Cristiano Giuntoli (19 Viewers)

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
Can anyone tell me why does he deserve the hype and where is this credit come from? What he did in napoli in his 8 years that is worth so much of a respect?

He is nothing more than cherubini, paratici or arrivabene. Weah and djalo are his evidence that he doesnt have a clue what he Is doing.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Can anyone tell me why does he deserve the hype and where is this credit come from? What he did in napoli in his 8 years that is worth so much of a respect?

He is nothing more than cherubini, paratici or arrivabene. Weah and djalo are his evidence that he doesnt have a clue what he Is doing.
Paratici is the reason we are in such bad financial condition plus the plusvalenza case. Guintoli has an eye for signing relatively less known players who have established players for Napoli :
Kvicha Kvaratskhelia (Dinamo Batumi, €11.5m)
Kim Min-jae (Fenerbahce, €18.05m)
Victor Osimhen (Lille, €75m)
Piotr Zielinski (Udinese, €15m)
Giovanni Di Lorenzo (Empoli, €9m)
Stanislav Lobotka (Celta Vigo, €20m)
Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa (Fulham €17.3m)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Thank goodness none of you hold management positions at Juve. We’d probably be even worse off than we currently are.

Giuntoli’s job is a LOT more than just buying and selling players. He did what he could with a zero euro budget, but his primary focus this past year was making the club focus on the pitch, and not on off-the-pitch distractions- easier said than done given the Pogba and Fagioli situations.

His next task will be to find the right manager. The decision he makes to that end will decide Juve’s short term future. I will hold my judgment on him till he makes that decision and has another transfer window and a decent budget to play with.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Thank goodness none of you hold management positions at Juve. We’d probably be even worse off than we currently are.

Giuntoli’s job is a LOT more than just buying and selling players. He did what he could with a zero euro budget, but his primary focus this past year was making the club focus on the pitch, and not on off-the-pitch distractions- easier said than done given the Pogba and Fagioli situations.

His next task will be to find the right manager. The decision he makes to that end will decide Juve’s short term future. I will hold my judgment on him till he makes that decision and has another transfer window and a decent budget to play with.
Finally someone with common sense :mark:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

And let's not forget that he was hired by us after the Weah signing.

So he had nothing to do with that unless people think that he would actually commit a breach of contract by negotiating players for Juve while still under contract for Napoli.

Because, I mean. Nobody actually believes that he would risk that for Timothy Weah.

Right? Or am I hoping for the impossible here.

21 years on this forum, you'd think I'd know better.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And let's not forget that he was hired by us after the Weah signing.

So he had nothing to do with that unless people think that he would actually commit a breach of contract by negotiating players for Juve while still under contract for Napoli.

Because, I mean. Nobody actually believes that he would risk that for Timothy Weah.

Right? Or am I hoping for the impossible here.

21 years on this forum, you'd think I'd know better.
I didn't actually realise Weah joined the week before Giuntoli lol.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
But he as a sporting director doesn't have the final say on manager appointment does he? All he can do is advise isn't it?

Say he decides to change the manager but Elkann says no, we stick with Allegri for another season. Does it mean he is not doing his job?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
So ADL told the prosecutors that Giuntoli was solely responsible for the Osimhen deal... turns out Giuntoli wasn't even a director at napoli at the time and had no powers to sign players hence why Giuntoli is clear of any potential crimes :lol:

Yet it was Osimhen that praised ADL and Gattuso and called them as father figures in their roles in signing Osimhen, he even said that both Gattuso and ADL went to meet him to sign him in the first place, he doesn't even mention Giuntoli at all... but ADL told the prosecutors otherwise :lol: what a fucking liar.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So ADL told the prosecutors that Giuntoli was solely responsible for the Osimhen deal... turns out Giuntoli wasn't even a director at napoli at the time and had no powers to sign players hence why Giuntoli is clear of any potential crimes :lol:

Yet it was Osimhen that praised ADL and Gattuso and called them as father figures in their roles in signing Osimhen, he even said that both Gattuso and ADL went to meet him to sign him in the first place, he doesn't even mention Giuntoli at all... but ADL told the prosecutors otherwise :lol: what a fucking liar.
Giuntoli definitely worked there at the time of the deal and he was responsible for recruitment. So the distinguishing factor is that he wasn't a director?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 6)