Cristiano Ronaldo wins 2009 Ballon D'Or (2 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
1) Pepe is in no way crap.

2) Ronaldo didn't have a shit second half of the season

3) Chielleni is good, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, he doesn't deserve to be in the top 25

4) Xavi didnt have a poor season, although i do agree with your sentiment, that hs was ranked so highly becuase of the Euro's. Imo he should have been top 15 not 10.

for the price madrid paid for him, he is.

ronaldo did have a poor 2nd half to last season compared to the first.

why doesnt chiellini? when like i said he had a consistant season and a good euros, which more than what can be said about alot of the players on that list

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

ronaldo did have a poor 2nd half to last season compared to the first.

why doesnt chiellini? when like i said he had a consistant season and a good euros, which more than what can be said about alot of the players on that list
Chielleni was fantastic for you guys this season, but if any defender deserves to be on that list for last seasons performance its Rio.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
this whole thing is a joke, it's about popular players too, in 2004 season del piero was there, dare i say it maybe not justifiably? there were good players omitted.....the same thing as now, in which del piero should definately have been there

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@Rehan, Yes he should have, i'm surprised theres not much of a backlash over here. I still think its outrageous he isnt in the top 10.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
@Rehan, Yes he should have, i'm surprised theres not much of a backlash over here. I still think its outrageous he isnt in the top 10.
yea definately, but in 2004 i dont think del should have been there, but he was due to the fact he was 29(i.e not old) and a huge name player

this year of course yes, he shoudl be there no doubt

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The biggest surprise was Rab actually arguing with me that DP shouldn't be in the top 10. That shit was spooky :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Add the Roma match last season.... and the two superb goals he scored vs Lazio away. I would have understand had he been in top 25 but not close top 10 since we didn't play in the CL. But what I don't get is that you finish topscorer of Serie A not to mention he's not 100% striker and you help your team to get back to CL yet you dont make top 20players. I find it funny if you ask me.

I'm sure its a typo or something. :irritated

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Performance enhancing punctuation?
Blatter declared them illegal last season. :agree:

1) Pepe is in no way crap.

2) Ronaldo didn't have a shit second half of the season

3) Chielleni is good, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, he doesn't deserve to be in the top 25

4) Xavi didnt have a poor season, although i do agree with your sentiment, that hs was ranked so highly becuase of the Euro's. Imo he should have been top 15 not 10.
At the risk of sounding like a cheesy joke: right said, Fred! :smoke:

C'mon. If that's going to be our standard, Zidane was a choker for what Real paid Juve for him.

People shouldn't hand out golden balloons anyway.
True. They should be tossing them from the curva of the San Siro on the head of Ibrahimovic.

Or you weren't talking about Nick?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
At the risk of sounding like a cheesy joke: right said, Fred! :smoke:

C'mon. If that's going to be our standard, Zidane was a choker for what Real paid Juve for him.

True. They should be tossing them from the curva of the San Siro on the head of Ibrahimovic.

Or you weren't talking about Nick?
zidane and pepe are in different classes. zidane at the time he was sold was arguably the best midfielder if not the best player in the world. Pepe when he left porto was playing in a mickey mouse league, and his defensive reflects his valuation, if pepe had gone for at least half that price, then perhaps, but i dont personally see anything special in him, certainly when i recon there is better on the market for cheaper

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Pepe played the lone central defender for Porto, a CL-qualified squad, in a rare 3-5-2 formation. He was essentially playing the role of two players. Maybe the Portuguese league is hardly the domain of the world's best attackers, but that counts for something compared with other league winners at clubs of recent CL winners.

I hardly think, given what obscene money Real has thrown at players in the past, that Pepe was anywhere close to one of their more ridiculous spends for the quality they got.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He desesrves the award, he has: great skill, pace, footballing brain, two footed, superb heading, fantastic control, finds space, tricks, wonderful freekicks and is brave as brave as they come.
Yes he is not the most endearing, but you have to watch when he is near the ball.

His only real downfall is he doesn't play for Juventus.
And he's a douchetard who dives all over the field and fakes injuries. Oh yeah and he chokes in important games and is completely stuck up.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Pepe played the lone central defender for Porto, a CL-qualified squad, in a rare 3-5-2 formation. He was essentially playing the role of two players. Maybe the Portuguese league is hardly the domain of the world's best attackers, but that counts for something.

I hardly think, given what obscene money Real has thrown at players in the past, that Pepe was anywhere close to one of their more ridiculous spends for the quality they got.
well thats true he's no robben esq signing, but i still stand by the point that i honestly dont think he's that special

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)