Cristiano Ronaldo wins 2009 Ballon D'Or (2 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why is Iker Casillas anywhere NEAR this discussion? Just because he won Euro 2008? The guy wasn't phenomenal in the tournament, and every time I watched him in Liga play he was not superior to Buffon or even van der Saar.

The keeper is so overrated it's frankly ridiculous.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Why is Iker Casillas anywhere NEAR this discussion? Just because he won Euro 2008? The guy wasn't phenomenal in the tournament, and every time I watched him in Liga play he was not superior to Buffon or even van der Saar.

absolutely, if anything he has been Madrid's jackass of the season.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ßüякε;1822284 said:
Fuck this guy.
:lol: Yeah, he's a total douchebag. But he earned it on the pitch.

A bigger travesty (transvestite?) would have been Kakà, who guided his club to the UEFA Cup and sat out his squad that lost the Copa America. :rolleyes:

Kaká is bucking for the Cygne d'Oro this season, the Golden Swan, in commemoration of his divine diving.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006

this trophy isn't what it used to be...that's it...you gotta read those 10 players to figure it out.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And another thing....

Looking at the top10 and having in mind how players recieve votes (i believe every journalist with a right to vote gives 5pts to the best player, 4pts to the second best, then 3pts, 2pts and 1pt) one has to wonder how the hell did Kaka recieve 31 points.
Here's top10

2008 Ballon d'Or Top Ten Classification

1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Manchester United) - 446 points

2. Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona) - 281 pts

3. Fernando Torres (Spain/Liverpool) - 179 pts

4. Iker Casillas (Spain/Real Madrid) - 133 pts

5. Xavi Hernandez (Spain/Barcelona) - 97 pts

6. Andrei Arshavin (Russia/Zenit St. Petersburg) - 64 pts

7. David Villa (Spain/Valencia) - 55 pts

8. Kaka (Brazil/AC Milan) - 31 pts

9. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden/Inter) - 30 pts

10. Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool) - 28 pts

If i was allowed to vote i'd certainly give 5,4 and 3pts to CR7, to Messi and Torres. Then i have 2 more players to give pts to.
Ibrahimovic brought the scudetto to Inter and he's almost an one man team for them this year, leading them to the top of serie A. Villa, Xavi and Casillas all had a great EURO, with Xavi also doing solid in Europe with Barcelona (CL semifinal) and doing great with Barcelona this season.
Lampard was Chelsea's leader and scored in the CL final....etc etc etc

But what about Kaka? His team was eliminated in February from Europe and he was completely owned by Flamini on those matches. He and his team were awful in serie A and they finished 5th. This year he's doing OK but nothing more. In serie A he's still not playing as well as Del Piero or Ibra, while in Europe he's rarely playing for Milan in UEFA Cup.
He didn't play in important tournaments with Brazil.

Why the fuck did someone give Kaka any pts?

Maybe they took the December FIFA World Club championship into concideration (where Kaka was great), but that event doesn't belong to 2008. :confused:

LOOOOOOOOOL zlatan got pwned by the so called worlds best gk and arse shavin!

glad ronaldo won, now he's cursed for life. Bring on momo to end his career!

Sep 1, 2002
Agreed: it is the winners of trophies and how the players play on them that catch the eye. That's why it's DPless.
Some are just bloody good and are still recognised, but this is rare.

Kaka is bloody good, one of the best.

Ron will win it again next season.

Ronaldinho, I mean.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
im entirely confused as to what the performances are taken into account. i mean ronaldo had a good season last yr, but a crap 2nd half, and was pathetic for portugal. yet casillas is on the shortlist because he won the euros, eventhough there were better gks in the tournament. Xavi, poor season last yr along with most of barca, but had a good euros and he's on the list.
yet someone like chiellini - fantastic season, and lead the italian defence at the euros, doesnt make the short list, neither does iniesta (god knows how)
and pepe - wins a 30 mill euro move to madrid and plays like crap for club and country and makes the shortlist.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
1) Pepe is in no way crap.

2) Ronaldo didn't have a shit second half of the season

3) Chielleni is good, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, he doesn't deserve to be in the top 25

4) Xavi didnt have a poor season, although i do agree with your sentiment, that hs was ranked so highly becuase of the Euro's. Imo he should have been top 15 not 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)