do well. Left, right, central - he moves and scores from everywhere.

A player like Dybala for example cannot since he doesn't have a right foot and doesn't have the speed to play wide all the time. He occupies very specific areas.
its not a question of ability, he has NO interest in playing anywhere else, otherwise he would’ve adapted into a classic 9 by now. No manager would put a guy with zero defensive contribution out wide voluntarily.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
its not a question of ability, he has NO interest in playing anywhere else, otherwise he would’ve adapted into a classic 9 by now. No manager would put a guy with zero defensive contribution out wide voluntarily.
He cannot play as a number nine. He doesn't have the back to the goal game for that, he relies on his speed and jumping on far-near post for goals. As a number nine and main focus he wouldn't be as good.

Neymar, Mbappe, for years Ribery and Robben, Bale, none of them had much defensive contribution.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He cannot play as a number nine. He doesn't have the back to the goal game for that, he relies on his speed and jumping on far-near post for goals. As a number nine and main focus he wouldn't be as good.

Neymar, Mbappe, for years Ribery and Robben, Bale, none of them had much defensive contribution.
His game at this point is solely in the box aka a 9. It’s embarrassing watching him try and dribble past guys at this stage of his career. Not every 9 needs to be some monster in hold up play either. He could do enough, he’s physically stronger than most guys he goes up against. He just has no interest in doing any of the dirty work.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Anyway, Bears guru from VS says CR asked to leave, told Mendes already. I still remain skeptical he will find a home, let's see what Allegri thinks.

Dybala negotiations and relations completely blocked and cold too.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Last two transfers of his he left early, I don't think we will have to wait all summer to know. Either way it's all on him, if he wants to stay you bet Agnelli will keep him forever

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I have no doubt if the coach told him to play in that cf role he could do it. But he will naturally drift out wide..that's his game and it hasn't changed in 20 years.

The older you get the more stubborn you become and I really think we saw a side of him towards the end of the season that didn't look good.

Jun 6, 2015

Ronaldo has absolutely dictated our tactics. You simply can't fit him in most tactical schemes because he doesn't do the off the ball work to play the role of a winger and he isn't comfortable playing as a centre forward either and thus you need to build the tactics to fit around him. This basically means you play two up front when defending. We've had three different coaches and all of them have played 4-4-2 when defending. So he's definitely not tactically versatile at all.

It's another matter whether his attacking production is worth the sacrifices you need to make in order to have him in the team. Anyways I'm sure Allegri will be able to build a good team with him or without him.

Jun 16, 2020
I think that selling Ronaldo is a priority for our board this summer. And I think that leaving Juve is probably a priority for Ronaldo aswel. We need the money, and he is fighting against time, why bother playing in a very young squad that needs a few years before realistically trying to win the CL.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I think that selling Ronaldo is a priority for our board this summer. And I think that leaving Juve is probably a priority for Ronaldo aswel. We need the money, and he is fighting against time, why bother playing in a very young squad that needs a few years before realistically trying to win the CL.
how many years after the transfer to real madrid did he win the champions league he needs support from other players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)