Cristiano Ronaldo wins 2009 Ballon D'Or (2 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Manchester United and Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo has been awarded the prestigious 2008 Ballon d'Or, French magazine France Football said on its website on Tuesday.

Ronaldo given the award after inspiring the United to the Champions League and Premier League double in 2008.

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi came second and Liverpool striker Fernando Torres third in a poll of 96 journalists from all over the world organised by France Football, the French magazine said on its website www.francefootball.fr

The 23-year-old follows former United greats Denis Law (1964), Bobby Charlton (1966) and George Best (1968) as a winner of the prize previously known as the European Footballer of the Year award.

He scored 42 goals for the club last season.

He also became this year only the second player to win England's Footballer of the Year award in successive seasons.

However, he failed to make an impact at the European Championship in Austria and Switzerland as Portugal bowed out to eventual runners-up Germany in the quarter-finals

During a pre-season dominated by speculation about a move to Real Madrid, Ronaldo underwent ankle surgery but he has scored eight goals in 11 league games since returning to action in September.

Ronaldo, who was second to Brazil playmaker Kaka last year, is the first Portuguese to win the award since Luis Figo in 2000 and the first Premier League player since Michael Owen the following year.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/2345263

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he deserves it

Buy on AliExpress.com

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
This guy can win all the prizes in the world, I don't care. But if he never change his personality, after retiring, people will completely forget him forever.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
This guy can win all the prizes in the world, I don't care. But if he never change his personality, after retiring, people will completely forget him forever.
Just what i wanted to post!!! Fuck him he can win all the prizes there are in the football world but he shall never have the respect like Del Piero has, Maldini, Raul ect. have from the fans, the colegues the football lovers in whole!!!! Fuck him!! No offence for the guy who started this thread i dont mean anything bad when i say that this thread should be closed!! I fucking hate this peace of shit! Fuck i am so pissed. I dont know why i take this so personaly but this peace of shit irritates me every time i see him!! Fuck!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Keep doing those stepovers at the fifty, and somebody is going to make him pay. Can't wait until this clown's career ends. Hopefully in a lot of pain.

Fuck this guy.

Sep 1, 2002
He desesrves the award, he has: great skill, pace, footballing brain, two footed, superb heading, fantastic control, finds space, tricks, wonderful freekicks and is brave as brave as they come.
Yes he is not the most endearing, but you have to watch when he is near the ball.

His only real downfall is he doesn't play for Juventus.

Apr 12, 2004
He desesrves the award, he has: great skill, pace, footballing brain, two footed, superb heading, fantastic control, finds space, tricks, wonderful freekicks and is brave as brave as they come.
Yes he is not the most endearing, but you have to watch when he is near the ball.

His only real downfall is he doesn't play for Juventus.
I agree that he does deserve it and his personality should not come into play, I'm just pissed he did and I hate Man U, I'll own it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)